Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jaguar I-Pace is Drop Dead Sexy in Photon Red

I-PaceForum.com - The Largest Jaguar I-Pace Forum And Community!

The Jaguar I-Pace concept will debut in a striking Photon Red shade at the 2017 Geneva International Motor Show later this month.

The concept, which will debut in production form later this year before going on sale in early 2018, was first shown in a muted silver exterior color at the 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show. The automaker has already received 350 preorders for the fully electric crossover, barely a drop in the bucket compared to the 373,000 Tesla received for its Model 3 sedan, but still a positive sign for Jag.

Powering the I-Pace will be a pair of electric motors that together produce 395 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque and a 90-kWh lithium ion battery. Jaguar claims the crossover can sprint to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.0 seconds and achieve a maximum range of around 300 miles. A 50-kW direct current (DC) charging port can charge the battery to 80 percent of its range in 90 minutes and to 100 percent in a little over two hours.

The I-Pace boasts an all-new aluminum platform that utilizes the same double-wishbone front suspension and the integral link rear suspension as the F-Pace. The lithium-ion battery pack is located low and between the front axles, ensuring a low center of gravity and near 50/50 weight distribution. According to chief engineer of vehicle integrity at Jaguar-Land Rover, Mike Cross, the I-Pace is a 'true Jaguar,' and will be 'the first electric vehicle developed for enthusiasts who love driving.'

Jaguar says the production I-Pace will cost about 10 to 15 percent more than the F-Pace, which starts at $41,990 in the U.S.
Read more about the Jaguar I-Pace is Drop Dead Sexy in Photon Red at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Really like the looks of this vehicle. Can't wait to see some pricing/options when it gets closer to production.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think it looks bad. But to each his own.

The new RR Velar much prettier.

·
Registered
254 Posts
They'll have to pry the internal combustion engine from my cold dead hands!!! >:)

I'll own a plug in just as soon as it's the ONLY vehicle available!

Kerry

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Wheels are the only thing I like about this. Looks to much like a wagon or hatchback to me. Way to low. Me no likey

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
I like the look but, as others have notes, I'd definitely wait for year two or three on that one if I decided to go electric. Also electric's enviro benefits super dependent on where your region's power comes from. By the time I'm ready for all electric I'm hoping Colorado region has transitioned mostly to natgas generation on the way to mostly renewable.

OT side note, I was pleasantly shocked in reading the Berkshire annual report that Berkshire's Mid American energy has Iowa up to something like 56% wind generated on the way to 100% by mid 2020's. All while keeping per kilowatt customer costs well below US average.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ditto what Kerry said...

Leave the electrics to the Chevy Volts and Tesla's...This is NOT a Jaguar, Not for me..

·
Registered
458 Posts
I am not too concerned about that vehicle is electric but the size of the vehicle. I just cannot envision certain car bands providing compact vehicles. Volvo S30 for example. Good looking vehicle in pictures but not as sexy on the lot. Even all the versions of Volvo 60 models seem just slightly too small to me. Cadillac could not sell Cimarrons to stick for longer runs. It does not mean I would never consider compact car. Just certain brands and compact cars don't go together.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
e
Do those considering an FP now wait for the IP. When my first FP lease is up do I know move to the IP.
Personally, I don't think I could drive a Jaguar that doesn't have an engine exhaust sound.

I don't care how nice it looks :)

Reactions: DPK and StormGrey

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Oh, I dont think the I-pace will steal sales from the F-pace at all. If the production model resembles the concept at all the I-pace will be significantly smaller and I dont think someone shopping for a petrol SUV would all of a sudden switch over to an all electric model. Could be wrong but I dont see it happening, I see it stealing sales from Tesla for sure, but not its petrol brother (f-pace).

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
e

Personally, I don't think I could drive a Jaguar that doesn't have an engine exhaust sound.

I don't care how nice it looks :)
I couldn't have said it better;)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Honestly? I love it. For the typical short driving I do around the streets of Philadelphia an electric would be a better choice. And with a 220+ mile range it would suite 99% of my driving needs. I'll reserve judgement until the reveal of the production vehicle next week but I really like what I've seen so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just saw photo of I Pace and boy what a beauty!! What's the take on this electrified girl?

The drawback would be missing the exhaust noise from my Quicksilver noise makers.

My current F Pace is only used as a fun to drive car.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mentioned in another I-Pace thread, but I LOVE it! Waiting to see the reveal next week. Also curious how this will be priced. I feel that an all-electric would be better for the typical driving I do on the streets of Philly, typically short runs that can't be the best for a gas engine. The 220+ mile range would satisfy 99% of my driving needs.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts