Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I could not find any procedures on how to upgrade the base InControl Touch ICT (Non-Pro) navigational maps, I thought I post here what I found out after much research:

Option 1) (My dealer did not know about this option. It is mentioned though deep inside the bowels of how-to's on one of Jaguar's websites)
Go to JAGUAR INCONTROL TOUCH MAP UPDATER and download the ICT map updater either to your PC or Mac. Retrieve the navigation SD card from your car (front console above USB port) and plug it into your computer. Open the downloaded Map Updater which will read your SD card and determine if there is a new version of maps available for your navigation/car. If so you will need to create an account with a UserId and Password that will enable you to pay for the update $120 and then download the new maps unto your current navigation SD card. Since my car is only 5 months old, I decided against a map update at this time so I did not proceed beyond the payment process.

Option 2)
Take your car to the dealer and they will perform the update for you. According to my Service Adviser, Jaguar will charge you a $199 license fee and a $90 labor fee for services performed. Now, this option's $300 is stiff for merely a map update.

Hope this helps all ICT-only folks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
So do you pay $120 every time to update it? Or is that for unlimited?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice...probably have to pay for each map update, at least that was the model used by other manufacturers for a long time.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
do the owners with ICTP who have been downloading updates onto USB also have to pay for map updates?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thank you for the ICT info.
Will save it for future use.
BUT, $120 for an one-time update? I can purchase a Garmin GPS with life-time map with this money.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
As per Jaguar SA, customer will need to pay for each update. Very steep price.
and if the maps worked better it might be a consideration :|

·
Registered
337 Posts
hmm those updates really should be free.

It's not like the Jag Nav system (or any other OEM Nav system for that matter) will ever provide better functionality than google maps when it comes to speed, human input interface, permanent over-the-air map updates, instant traffic updates, multiple detour suggestions, precise lane information, etc, etc.

My Jag came with Nav as part of the convenience package but I really didn't care for it as I knew I wouldn't use it much.

Car manufacturers really should stop trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to Nav systems and just integrate google maps in their cars. IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
hmm those updates really should be free.

It's not like the Jag Nav system (or any other OEM Nav system for that matter) will ever provide better functionality than google maps when it comes to speed, human input interface, permanent over-the-air map updates, instant traffic updates, multiple detour suggestions, precise lane information, etc, etc.

My Jag came with Nav as part of the convenience package but I really didn't care for it as I knew I wouldn't use it much.

Car manufacturers really should stop trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to Nav systems and just integrate google maps in their cars. IMO.

By whatever method..you should be navigating to the nearest gas station....just sayin..:D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
do the owners with ICTP who have been downloading updates onto USB also have to pay for map updates?
No. ICTP users have a free subscription to map updates for 5 years from purchase date that include quarterly updates. This is only for the region of purchase. There are options to purchase other map regions for $160 per region.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
No. ICTP users have a free subscription to map updates for 5 years from purchase date that include quarterly updates. This is only for the region of purchase. There are options to purchase other map regions for $160 per region.
So $120(4 qtrly updates/yr)(5years)= $2400....almost 2/3 of the navigation pack upgrade price is paying for maps. :nerd:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
ALL Nav Map Updates are free (for region you purchased your vehicle in) for the first 5 years. Covered by the 5yr warranty.
What do you mean by ALL? ICTP and ICT.
Where did you get this info from?
I find it ridiculous that one is covered and the other one isn't. We all paid for it one way or another.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
So $120(4 qtrly updates/yr)(5years)= $2400....almost 2/3 of the navigation pack upgrade price is paying for maps. :nerd:
It may very well be that ICT only gets annual updates similar to the way legacy systems worked. I honestly have no idea since I can only see ICTP updates at https://jaguar.here.com/

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that site doesn't work for ICT given the similarities between ICT and ICTP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you mean by ALL? ICTP and ICT.
Where did you get this info from?
I find it ridiculous that one is covered and the other one isn't. We all paid for it one way or another.
Create an account on https://jaguar.here.com
Once registered you should be able to download map updates.
You will need the VIN for your vehicle
1)Click on the My Account
2)Click on Downloads
3) Click on Download Map
Once you have the application installed, follow the instructions here https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/HA-JaguarNA-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewWebCompanion-InstallationGuide

I am not sure if its for ICT but I know on my ICTP it worked perfectly. I was able to use a 128GB USB flash drive formatted FAT32 in my F-Pace, do the ICT F-Paces have a USB slot? I read that the ICT MAPs is on a SD card unlike the ICTP that's all on the internal hard disk.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Create an account on https://jaguar.here.com
Once registered you should be able to download map updates.
You will need the VIN for your vehicle
1)Click on the My Account
2)Click on Downloads
3) Click on Download Map
Once you have the application installed, follow the instructions here https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/HA-JaguarNA-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewWebCompanion-InstallationGuide

I am not sure if its for ICT but I know on my ICTP it worked perfectly. I was able to use a 128GB USB flash drive formatted FAT32 in my F-Pace, do the ICT F-Paces have a USB slot? I read that the ICT MAPs is on a SD card unlike the ICTP that's all on the internal hard disk.
This doesn't work for the lowly Prestrige ICT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jaguar.here map update website does not work for base ICT. There are obviously differences in cost and procedure between ICT and ICTP. According to my research ICT owners have to pay for map updates as opposed to ICTP owners for whom the update is free for 5 years.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
, do the ICT F-Paces have a USB slot? I read that the ICT MAPs is on a SD card unlike the ICTP that's all on the internal hard disk.
we do have USB port but also have a Nav SD card

1 - 20 of 30 Posts