Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ICTP "Superupdate" that is rumored to launch in late October is the next event that has the potential to improve the experience many of us have with our F-Paces. We should be tracking it closely on this forum, and I'd like to propose we use this separate thread to do so.

We had a good conversation going in another thread, but a flameout got too personal, caused some key members to leave and got the thread closed by the Admins. I'd like to also suggest that we avoid that behavior here, and use this space to share news of the launch, and then identify fixes (or lack of fixes) once live.

The latest rumor that I've heard is that after a delay, it is scheduled for a late-October release to the public, and that the JLR Dealer Service Dept's tools are being currently being updated to support the new version. Unfortunately, I believe that the member that relayed this info is no longer with us and can't elaborate.

Has anyone heard any news on the update, confirmed or otherwise?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The ICTP "Superupdate" that is rumored to launch in late October is the next event that has the potential to improve the experience many of us have with our F-Paces. We should be tracking it closely on this forum, and I'd like to propose we use this separate thread to do so.

We had a good conversation going in another thread, but a flameout got too personal, caused some key members to leave and got the thread closed by the Admins. I'd like to also suggest that we avoid that behavior here, and use this space to share news of the launch, and then identify fixes (or lack of fixes) once live.

The latest rumor that I've heard is that after a delay, it is scheduled for a late-October release to the public, and that the JLR Dealer Service Dept's tools are being currently being updated to support the new version. Unfortunately, I believe that the member that relayed this info is no longer with us and can't elaborate.

I have a friend who is a Jag mechanic, and he confirmed last Friday that he was given a "heads up" that the big update was indeed coming, but no firm date. He said 1500 updates for various systems. Yesterday, he said he did the most recent ICTP update (I think the techs are in the dark as to whether or not this is the "big" update, or simply another one), but he said it took 2.5 hours to implement it, so his feeling was, it was big. That's all I know...

·
Registered
212 Posts

I have a friend who is a Jag mechanic, and he confirmed last Friday that he was given a "heads up" that the big update was indeed coming, but no firm date. He said 1500 updates for various systems. Yesterday, he said he did the most recent ICTP update (I think the techs are in the dark as to whether or not this is the "big" update, or simply another one), but he said it took 2.5 hours to implement it, so his feeling was, it was big. That's all I know...
I got this update on Saturday and my service department or advisor also had no clue it was the " big " update ... all I know is I can't connect to Internet at all over 3g or wifi , even though it says my car is connected

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing TVN. I once had my entire ICTP system rebuilt when the Service department messed up an update and accidentally bricked it. That also took about 2.5hrs, so it sounds like that's the rough duration of a complete system flash.

That could be the Superupdate, but it will be hard to tell by just duration alone. Any changes, even 1,500, will likely just rewrite existing code, not add so much more to increase the load time noticeably. When it comes, we'll need to diagnose from our own experiences. Or maybe they'll provide release notes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got this update on Saturday and my service department or advisor also had no clue it was the " big " update ... all I know is I can't connect to Internet at all over 3g or wifi , even though it says my car is connected
1. Was this happening before?
2. Did it fix anything?

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I went in on Oct. 8th for what my service dept. said was the "BIG" Update , but I don't think it was , after reading posts on this Forum , saying the BIG Update hasn't come out yet ! But , I was having Radio Freeze-Ups and CD problems , which were only happening once in a blue moon , but after the Update my wife says the issues are happening EVERYDAY now ! So ,SHE'S not too Happy , but I asked her to PLEASE be Patient ! I hope this next one does the Trick ! Fingers Crossed !

Reactions: PemM34%2

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just took delivery of fpace today..service manager advised big update coming 26 th October will wait and see..

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Lets see if I can help a little here. I'm going to make this thread a "Sticky".

I have a similar thread that is posted under:

Jaguar F-Pace Service, Maintenance And Troubleshooting
F-Pace Issues And Problems
Firmware/Software Problems with ICT/ICTP/Infotainment Systems

Between the two hopefully everyone will stay informed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just took delivery of fpace today..service manager advised big update coming 26 th October will wait and see..
I was just told the same thing by the owner of my dealer. The big update was coming October 26th and that he would have the service department give me a ring to schedule it after they get their equipment updated.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was just looking through my navigation menu and saw a few options ( sub categories )I don't remember seeing before the update was done . Sorry forgot to take pictures . But will tomorrow and pit them up . Maybe I am crazy and didn't notice them but you guys and girls can let me know , after I post the picture .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just looking through my navigation menu and saw a few options ( sub categories )I don't remember seeing before the update was done . Sorry forgot to take pictures . But will tomorrow and pit them up . Maybe I am crazy and didn't notice them but you guys and girls can let me know , after I post the picture .
Would love to see them, thanks.
And if we have two different Service Managers discussing October 26, that's a good sign. Let's keep our fingers crossed for Wednesday.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lets see if I can help a little here. I'm going to make this thread a "Sticky".

I have a similar thread that is posted under:

Jaguar F-Pace Service, Maintenance And Troubleshooting
F-Pace Issues And Problems
Firmware/Software Problems with ICT/ICTP/Infotainment Systems

Between the two hopefully everyone will stay informed.
Thanks for the support! This could be a big deal for the FP, and all of us. It's worth giving some focus.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
If you read the other thread what I was told is:

For those that are interested Jaguar had a conference call yesterday and the InControl software was pulled last week from SDD. The problem is/was transferring the software to the vehicle. A new possible release date is the 26th with the campaign coming shortly after. It will most likely not just be InControl software and may include more enhancements.

By the time the SDD are downloaded and tested the campaign will probably not start until early November, Everyone should read the last page of this thread. And for those of you who know VZX-CO he has made a limited appearance for the moment. So for those who care please pay close attention.

ICTP SOftware Problems and Update info

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I was just told the same thing by the owner of my dealer. The big update was coming October 26th and that he would have the service department give me a ring to schedule it after they get their equipment updated.
God, I hope this is true. Three weeks ago, I made an appointment for October 27th to swap out my 22 inch Pirelli summers for 22 inch Continental All-Seasons, AND get the superupdate. I thought everyone else would have their superupdates by now. So it's coming on the 26th? Lucky coincidence for me, I guess. I'll be there on the 27th.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
God, I hope this is true. Three weeks ago, I made an appointment for October 27th to swap out my 22 inch Pirelli summers for 22 inch Continental All-Seasons, AND get the superupdate. I thought everyone else would have their superupdates by now. So it's coming on the 26th? Lucky coincidence for me, I guess. I'll be there on the 27th.
Hey Trek , my Wife and I both thought the "Ride Quality" on the Pirelli Summers was kinda Harsh ! I know , I know already , You aren't too concerned about the ride , as long as you can go around corners at 80-mph or go 0-60 in 5.1 ! And I as well , think those features are AWESOME , but if you would be so kind as to let me know if you honestly think the "Ride Quality " is ALOT Better or A Little Better or No Difference between the Pirelli Summers and the Continental All Seasons !!! I would GREATLY Appreciate your Honest Opinion !!!
Thanks, GRVR

Reactions: Trek

·
Registered
56 Posts
Trek, from what my dealer told me, it would be released on the 26th, that wouldn't mean they would be ready to patch cars by then. It sounded like they needed to download then upgrade their equipment, before upgrading anyone. They may even have to test on one in their inventory first, but who knows. You could get lucky and they could be ready to go for you.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
The distribution of the upgraded software is due to be released to the dealer network on or about the 26th. That does not mean that every dealer will have it at the same time. The "campaign is due to start early in November so don't be surprised if the dealer is not ready for you on the 26th or 27th.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We have a saying in England. "Whistling in the wind". If Jaguar are guilty of this Don't be too hopeful for an early solution not during 2016 anyway!

1 - 20 of 457 Posts