Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've asked about this before, but obviously did a lousy job framing the question ... folks got lost in the weeds. It's a bit complex, so bear with me:-

1. ... when you touch a point on the map on the navigation screen, an icon (circle with embedded arrow) appears in the top left corner together with a measure showing the distance from where you are, to the point you touched on the map (as the crow flies);
2. ... I've found this to be an easy way, to influence the route selection at a macro level e.g. input a destination, see the route on the map, enter a waypoint (using the touch described above) to modify the route to your liking; so far so good.

are you still with me???

3. ... another great feature of the touch screen, is that you can use two fingers to change the scale of your map, by simply pinching or expanding (zoom in or out), like you do on most tablets
4. ... now, tablets do interpret different finger combinations to select, or swipe, or zoom, or etc.; unfortunately, our touch screen seems more limited, because
5. ... as soon as you touch the screen, two fingers or not, the icon mentioned above appears; so even if all you want to do is to change the scale of the map, when you are done pinching/expanding, you have to "get rid of" that icon mentioned above (a simple extra touch will do it)

Not a Biggie, but a minor irritant, particularly when you are driving along. If anyone has a way around this, please post a reply.

·
Super Moderator
1,890 Posts
Great explanation, sorry that I don't have a work around for you but this is just another reason to be able to use verbal commands especially when you are driving alone.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I spent a little time playing with this on my ICTP and I can't replicate what you are seeing. I can touch a point on the map and bring up the marker that you mentioned. A second tap will dismiss the marker. If I pinch to zoom the map zooms as expected but doesn't create an additional touch point on the map.

You are correct that tablet software is complex enough to register different touch points and intent, meaning that once it recognizes that you intended to zoom it would ignore what would look like a tap-to-add-marker. Is your ICTP up to date with the latest and greatest?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts