Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed mention on the UK Forum that Patch 3 has been released to dealers.

Any of you with close connections to your dealers and service folks heard anything to substantiate this?

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Yes, there is yet another release in Topix. It's weirdly numbered so hard to tell if it's patch 3 to 2.5 or considered a 3.0 in itself. My dealer's shop manager wasn't sure but he said it's again mostly an improvement to install/update process. Jaguar has also released a couple of other interesting items related to this. First is a recovery procedure for info control module to recover modules that appear bricked. Their data analysis has shown where service folks are often going wrong leading to problems and a way to get out of it without having to replace unit. There is also a very detailed telematics module diagnosis procedure out for figuring out if something if configured/installed incorrectly or if telematics unit has to be replaced.

All of the above should make for more reliable ICTP updates.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Now that's a Tid-Bit of Good News !!! ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, there is yet another release in Topix. It's weirdly numbered so hard to tell if it's patch 3 to 2.5 or considered a 3.0 in itself. My dealer's shop manager wasn't sure but he said it's again mostly an improvement to install/update process. Jaguar has also released a couple of other interesting items related to this. First is a recovery procedure for info control module to recover modules that appear bricked. Their data analysis has shown where service folks are often going wrong leading to problems and a way to get out of it without having to replace unit. There is also a very detailed telematics module diagnosis procedure out for figuring out if something if configured/installed incorrectly or if telematics unit has to be replaced.

Just got mine back yesterday for the latest updates to fix the phone ringer issue with Android. Most of my ICTP unit was working flawlessly since the last update but I supposedly now have the latest to date. Not sure what else was added / corrected but my only observation is that the ICTP unit seems to be less snappy. Slower and less sensitive on the touch screen. I will monitor this. It's working fine, but slow.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

Happy I got a brand new module before they introduced directions on how to bring a bricked unit back to life haha ;)>:)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Can't wait to get mine fixed...I have been having the same issue for a while now and it seems to happen more frequently as time passes. The connection with Bluetooth on my iphone doesn't work as well as it should - and sometimes the ICTP freezes not allowing me to use it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
New Module

Happy I got a brand new module before they introduced directions on how to bring a bricked unit back to life haha ;)>:)
My F Pace was delivered in July, 2016. ICTP issues, despite updates have continued. After much discussion, the dealer has agreed to replace the module. Has the replacement solved all of your problems?

·
Registered
99 Posts
My F Pace was delivered in July, 2016. ICTP issues, despite updates have continued. After much discussion, the dealer has agreed to replace the module. Has the replacement solved all of your problems?

In my case it solved them all. I had two updates but it still did not fix all of the issues. Finally, in December they replaced the module and it was night and day.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Every single one, there are times when I shut it off, lets say at a gas station, and then turn it back on within a short time that the screen will be slow to start up but other than that its been great.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is Patch 3 available? I'm dropping F-Pace to dealer on Tuesday. Curious what are the chances to get new stuff.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Don't forget to report back here on the Forum , AFTER you get the NEW Module , and let us know the results ! :)

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Is Patch 3 available? I'm dropping F-Pace to dealer on Tuesday. Curious what are the chances to get new stuff.
The latest and greatest update release came out Feb 23 so if you are having ictp updated that's what you will likely get.

Reactions: karmavita

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is the 2/23 release new fixes/function or just an improved process to keep dealer from frying the unit?

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Is the 2/23 release new fixes/function or just an improved process to keep dealer from frying the unit?
As best I can tell just process fixes

Reactions: uncheel
1 - 15 of 15 Posts