Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past few months the navigation system has, on its own, fairly regularly logged me out. I leave for a trip expecting the route I set on the route app will download as soon as my cell data connection is live and nothing happens. I go to force a synch of destinations and get message asking me to logon to my navigation account. This is invariably when I’m in heavy traffic and annoyed. Of course, I eventually pull off in safe place to take a break, complete the login and all is well. Things synch, routes appear, etc. A week or two later rinse and repeat. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes! In the past there was an occasional log out but lately I've found that quite often when I start the car the nav is telling me to sign in. Guess it must be something in the newest software releases? I'm at 19B in my 2018.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
In the past few months the navigation system has, on its own, fairly regularly logged me out..... Anyone else have this happen?
I had this happen 2 or 3 times about a month ago . Signed in again and all was good.
The third time I didn't sign in and at the next startup and ever since, it's back to normal and have not been logged out again.
Personally, I think a lot of this stuff is JLR server related, especially the Remote Start App.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Noticed the same on mine with 19B. What's odd is that it still has a greeting that says "Hello <first name>" but with text under it that tells me to log in for syncing. But it clearly has account info if it has my name. Logged in today, we'll see how long it stays.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
I noticed after any type of update ICTP or LIVE is makes me log back in.

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm...interesting i had just done a map update this last time

·
Registered
188 Posts
It just had me sign in again...no update of any type was done. Like Gorgon said above, the screen said Hello Bob, but it wanted me to sign in for any syncing...even though I didn't send any info in that would need syncing. Guess this is just a recent burp in the system that will be fixed with the next update. I'm still on 19B if that matters.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I had this happen 2 or 3 times about a month ago . Signed in again ..., it's back to normal and have not been logged out again.
Spoke too soon... logged me out this morning. I’m on 19B.

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I reported this to my dealer shop manager and said others were having problem. Maybe that will get it into Jaguar’s system if not already there.

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heard back from shop manager. He said they've been hearing about this too. Suspects might have something to do with lots of changes JLR is making to its IT infrastructure to better support over the air updates and other systems.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Noticed the same on mine with 19B. What's odd is that it still has a greeting that says "Hello <first name>" but with text under it that tells me to log in for syncing. But it clearly has account info if it has my name. Logged in today, we'll see how long it stays.
Not necessarily true. Depends on how the software was written. For example, it could cache your name locally, enabling the software to recall your name without the software being logged in to your account.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the past few months the navigation system has, on its own, fairly regularly logged me out. I leave for a trip expecting the route I set on the route app will download as soon as my cell data connection is live and nothing happens. I go to force a synch of destinations and get message asking me to logon to my navigation account. This is invariably when I’m in heavy traffic and annoyed. Of course, I eventually pull off in safe place to take a break, complete the login and all is well. Things synch, routes appear, etc. A week or two later rinse and repeat. Anyone else have this happen?
Has this gotten better for you these last few months?

I still have this daily, even after 4 different ITCP software updates (I am on S20A_20.16.5-536345 now ... 😢)

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have not been logged out in past few weeks. I did delete Live and let it reinstall itself because that was giving me similar issue. I don’t think two should be related but maybe....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried that too (reinstall):
  • Logged out of navigation
  • Logged out of Live
  • Deleted Live
  • Left car for a while
  • Reinstalled live
  • Logged into navigation
  • Logged into live
Unfortunately, I was logged out of navigation again this morning 😬

(Live IS still logged-in though, it has been for ~3 years now ;-)

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Logged me out yesterday.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I still get logged out at random times. Something that I've learned to accept. If they could keep everything running as it should, I wouldn't mind the occasional having to log in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts