Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm happy to know I'm not the only one with the audio lockout issue!! It's only happened to me twice and was maddening, both times I was driving friends around and its rather embarrassing to explain that your luxury SUV has a mind of it's own and "this just happens sometimes..."

Never had any issues like this with any other vehicle I've owned and its not a good look for Jaguar as they're trying to improve their reputation in the luxury segment.

I'll be calling my SM to see if I can get this update for my car today. I also just brought my car in ~20 days ago for the 19A update + Carplay. I'm going to make a case for my $300 to be refunded in some manner since 19B would have given me the smartphone pack for free....

They absolutely should give it to you free. That's the angle I played and it was pretty easy. I've now had it in 9 times for ICTP issues, and it's back in there this week.

·
Registered
39 Posts
They absolutely should give it to you free. That's the angle I played and it was pretty easy. I've now had it in 9 times for ICTP issues, and it's back in there this week.
Service person at my dealership (Chicago) said they just found out about the Smartphone pack being made available with the 19B update and will be issuing refunds to those who paid for the upgrade. Can't say this will be true for all dealers so others milage may vary....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Service person at my dealership (Chicago) said they just found out about the Smartphone pack being made available with the 19B update and will be issuing refunds to those who paid for the upgrade. Can't say this will be true for all dealers so others milage may vary....
Was this Orloff? If so, I'll be needing my refund.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It was Orloff. I have an appointment later this month to get the S19B update (They told me this couldn't be done OTA...fine since I have some other issues also).

To be clear I haven't yet received a refund for the Smartphone pack, I paid for it less than a month ago on my last service visit. When I called on the phone they did tell me they would be refunding me for it, so I'll be asking for it when I'm there on my next service appointment.

Reactions: J-Pace

·
Registered
36 Posts
It was Orloff. I have an appointment later this month to get the S19B update (They told me this couldn't be done OTA...fine since I have some other issues also).

To be clear I haven't yet received a refund for the Smartphone pack, I paid for it less than a month ago on my last service visit. When I called on the phone they did tell me they would be refunding me for it, so I'll be asking for it when I'm there on my next service appointment.
Let me know how it goes. My annual is in January and I'll be asking for a refund if you get yours. Based on what I'm reading, Jag is issuing the refund for everyone who paid so I would think they will.

·
F Pace Expert
2,568 Posts
Dealer turned on OTA update for 19A and while it took a few to days install itself worked well and I’m on 19B now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My dealer told me he turned on SOTA as well. How many days did you have to wait before it got pushed to you? It has been about 3 days for me.
When my dealer turned on SOTA...turned on to get 19A and then turned on again about two weeks later when 19B came out, it came up on my ICTP the first time I started the car both times. That was less than an hour after the SM said it was turned on.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
When my dealer turned on SOTA...turned on to get 19A and then turned on again about two weeks later when 19B came out, it came up on my ICTP the first time I started the car both times. That was less than an hour after the SM said it was turned on.
Yes it happens pretty darn fast. Should though since it's just a server lookup.

Reactions: BobatStews

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
I know this isnt a QA but im wondering if you could link me to somewhere that tells me where to find the software version? I just took delivery on my first Jaguar and think i found it burried in the nav settings, but im not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hi guys,
I know this isnt a QA but im wondering if you could link me to somewhere that tells me where to find the software version? I just took delivery on my first Jaguar and think i found it burried in the nav settings, but im not sure. Any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 71719
That's the software version, or as close as you'll get. This is an older software version and would ask the dealer to make sure that it's updated to the latest 19B software which includes numerous bug fixes plus support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, at least if you are in the US. Tell us about the car? Where are you from?

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's the software version, or as close as you'll get. This is an older software version and would ask the dealer to make sure that it's updated to the latest 19B software which includes numerous bug fixes plus support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, at least if you are in the US. Tell us about the car? Where are you from?
Thanks for confirming Gorgon! This is what I suspected but couldn't seem to find a clear enough answer before I contacted the dealer. This discussion seemed to be filled with good technical data and thought it would be my best opportunity to get a solid answer. The car is a leftover 2018 XFS Sport Brake, so it doesn't surprise me that the software is dated. She is going back to the dealer this week to have some lot life clear coat scratches repaired that I noted during delivery. I see you are in Philly, my technical "home" is in York, Pennsylvania (north of Baltimore, South of Harrisburg). I am currently working long term in Texas around the Dallas Metroplex however. Thanks again!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes it happens pretty darn fast. Should though since it's just a server lookup.
I think i know what could have happened. Looking at the service bulletin, looks like the dealer should first turn on SOTA (which I think he did for me). Then I need to go to my car and try getting an update (and it will say "no updates"). At this point, the dashboard changes for the dealer and he may have an option to push an update since the car has now check-ed in with the server. Once he clicks "update", I should be able to get the latest update.

I'm going to try and give my service rep a call and see if he sees a push-update options now.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts
I am currently working long term in Texas around the Dallas Metroplex however. Thanks again!
your in my area, where do you work ?

DP

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think i know what could have happened. Looking at the service bulletin, looks like the dealer should first turn on SOTA (which I think he did for me). Then I need to go to my car and try getting an update (and it will say "no updates"). At this point, the dashboard changes for the dealer and he may have an option to push an update since the car has now check-ed in with the server. Once he clicks "update", I should be able to get the latest update.

I'm going to try and give my service rep a call and see if he sees a push-update options now.

I do believe that the dealer just has to check off the update on their end. Once that is in the system you don't need to check for updates as when you start the car at this point, your ICTP will notify you that there is an update available and it will ask you if you would like to download it. It appears that the ICTP always checks in with the server when booting looking for any updates. No action is required on your part except to OK the download and install.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I do believe that the dealer just has to check off the update on their end. Once that is in the system you don't need to check for updates as when you start the car at this point, your ICTP will notify you that there is an update available and it will ask you if you would like to download it. It appears that the ICTP always checks in with the server when booting looking for any updates. No action is required on your part except to OK the download and install.
Okay, just so I'm clear on this; the vehicle doesn't have to be physically at the dealer to activate SOTA for MY2017? This procedure can be done via telephone call to the dealer service department - yes?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Okay, just so I'm clear on this; the vehicle doesn't have to be physically at the dealer to activate SOTA for MY2017? This procedure can be done via telephone call to the dealer service department - yes?
Correct. However they might not want to do it this way and may ask you to bring it in. Or they may not be familiar with the procedure in Topix. The Topix instructions have been posted in the forum so you can talk them through it. Good luck. I’m waiting for my December service and SOTA Activation is an outstanding campaign H232.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Correct. However they might not want to do it this way and may ask you to bring it in. Or they may not be familiar with the procedure in Topix. The Topix instructions have been posted in the forum so you can talk them through it. Good luck. I’m waiting for my December service and SOTA Activation is an outstanding campaign H232.
Curious to see how that goes as my service will be in January.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi guys,
View attachment 71719

That's the exact same software version that MY18 had when I picked it up in January of 2018. 34.17-1480 I can see that either the dealer or you have done a recent map update!

·
F Pace Expert
2,568 Posts
Just to add to skyking reply; reminder, you need to be on
My dealer told me he turned on SOTA as well. How many days did you have to wait before it got pushed to you? It has been about 3 days for me.
Sorry for slow reply, Service Manager sent me an email at about 8:30 am in morning that he had enabled OTA for me. When I went down to vehicle 30 minutes later, started it and checked for update the download began. As others have reported download was pretty quick, install took a few days due to my not driving very far. Even though install was over a few days seemed to have worked flawlessly. Service Manager told me to keep vehicle powered until download completed.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts