Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Dig my black wheels? I was debating about them for a while!

There's many here who don't like black wheels but personally I will always pick black wheels from here on out. I don't think there's a lot of people liking chrome much anymore, it's too garish so it seems like black has become the new chrome. If you don't like either then you get the polished aluminum that's on so many stock wheels now. Then there's painted ones, which I'm not a fan of on most cars but I really like the painted silver ones on my XK - it just depends on your taste and the car. We have the roughly same red and black painted wheels on our FPace - my wife won't have any other color. :x

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
when I went to the dealer in 2017 to look at the F-PACE I originally thought green because with Jaguar how can you go wrong with BRG but then when I saw it on the lot I was disappointed. I've seen a few red ones in the wild they look quite nice at highway speed :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought the metallic white and love it! However if I had a ”do over” and they still had it, I think I would have gotten the odyssey red. It is really a deep rich burgundy. With a color that rich and dark, cooled seats are a must in Florida.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The old traditional BRG is nothing like the new color they use now, and when I first saw it a couple of years ago I was crushed because that's what I would have specced. I got the Quartzite, which is awesome.

Having said that, if I get paint damage, the dealership/sprayshops don't even have that color available for respraying, so whatever color you pick, make sure they stock it in the sprayshop.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The old traditional BRG is nothing like the new color they use now, and when I first saw it a couple of years ago I was crushed because that's what I would have specced. I got the Quartzite, which is awesome.

Having said that, if I get paint damage, the dealership/sprayshops don't even have that color available for respraying, so whatever color you pick, make sure they stock it in the sprayshop.
I wonder if Odyssey Red is in the same boat??

·
Registered
518 Posts
I got the BRG and absolutely love it. I, like all of you I'm sure, get complimented on the F-Pace vehicle, mostly the colour.
Interestingly this past summer an older late 70s XJ pulled up beside me and we actually spoke/ compared outside of a Timmy's. Although the colours are not the same, they were very similar. As a hobby painter on the side, it seemed to me like a less evolved paint. It's fair to say his green was more grass/hunter green, whereas mine was objectively darker, having more brownish undertones.
Having said that, I have always loved the Odyssey Red, if that was a choice when I purchased I would have chosen that. I personally find it beautiful with black accents.
Here is his model car (I didn't take a pic) with my F-Pace.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome to the IRR club!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Love the color with the black wheels. Looks awesome, welcome to the forum and F-Pace ownership. I think you'd be happy with any color.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts