Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into the F-Pace today, started her up and my ICTP monitor was blinking all over the place. Turned the car off and then back on, still doing it. Drove to my first destination, exited the car and completely locked it, setting the alarm. When I returned and unlocked the car, the ICTP was completely normal. I videoed the behavior for all to see, but I don't know if it attached correctly.

Has anyone else experience this behavior from the gremlins within the car's electronics systems?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got into the F-Pace today, started her up and my ICTP monitor was blinking all over the place. Turned the car off and then back on, still doing it. Drove to my first destination, exited the car and completely locked it, setting the alarm. When I returned and unlocked the car, the ICTP was completely normal. I videoed the behavior for all to see, but I don't know if it attached correctly.

Has anyone else experience this behavior from the gremlins within the car's electronics systems?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had that once or twice. Same thing - it reset itself and was fine.

I have a few other ICTP issues that have come up in the past few weeks. I'm hoping future software updates will make the system more stable.

·
F Pace Expert
2,555 Posts
I have a little display fritizing, nothing like that, rare and clears itself up quickly without a reset.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Have had nothing like that. Would look pretty cool thought with some crazy electronic music going with it >:)

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Have not seen that. I've seen delayed start times but nothing like that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not seen that before...keep the recording and show it to the service department next time she goes in. The new update for the ICTP is pretty good and should take care of most issues, although I do believe there is another slight update (2.5 is the big one, 3.0 was a process update and now 3.2 has another update).

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I've decided to wait it out , until they release the *7.045286 version ICTP Update* !
As I believe that one will clear up everything ! 0:)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Haven't seen that before. mine has done the dim/bright/dim/bright main growler screen flickering at startup a few times, but not often enough to bother taking it in (maybe 1 in 20 cold starts)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I see you had the temp set to 66 that is too cold and probably and evil number.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see you had the temp set to 66 that is too cold and probably and evil number.
HA!, I normally keep my A/C on 68 - Auto selected. But the F-Pace can't maintain a comfortable cabin temp at 68, so I dropped it to 66 and that seems to work fine. As someone else pointed out on the forum, Jag under charges the A/C systems. On my next service I'm going to ask them to bump it up past specs, we'll see if they do it.>:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's an old problem with Jaguars, called the 'Ghost of Lucas, the Prince of Darkness'.

Reactions: myjaguar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ctufieldops, came across this post as my new F-Pace ICTP did exactly this today. It reset itself on the next drive but I'm worried that it'll come back. Did your ICTP fix itself in the end, or did you have to get a repair?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi ctufieldops, came across this post as my new F-Pace ICTP did exactly this today. It reset itself on the next drive but I'm worried that it'll come back. Did your ICTP fix itself in the end, or did you have to get a repair?
HI @djmc321 it only happen once and never, ever reoccurred. I've recently had the ICTP updated with the most recent software release, and have been very happy with it's performance, so I'm hoping all is good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
it only happen once and never, ever reoccurred. I've recently had the ICTP updated with the most recent software release, and have been very happy with it's performance, so I'm hoping all is good.
Okay, thanks for confirming. That's somewhat reassuring that it wasn't a recurring problem. I've got a recording of the issue which looks identical to yours, so I'll show it to the dealer whilst they're fixing my Remote Climate issue to double check.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts