Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I popped a check engine light and decided to pick up an OBD2 scanner to see what it was, ended up being an 02 sensor circuit PO162 and 02 sensor heater resistance P0061. I was able to clear the faults and the car has gone through several start-ups since and remains sans light although it's too early in the game to call it a spurious fault. It did set a permant fault so the dealer can have a look at it when I'm in next time. So that's about it, I've seen a few asks on OBD2 scanners on here before so I'm getting this data point out for what it's worth.

https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-426...94621110&sr=8-1&keywords=obdlink+mx+bluetooth

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Had one for years... it is a cheap ( Well at least now they are...) and invaluable tool to read,clear, record and research codes thrown....
Has anyone published or found a factory list of codes and appx meanings for JAG?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Reactions: stbentoak and Rob M

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a dongle scanner but they wanted some ching to update it and I wanted to go bluetooth, been hearing good things about it and I figured I may as well give it a go. Not nearly enough time to make a call on this unit but I like the bluetooth, I can have it feeding out data to my phone which is mounted in it's holder right where I can see it. It found the right protocols in about 10 seconds for communications and did it's thing without drama, has a lookup feature with all the jag fault codes and took me right there. Too soon to call this one way or another but it seems like a decent unit. Had 700ish reviews for four and a half stars on amazon and people are notorious for burning tech items in the reviews when they didn't even know how to use them and there was nothing wrong with the item. I've so far got a good feeling about this unit but in fairness it's twice what you can get an el cheapo for and I've had good luck with el cheapo's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not related to the scanner but I did have similar issue on my car. The check engine light came on for a week and it went away. The second occurrence just happen like a week ago. I note the check engine light came on after I fill my gas at Costco, I put premium fuel only. I think it the F-Pace is sensitive on the fuel. The check engine light went away after I refill the gas, this time I fill my gas at Shell and half of the tank goes by the check engine light went away. The funny thing I wait a few days before I make an appointment at my dealership to check it out but every time the check engine will goes away after I made an appointment at the dealership.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not related to the scanner but I did have similar issue on my car. The check engine light came on for a week and it went away. The second occurrence just happen like a week ago. I note the check engine light came on after I fill my gas at Costco, I put premium fuel only. I think it the F-Pace is sensitive on the fuel. The check engine light went away after I refill the gas, this time I fill my gas at Shell and half of the tank goes by the check engine light went away. The funny thing I wait a few days before I make an appointment at my dealership to check it out but every time the check engine will goes away after I made an appointment at the dealership.
Chances are good the codes are stored, you can quickly determine this with a scanner. Faults like you describe are usually either loose gas cap or you've been punted to the low octane tables due to detonation sensors detecting knock. Either way cars often will reset the faults after fill up.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

My wife's Infiniti was premium only, and if you even put mid grade in it...it would throw a CEL. When you refilled with premium it would cancel out....CRAZY! So it's not unheard of !! Burns me up to pay +.60-.80 here for Premium.... 20D and 40 MPG here we come !:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts