Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ICTP is usually pretty stable, except when I get gas. I pull up to the pump, turn the car off, fuel up, get back into the car, start the car, and several times my ICTP screen will just appear black for a few minutes. One time, instead of seeing a blank screen, the leaper on the screen just flashed on and off. This usually lasts about 1 to 3 minutes and then the system returns to normal function. This doesn't happen every time I get gas (probably about 50% of the time), but has been happening since I picked up the car in October and has not improved with the various software updates that have since been released.

The odd thing is that this has only happened at the gas station. Because it only happens at the gas station, I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I restart the car within a few short minutes after shutting down. But if I make a short trip into a store and restart the car within a few minutes, there’s no problem.

Just curious if anyone has had the same experience.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Just had this happen to me yesterday on only my second fill at a gas station. The screen stayed black for 15-20 seconds or so and then the leaper showed up and it took another 15-20 seconds to boot and stabilize. The oddest thing. Don't remember it during my first trip to the gas station but will pay attention during my next trip.

Also haven't experienced this during any of my other short duration drives where it's started back up within a few minutes.

I'm wondering if the electronics are sensitive to ground potential shift when the gas dispenser is in contact with the vehicle?

Reactions: EagleJag

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Happened after my first refill. Also after a short 10 minute stop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would tend to think it is related to fuel gauge. When you fill up the sensors show more fuel on gauge and may be causing a short of some kind.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I would more think that is losing GPS/Satellite communication if you are under a big steel canopy and takes it a while to reconnect.. doesn't make sense, but its possible....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It's on page 289 of the owner's manual. Check the small print at the bottom of the page. The F-Pace does freak out at service stations. It has something to do with the electrons emitted from all the gas pumping on the island. It happens to me at Wawa and Turkey Hill gas stations but never at the car wash or burger joints.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's on page 289 of the owner's manual. Check the small print at the bottom of the page. The F-Pace does freak out at service stations. It has something to do with the electrons emitted from all the gas pumping on the island. It happens to me at Wawa and Turkey Hill gas stations but never at the car wash or burger joints.
Sounds like a shielding problem. Kind of strange that pumping gas would affect the electronics. Learn something new everyday! :eek:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Are you serious? I couldn't find anything in the manual that made such a statement.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Are you serious? I couldn't find anything in the manual that made such a statement.
Dudes, I'm kidding. Geez. There is no such thing as gasoline fumes emitting electrons. But I do experience black screen on occasion and it always seems to happen at a gas station. The cause may be that most people make the most frequent and shortest stops at petrol stations, and that's why it seems to happen there.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Dudes, I'm kidding. Geez. There is no such thing as gasoline fumes emitting electrons. But I do experience black screen on occasion and it always seems to happen at a gas station. The cause may be that most people make the most frequent and shortest stops at petrol stations, and that's why it seems to happen there.
Haha! I thought you were talking about the emissions from the pump electronics, not the fuel. :) Reading comprehension FTW!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Oh Trek, you are such a joker ;)! But this happens to me no matter where I am, if I turn the car off and return in a very short period the screen will be black on startup for about a minute, then it starts up as if I just started the car. This happens about 50% of the time. Just another example of how inconsistent ICTP is, but it is much better than it was before so I will take it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Never had this issue and I fill up several times a week on average.

I also do not have the issue of the nozzle falling out prematurely - but that was covered in another thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts