Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
looks like a software or another case of Jaguar not playing nice with non Apple products. My ICT has had some shut off issues (not that specific one) that were diagnosed as software updates. I'd make a call to your dealer and ask if there are updates.

P.S. sorry for this complaint but I can't help myself... based on moving reflections in your piano black trim it appears that you were driving while filming and messing with the screen. If that is the case, Please focus on the road as you are sharing the road with families

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
434 Posts
That was a left hand, working the screen. Either he's (A) quite the contortionist, stretching his arm across his body and over the steering wheel, holding his camera in his mouth and somehow talking around it (you can see a right hand on the steering wheel in the reflection). Or (B) he's shooting the video while someone else is driving, holding the camera phone in his right hand while leaning in from the left, perhaps to avoid a glare.

I'll go with (A). Seems a shifty Shifter2600. Claims tbe from Up North, but I didn't hear a single "ey".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My son is holding the Cam from the back seat while I talk and navigate the screen and yes with my left hand. Guess I should apply at cirque du soleil. lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shifter2600, I wanted to let you know I have the same issue on the loaner F-Pace (2018 25t ICT) that Jaguar has given me that past 12 days. I never had this issue with the ICTP that is in my F-Pace S. However there have been multiple occasions when it would listen to Bluetooth streaming music from my phone and the Bluetooth would disconnect and the radio would start playing. I know this doesn't really help but just know there is another user that feels your pain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shifter2600, I wanted to let you know I have the same issue on the loaner F-Pace (2018 25t ICT) that Jaguar has given me that past 12 days. I never had this issue with the ICTP that is in my F-Pace S. However there have been multiple occasions when it would listen to Bluetooth streaming music from my phone and the Bluetooth would disconnect and the radio would start playing. I know this doesn't really help but just know there is another user that feels your pain.
I have a Sony z5, what phone do you have? I have not completely ruled out the phone itself.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Same here with S8+ and Moto X Pure
Adding to an older thread, same issue here. I can see my signal strength and battery life on the ICTP, but can't play music using the head-unit, only on the phone and it comes out of the phone's speakers. My connection doesn't show up on the "Source" screen until I open my iPhone, Bluetooth and cycle the connection again. Even then, it drops off unexpectedly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Adding to an older thread, same issue here. I can see my signal strength and battery life on the ICTP, but can't play music using the head-unit, only on the phone and it comes out of the phone's speakers. My connection doesn't show up on the "Source" screen until I open my iPhone, Bluetooth and cycle the connection again. Even then, it drops off unexpectedly.
I've had a few bluetooth issues with my Pixel the last few weeks. The first time, the car didn't connect for some reason. The second time, the car wouldn't sync contacts. Both were resolved by re-pairing the phone - you may want to try that and see if it keeps happening (and make sure you select the options for sharing media, etc. on your phone when asked). I chalked my problems up more to bluetooth than anything; I occasionally have problems with bluetooth speakers at home that are solved by re-pairing.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've had a few bluetooth issues with my Pixel the last few weeks. The first time, the car didn't connect for some reason. The second time, the car wouldn't sync contacts. Both were resolved by re-pairing the phone - you may want to try that and see if it keeps happening (and make sure you select the options for sharing media, etc. on your phone when asked). I chalked my problems up more to bluetooth than anything; I occasionally have problems with bluetooth speakers at home that are solved by re-pairing.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. BUT, that was before the most recent iOS update 11.2.5. Having said that, great suggestion, I'll give another try - Thanks!;)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Okay, so now after deleting the paired phone, shutting everything off and re-starting everything (phone & car) it will not connect successfully with the car. My Apple watch connects with the phone immediately and stays connected. Something I noticed during this process is that when it tries to connect it shows a phone and music symbol. Then the music symbol disappears and the phone picture is only depicted. It connects for a second and I get the fail connection message - Ugh!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Okay, so now after deleting the paired phone, shutting everything off and re-starting everything (phone & car) it will not connect successfully with the car. My Apple watch connects with the phone immediately and stays connected. Something I noticed during this process is that when it tries to connect it shows a phone and music symbol. Then the music symbol disappears and the phone picture is only depicted. It connects for a second and I get the fail connection message - Ugh!
Yeah. Mine eventually got to the point where I couldn't connect any devices. Apple/Android whatever. Nothing would connect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue, both my Essential phone on Android Nougat and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S5 both connect to bluetooth on our ICT, but once the music starts playing may randomly kick off bluetooth and play the radio. Sometimes will stay on fine, often I'm kicked off after a minute or two. Took it into Grand Touring Automobiles in Toronto, they say they had an update to fix it, but once I picked up my car, they said there actually wasn't an update, but that hopefully the upcoming February update will address it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the same issue, both my Essential phone on Android Nougat and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S5 both connect to bluetooth on our ICT, but once the music starts playing may randomly kick off bluetooth and play the radio. Sometimes will stay on fine, often I'm kicked off after a minute or two. Took it into Grand Touring Automobiles in Toronto, they say they had an update to fix it, but once I picked up my car, they said there actually wasn't an update, but that hopefully the upcoming February update will address it.
I sure hope your service guys are right, I've just about had with all the ICTP issues.:mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got an "upgrade" to my ICT. Now, my satellite radio doesn't freeze up, but the blue tooth connection to my Pixel 2 drops in and out during phone calls.

Have tried deleting, re-pairing, rebooting the phone. Nothing has seemed to help.

Very frustrating.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts