Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,818 Posts
Gorgon,

I'm so sorry this happened to you! LOL. NOT. The very special color Ammonite may be able to get painted on an SVR. As you know I loved my 2017 S but when they announced the first SVR I put my money down sight unseen and fell in love on the first drive. So much so that I bought another one and now have a 21 SVR. They did a bit to refine the model with the 21 and later builds. You didn't say what you would be doing, but your 2017 is getting older. I don't think you drive it a lot right? The SVR would be perfect for you.

Reactions: uncheel and PBGas

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could have been worse - you could have tried a F-Type.
Well, that's part of my challenge. Do I spend the $$ trading my F-Pace S to an F-Pace SVR, or do I spend that money on a well maintained F-Type R and park that next to the F-Pace S. I'm leaning towards the F-Type but haven't driven one yet.

· Registered
73 Posts
Well, that's part of my challenge. Do I spend the $$ trading my F-Pace S to an F-Pace SVR, or do I spend that money on a well maintained F-Type R and park that next to the F-Pace S. I'm leaning towards the F-Type but haven't driven one yet.
I was thinking the same, but my thought was to grab what may be one of the last V8s made as my do-it-all-in-one daily driver. Can always add that used F-Type later. Hope that helps in your struggle to make a decision.

Reactions: PBGas

· Registered
2,818 Posts
Gorgon,

If the decision is do I have an F-Pace SVR and that's it, vs a F-Pace S in Ammonite and a F-Type R, I think I'd have to vote for the later. I happen to have both the FP SVR and an F-Type which isn't an R but a P450. And while I would clearly say the F-Pace SVR is awesome and having it and a V8 F-Type is over the top fun. Having an R F-Type and keeping your Ammonite F-Pace would probably be the better approach for you and it would get my vote!

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The SVR is a great machine and the soundtrack is absolutely amazing. But I could feel the extra 400 lbs on the onramp to the highway, the S feels more nimble (as much as 4100 lbs can feel nimble :) ) but lacks the power and soundtrack of the SVR. Now to test drive an F-Type R and be patient as the prices continue to drop and I could probably get a clean 2019/2020 in the older (better) design with ICTP.

· Registered
21 F-pace SVR
149 Posts
I’m kinda surprised that u could feel the extra 400 lbs comment. The SVR feels incredibly nimble and well balanced to its weight and powertrain. I can’t imagine you would feel it’s heft over an S model! The supercharged V8 should more than make up for any weight difference over a turbo 6 IMO. Perhaps you really just want the F-Type and are trying to convince yourself?!! ;)

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd have to drive it again, but it felt like it understeered just a bit on the same onramp compared to the S. It was one thing that stood out for a second, but otherwise it's an outstanding machine. I was busy giggling at the soundtrack. :)

· Registered
2,818 Posts
I'm still kicking my self in the butt for not getting the R when we ordered the 23 F-Type a little over a year ago. The P450 is an awesome car, well balanced and more than enough HP for my wife to drive as her daily. For some reason, I didn't think you could get AWD in the R after we ordered the P450. My wife wanted AWD because she clearly uses the car in the winter and we live in Pa. While we haven't had much of a winter since she got it. After placing the order, I researched it a bit and you clearly can get an R with AWD and we thought about changing it, but figured we really only needed one 500 plus car. LOL.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm still kicking my self in the butt for not getting the R when we ordered the 23 F-Type a little over a year ago. The P450 is an awesome car, well balanced and more than enough HP for my wife to drive as her daily. For some reason, I didn't think you could get AWD in the R after we ordered the P450. My wife wanted AWD because she clearly uses the car in the winter and we live in Pa. While we haven't had much of a winter since she got it. After placing the order, I researched it a bit and you clearly can get an R with AWD and we thought about changing it, but figured we really only needed one 500 plus car. LOL.
The F-Type R is only available in awd since 2016. I am lucky enough to have a 20 F-Pace SVR and a 2014 F-Type V8 S. Totally different animals but the two cars that have put the biggest smile on my face I have ever owned. You can put a tune on that P450 and easily get it to 600 hp with no changes or there than a exit tune.

ECU tune. Sorry spellcheck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts