Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
VZX,

With the first download I had for 19a in August, I did keep the car powered through the download until that was done. With my last update to 19B, I was not able to that since the download started when I was driving back from lunch to the office and I had to get back into work. I'm happy to say, that it did restarted on the drive home and 19B was installed completely with no issues over quite a few drive cycles. So I don't think you have to keep things running until the download is complete from my experience. Although, if you can, I would suggest that you take the service managers advice.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
F Pace Expert
2,568 Posts
VZX,

With the first download I had for 19a in August, I did keep the car powered through the download until that was done. With my last update to 19B, I was not able to that since the download started when I was driving back from lunch to the office and I had to get back into work. I'm happy to say, that it did restarted on the drive home and 19B was installed completely with no issues over quite a few drive cycles. So I don't think you have to keep things running until the download is complete from my experience. Although, if you can, I would suggest that you take the service managers advice.
SM's advice probably based on earlier ICTP update problems. OTA ICTP update must be engineered to download over several drive cycles and as with your experience and mine, definitely engineered to install over multiple drive cycles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
FWIW, an update after my visit to the dealer.

They tried checking for the 19B update but did not see any updates. I told them I was mainly looking for the smartphone pack and didn’t want to pay for it when it is going to be free. So my service advisor added it for me for free :)

so in the end, no 19B yet, but have carplay

·
Registered
204 Posts
Guess JLR is now sending automatic updates. Got in my car and was notified there was an update available...S19B_19.40.4-436082
It downloaded and installed no problem. Maybe they are finally taming this ICTP system!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Guess JLR is now sending automatic updates. Got in my car and was notified there was an update available...S19B_19.40.4-436082
It downloaded and installed no problem. Maybe they are finally taming this ICTP system!
What version were you on before the update? I'm still on 18B so expect to have to get an update at the dealer prior to full OTA being available on my 2017.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What version were you on before the update? I'm still on 18B so expect to have to get an update at the dealer prior to full OTA being available on my 2017.

I was at S19B_19.35.5-418001 and it went to S19B_19.40.4-436082 This was my third SOTA update. The first two were initiated by the dealer after I requested the SOTA, this last one was automatic. I have a 2018.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don’t immediately notice a ton different except it’s smoother and more stable than 18D that I had. One thing I do notice is that my audio picks up right where it left off on last drive cycle. Wasn’t doing that on 18D. Need to spend more time with it. Release notes:

IMC (Infotainment Master Controller) - Software version: S19C_19.46.4-458817, Assembly Part Number: LK72-19C204-BB (G2445044)
INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 19C

Software Release Date: 2019-12-04
Software Release Notes
Note

The software update for this release note is available on the following systems -

Software Over The Air (SOTA)

Introduction
This Document contains the following information:

New features included in this release:
Bluetooth®
System
Climate screen

Issues fixed in this release:
Phone
InControl Apps
Speech
Bluetooth®
Screen Saver
Eco Data
Climate screen
Rear Seat Entertainment
Navigation
4x4i

New features included in this release:

Bluetooth®
Improved connection of Bluetooth® devices.

System
General improved system performance.

Climate screen
The air ioniser icon has changed to a different design.

Issues fixed in this release:

Phone
Audio will no longer be lost during a call.
Improved connectivity to devices using USB.
Bluetooth® phone will no longer unexpectedly unpair during a call.

(F-types with an 8" screen in the USA only)
InControl Apps
iPhones will now connect correctly when using InControl Apps.

Speech
When requesting a track list from an iOS device using speech the track list will now display all the tracks every time.
When American English is selected for speech guidance it will now be American not British English.
General improvements for Speech recognition and usability.
General improvements for speech integration with navigation.

Bluetooth®
The music will no longer unexpectedly stop when playing an iOS device over Bluetooth®.

(F-Type only)
Screen Saver
The screen saver will now display correctly without a white patch.

Eco Data
Improved stability of Trip Eco data.

Climate screen
When switching from light theme to dark the Front/Rear toggle button will no longer sometimes disappear.

Rear Seat Entertainment
Improved stability at start up

(China only)
Navigation
Voice guidance issue now fixed

(New Evoque, E-Pace and Discovery Sport Only)
4x4i
2WD/4WD and Torque Distribution will now be displayed correctly.

Known issues in this release
There are no known issues in this Software release.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, I got the dealer to enable OTA updates this morning. I was on 18B, and I believe the update it gave me to download was 19C. I left the car running for an hour while it downloaded and updated.

Now it says it has been updated, but still shows 18B. And the "check for update" option is grayed out, as is the little "power button" icon in the upper right.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
190 Posts
So, I got the dealer to enable OTA updates this morning. I was on 18B, and I believe the update it gave me to download was 19C. I left the car running for an hour while it downloaded and updated.

Now it says it has been updated, but still shows 18B. And the "check for update" option is grayed out, as is the little "power button" icon in the upper right.

Any ideas?
Have you turn off your car since the update. If not please turn your car off, lock it and wait for 15 mins and then check it again. If you have updated to 19C it will show and if not then you need to contact dealer to turn on SOTA.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you turn off your car since the update. If not please turn your car off, lock it and wait for 15 mins and then check it again. If you have updated to 19C it will show and if not then you need to contact dealer to turn on SOTA.
That was it, thanks! I had turned it off and on, but hadn't waited. Just went out to check, sure enough I have 19C now.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got a notification that 20A software was ready SOTA. Has anyone already downloaded this software update and let us know what new or updated features to expect? I won't download it until tomorrow, so was just asking for some advanced info.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts
I download the new version today
S20A_20.16.5-536345

went smoothly

DP

here are the release notes

Full release notes for 20A (S20A_20.07.5-507626)
IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION:
S20A_20.07.5-507626, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: MX53-19C204-BA (G2469185)
Software Release Date: 2020-03-09
NEW FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE
PARKING AID
The Parking aid pop up now has the option to temporarily disable the system.
SYSTEM
All user data can now be deleted by running the vehicle data factory reset.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
BLUETOOTH®
Paired device list when displaying Japanese has improved layout.
Improved Bluetooth® stability when switching from phone library to Spotify.
CLIMATE
After switching from light to dark theme the option to switch from front to rear climate controls will not sometimes be
lost.
Third row blower fan will no longer switch to zero when the display theme is changed.
The timed climate will no longer be shown when it is not available on the vehicle.
OPTICAL DISC DRIVE
Improved ability to play Digital Versatile Discs (DVD)s.
When Compact Disc (CD) is the selected source and CD is in ripping state CD queue list will no longer be empty.
ECO DATA
Improved stability of ECO Data screen.
4X4I – (RUSSIAN ONLY)
Torque values now display in Russian Language
INCONTROL APPS
Reconnecting a phone when InControl Apps are default all soft keys will now be displayed correctly.
NAV
Improved voice guidance stability.
Improved China navigation stability.
PHONE
General improvements when in an active call – fewer cases of lost/gaps in audio.
RADIO – (NORTH AMERICA ONLY)
Improved Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) system stability.
RSE (RSE)
The remote can now be used to select a track from the list on the rear screen.
General improved stability of RSE.
SPEECH
Issue fixed that keeps DAB (DAB) options on the screen after the user cancels the DAB voice command.
STEERING WHEEL SWITCHES
Fixed ‘Mode’ button on steering wheel to change media source is not working.
SYSTEM
General improved system stability.
TERRAIN RESPONSE SCREEN
"Push TR rotary control to activate TR modes" message will do longer display when the rotary control is in the raised
position
TRANSLATIONS
General translation improvements
TELEVISION
General improved stability of the television system.
USB CONNECTIVITY
iPod source will no longer disappear from source list if an iPhone™ is connected to the UIP while the iPod is playing.
USB Media will now resume from the track that was playing when the vehicle was shutdown.
BEV (BEV) DATA – (I-PACE ONLY)
Improved range data accuracy
THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts
Software screen

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Does it make sense that I got one OTA update to 18B, then since, always says no update available? If it did it once it should be "enabled"... Maybe only on Wi-Fi?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I also just downloaded 20a. I’ll share how it goes. Towing my boat to MD today. Been a while since I towed the Boat with the SVR that long.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I download the new version today
S20A_20.16.5-536345
Full release notes for 20A (S20A_20.07.5-507626) followed.
The release notes you posted are for the original 20A release that got rescinded.
I wonder if the 20.16.5 version has any changes?

61 - 80 of 94 Posts