Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
VZX,

With the first download I had for 19a in August, I did keep the car powered through the download until that was done. With my last update to 19B, I was not able to that since the download started when I was driving back from lunch to the office and I had to get back into work. I'm happy to say, that it did restarted on the drive home and 19B was installed completely with no issues over quite a few drive cycles. So I don't think you have to keep things running until the download is complete from my experience. Although, if you can, I would suggest that you take the service managers advice.

·
F Pace Expert
2,660 Posts
VZX,

With the first download I had for 19a in August, I did keep the car powered through the download until that was done. With my last update to 19B, I was not able to that since the download started when I was driving back from lunch to the office and I had to get back into work. I'm happy to say, that it did restarted on the drive home and 19B was installed completely with no issues over quite a few drive cycles. So I don't think you have to keep things running until the download is complete from my experience. Although, if you can, I would suggest that you take the service managers advice.
SM's advice probably based on earlier ICTP update problems. OTA ICTP update must be engineered to download over several drive cycles and as with your experience and mine, definitely engineered to install over multiple drive cycles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FWIW, an update after my visit to the dealer.

They tried checking for the 19B update but did not see any updates. I told them I was mainly looking for the smartphone pack and didn’t want to pay for it when it is going to be free. So my service advisor added it for me for free :)

so in the end, no 19B yet, but have carplay

·
Registered
149 Posts
Guess JLR is now sending automatic updates. Got in my car and was notified there was an update available...S19B_19.40.4-436082
It downloaded and installed no problem. Maybe they are finally taming this ICTP system!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Guess JLR is now sending automatic updates. Got in my car and was notified there was an update available...S19B_19.40.4-436082
It downloaded and installed no problem. Maybe they are finally taming this ICTP system!
What version were you on before the update? I'm still on 18B so expect to have to get an update at the dealer prior to full OTA being available on my 2017.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What version were you on before the update? I'm still on 18B so expect to have to get an update at the dealer prior to full OTA being available on my 2017.

I was at S19B_19.35.5-418001 and it went to S19B_19.40.4-436082 This was my third SOTA update. The first two were initiated by the dealer after I requested the SOTA, this last one was automatic. I have a 2018.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts