Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have searched the forum and web for this but no luck. I can successfully connected my Samsung S7 Edge (running Android 7.0 Nougat as of last week) to the ICTP and can run the apps (weather, news and such). The problem I have is when I connect the phone to the car, I get the black screen on my phone with a car showing it is connected but if I want to use my phone for something other than an ICTP app I have to hit the home screen on my phone to get to my phone apps but then I lose connectivity to ICTP.

Is this the way it works? Either use your phone apps or the ICTP apps but can do both at the same time? For example, I use Waze on my phone for Navigation (for 5-0 detection ;)) but would like the weather to come throw on the ICTP screen at the same time? Since my phone apps are much better than the ICTP apps, I will choose my phone over the ICTP apps but would be nice to live in both worlds at the same time?

Am I missing something here or just limited to using the phone apps or ICTP but not both?

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's that way by design. I have an iPhone7 and it's the same way. Get the connection icon on the phone, but if I navigate away from that then I loose the APPs on ITCP.

With that said, if you are listing to audio through your phone, like spotify, and you leave WAZE on, and set to alert, it will still alert you through the speakers of any hazards such as police, even iff you are connected and using the ITCP apps.

It's not a perfect system, but I actually like using spotify though the ITCP rather than the phone while driving.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BostonJaguar. Unfortunately my 2 favorite apps are Waze and Spotify when driving. With Android, you don't get Spotify with the ICTP Apps. It is only available on Apple. However, Android Spotify is now tied directly into the Waze screen (new feature from Waze in the past month). So looks like until ICTP apps improve on Android I will be using my phone.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've found it much better to mount my phone and skip the ICTP Apps, even though the mounted phone covers up a lot of the ICTP screen. This is an oversimplification, but a useful one: your phone manufacturer made a device that you can customize to be used as you intended; Jaguar made a device that can only be used as Jaguar intended. There some hope that this will change in the future when Android Auto support is added; there is little hope that this will happen any time soon.

·
Registered
255 Posts
With that said, if you are listing to audio through your phone, like spotify, and you leave WAZE on, and set to alert, it will still alert you through the speakers of any hazards such as police, even iff you are connected and using the ITCP apps.
This is what I do. I love having Waze alert me to upcoming hazards/police. So I use the ICTP's navigation. listen to music from my phone and get the alerts via Waze. One thing I can't remember is if Waze only alerts when you have a route programmed or if it also alerts without one. I'll have to play with that to see.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is what I do. I love having Waze alert me to upcoming hazards/police. So I use the ICTP's navigation. listen to music from my phone and get the alerts via Waze. One thing I can't remember is if Waze only alerts when you have a route programmed or if it also alerts without one. I'll have to play with that to see.
I'll alert without a route, but you have to make sure it's open in the background. So I'll bring it up, and then switch back to the jab app or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts