Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· F Pace Expert
2,566 Posts
ICTP VERSION 17C6.1 May 17, 2018

YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE YOUR DEALER HAS INSTALLED IN THEIR EQUIPMENT:
PATHFINDER 163 or later
SDD 153.02 and NGI 005.10 or later

SDDICTP_3_005_10 - SDD software update InControl Touch Pro 3_005_10 release note

Note: I've extracted portions of text

17MY Evoque / L538 17MY Discovery Sport / L550 16MY XJ / X351 16MY > 17MY XF / X260 16MY > 17MY XE / X760 17MY F-PACE / X761

This update includes the following enhancements to InControl Touch Pro: 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the ‘Live’ and ‘Browser’ functions are not available in the vehicle. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the InControl Touch Pro system resets when the General Settings are selected by the user while the vehicle is in motion. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the DVD and Television (TV) features cannot be used in the rear of the vehicle. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the user does not see road names when using the navigation system. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the rear heated seats cannot be controlled from the Lower Interactive Control Display Module (ICDM). The option for the rear heated seats is greyed out on the Touch Screen (TS). (Vehicles fitted with ICDM only).

-------------------------------
Subsequent SSM:

SSM73798 - Concerns identified during or after updating InControl Touch Pro with the latest release of software

Common symptoms are reported as:
Voice commands are not recognised.
Voice output such as spoken navigation guidance is inoperative.
If voice input and output are affected, you may find that the Voice Recognition menu is blank.
If the issue is limited to a “voice input only” failure mode, this might be caused by a hardware failure of voice command button or microphone etc. Continue troubleshooting as normal and open a TA if required.

Ref: NGI_TIME / NAV - Time / Navigation concern as the system can no longer process correct time or navigation position.

Incorrect time being displayed.
Navigation Central Car Position away from current location.
Navigation Central Car Position shows the correct location and Navigation works as expected, except road names missing

Ref: NGI_LIVE - Live and Web Browser application functionality concern as the system can no longer process the operation of these applications.

Important Note: Before checking the symptoms below, make sure that the ‘Delete Live’ instructions have been completed after the software update and the Connectivity (Mobile Data or WiFi) is turned on with a valid and clear connection.

Live application will not open when selected by the user
Connected car functionality concern i.e. Web Browser inoperative

Cause:

Internal concern with the module before or after the software update that is unable to be resolved without the need of a WebEx from Global Diagnostic Support (GDS) or the NGI Emergency Recovery Team.

Action:
Confirm the vehicle symptoms match one of the descriptions detailed above.
If the symptom matches, submit a TA to report the concern and request further assistance via WebEx.
The TA will be reviewed and escalated to the appropriate team to schedule a WebEx for the corrective action.
The Emergency Recovery process may require the Ethernet Cable described in tooling bulletins JSST073 / LSST100. Make sure this equipment is available when the TA is submitted to LTS.

Cause:

Internal concern with the module before or after the software update that is unable to be resolved without the need of a WebEx from Global Diagnostic Support (GDS) or the NGI Emergency Recovery Team.

Action:
Confirm the vehicle symptoms match one of the descriptions detailed above.
If the symptom matches, submit a TA to report the concern and request further assistance via WebEx.
The TA will be reviewed and escalated to the appropriate team to schedule a WebEx for the corrective action.
The Emergency Recovery process may require the Ethernet Cable described in tooling bulletins JSST073 / LSST100. Make sure this equipment is available when the TA is submitted to LTS.

· F Pace Expert
2,566 Posts
Dealer turned on OTA update for 19A and while it took a few to days install itself worked well and I’m on 19B now.

· F Pace Expert
2,566 Posts
Just to add to skyking reply; reminder, you need to be on
My dealer told me he turned on SOTA as well. How many days did you have to wait before it got pushed to you? It has been about 3 days for me.
Sorry for slow reply, Service Manager sent me an email at about 8:30 am in morning that he had enabled OTA for me. When I went down to vehicle 30 minutes later, started it and checked for update the download began. As others have reported download was pretty quick, install took a few days due to my not driving very far. Even though install was over a few days seemed to have worked flawlessly. Service Manager told me to keep vehicle powered until download completed.

· F Pace Expert
2,566 Posts
VZX,

With the first download I had for 19a in August, I did keep the car powered through the download until that was done. With my last update to 19B, I was not able to that since the download started when I was driving back from lunch to the office and I had to get back into work. I'm happy to say, that it did restarted on the drive home and 19B was installed completely with no issues over quite a few drive cycles. So I don't think you have to keep things running until the download is complete from my experience. Although, if you can, I would suggest that you take the service managers advice.
SM's advice probably based on earlier ICTP update problems. OTA ICTP update must be engineered to download over several drive cycles and as with your experience and mine, definitely engineered to install over multiple drive cycles.

· F Pace Expert
2,566 Posts
At risk of slight topic drift, this does raise the interesting question of whether or not ICTP updates will continue to be received OTA after one passes warranty period? If it's like computer industry would continue to receive but hmmmm.....?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts