Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Not a lawyer, but if you document issues while still under warranty, and the dealer is unable to fix the problem within the warranty period, I believe you have a pretty strong case. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it😀.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
At risk of slight topic drift, this does raise the interesting question of whether or not ICTP updates will continue to be received OTA after one passes warranty period? If it's like computer industry would continue to receive but hmmmm.....?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Today's update. No immediate fix (no surprise), but they confirmed that the issue is documented and supposed to be addressed in the next ICTP release - now expected in August. Supposedly it will be delivered OTA and they said I would be able to get it. We'll see.

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar F-PACE 25t Prestige
2 Posts
Updated to S21B software version today. Noticeably the CarPlay navigation bug where the routes were never played back seems to have been fixed. Was a 13MB update so I guess there won’t be many prominent changes. I really hope they haven’t broken anything else in this version.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I did the update to S21B as well. My nav audio issues with Carplay seem to have been fixed. I’ve only tried on 3 short trips, but it seemed to work as it should using Apple Maps and Waze. 👍🏻

·
Registered
107 Posts
… ok maybe I spoke too soon. Carplay indeed works fine, but… anyone else having issues with extremely slow boot times for the system? Nothing seems to work at all (black screen) for like a minute and a half after start up. That’s quite annoying since I have no access to back up camera, etc until it boots up. Before, it would load a smaller backup camera screen before the system was completely up, but not anymore it seems. Hopefully it’s just finishing installing something and will speed up after a few cycles.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
39 Posts
… ok maybe I spoke too soon. Carplay indeed works fine, but… anyone else having issues with extremely slow boot times for the system? Nothing seems to work at all (black screen) for like a minute and a half after start up. That’s quite annoying since I have no access to back up camera, etc until it boots up. Before, it would load a smaller backup camera screen before the system was completely up, but not anymore it seems. Hopefully it’s just finishing installing something and will speed up after a few cycles.
Granted, it's only one day of vehicle use but my observation seems the opposite: it actually has the feel of being a little bit snappier now! Often when I would get in and start up, many options would still be loading in the background and you'd get the " xxxx unavailable" until it got done. It seems to load up quicker for me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Seems all better now, but I had 3 starts in a row where it just took a long while to load… as in backed out of my garage, down my street and onto the main road before it decided to even show the leaper on the screen. Once it loaded it did seem more snappy. I suppose it just needed a few restart cycles to get everything installed properly.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Does anyone know if ICTP versions are different between different models. We have our F-type now and after we got it home I was milling around ICTP and noticed it was on version 19B. The car is a 2023 so it seems odd to me that it would be on a version that was so old to me when I had ICTP in my F-Paces. I'm about to call the dealer and find out but I figured I'd ask here first.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Does anyone know if ICTP versions are different between different models. We have our F-type now and after we got it home I was milling around ICTP and noticed it was on version 19B. The car is a 2023 so it seems odd to me that it would be on a version that was so old to me when I had ICTP in my F-Paces. I'm about to call the dealer and find out but I figured I'd ask here first.
It’s always been odd to me that the F-Type has lagged behind other Jaguar models for infotainment. Hell, it didn’t get ICTP until 2019 so I guess that could be the latest? Let us know what the dealer says. This is a concern of mine when looking at F-Types.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yes I was a bit surprised when I jumped in the car we test drove and it didn't have Pivi, that one was a 2022, we have a 2023 and still no Pivi. I don't think the dealership has any information on if Pivi is going to come to the F-Type. With everything that is changing at Jaguar, I'm not sure it will. I did reach out to the dealership and it should have the latest version of ICTP and they set it on the back end to get it, but I then found out that the car doesn't even have a working Sim. I didn't notice that since I use CarPlay all the time, but without a working SIM and no network I can't get the download of software. We use CarPlay with then after market adapter for wireless, it's the one I used in the 2021 SVR until it received Wireless CarPlay with the the Pivi 3.0 update. With the F-Type it's going to take a visit to the dealership to sort this I believe.

·
Registered
315 Posts
To Gorgon - Infotainment isn't why you get an F-Type. The best sound is coming from the stereo pipes under the car.

PA-FPACE-F - Not that you're missing much, since you're using CarPlay (as I am in the F-Pace), but you SHOULD be able to get updates without a working sim. The dealer certainly isn't using a cell connection to do ICTP updates and updated my F-Pace after I cut off the SIM. Similarly, I can still get OTA updates at home, using WIFI.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
uncheel, you are right. The F-Type got an update on the software after a 2 hour ride my wife took in it. I decided to jump in it after that ride and there was an icon stating that a download was available. I went to the software update and sure enough it was there and would be installed after the car shut down. It is now on what I think is the latest for ICTP. It is what you guys have been throwing around out here for ICTP cars. My 21 SVR is on Pivi and I do miss the big screen and with the top down the ICTP screen is nearly impossible to read, but I'm not sure the Pivi screen would do any better with the top down. The F-Type does have the upgraded climate controls and such so it's not that bad.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
To Gorgon - Infotainment isn't why you get an F-Type. The best sound is coming from the stereo pipes under the car.
Oh, I know it and it's why I'm looking at F-Types. But it would be nice to have CarPlay as well as the quad pipes out the back. :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
ICTP S22A_22.32.4-92805
Release Date 11/3/22

INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 22A

NEW FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE

CD PLAYER
  • Album artwork now displayed in media page for CD ripped content
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE

TELEVISION

• Improvement to the television launch experience
PHONE
  • The correct contact photo will now be displayed in the Instrument Panel Cluster during phone calls
SPOTIFY™
  • Improvements to the Spotify™ experience, including new features
HILL DESCENT
  • llumination of the hill descent control icon fixed within the Off-Road information screen
SYSTEM
  • InControl© Touch system signal handling improvements

·
Registered
315 Posts
That's for keeping tabs and sharing! I assume this is coming out as an OTA update, but my car doesn't see it yet. But, like JohnnyL, I wasn't expecting to see any more updates, so a little patience is a good thing.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts