Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hit 72,000 miles which was 12 months after the last freebee. I didn't take pics, but... There's a tube in the middle of oil fill area that you can pump the oil out from the pan. I had a $20 pump that connects to the battery I use on my boat so I connected it and up comes 7 quarts of oil. The filter is a $6 cartridge accessed from under the hood (under the supercharger cover). The whole change was $25+/- and 15 minutes. The stealership quoted $250 and the local European auto service shop was $155. BTW this was on a 2017 3.0L.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The biggest nut to crack on this is getting the approved correct oil. Both for my 20D and my P400 the only place available is the dealer. 7 qts min @ 12.00 a qt min. P400 holds 10 quarts ! But I do agree that it can be a very easy process...Done it many times with a vacuum pump.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The biggest nut to crack on this is getting the approved correct oil. Both for my 20D and my P400 the only place available is the dealer. 7 qts min @ 12.00 a qt min. P400 holds 10 quarts ! But I do agree that it can be a very easy process...Done it many times with a vacuum pump.
Nothing fancy needed with the left over Forduar (Jaguford?) V6 :). I purchased the 0W-20 oil at Costco and Amazon delivered the filter.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I'm a big fan of Costco oil and use it regularly wherever applicable in outdoor power equipment and my Kids cars... Never had an issue. A real bargain...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just hit 72,000 miles which was 12 months after the last freebee. I didn't take pics, but... There's a tube in the middle of oil fill area that you can pump the oil out from the pan. I had a $20 pump that connects to the battery I use on my boat so I connected it and up comes 7 quarts of oil. The filter is a $6 cartridge accessed from under the hood (under the supercharger cover). The whole change was $25+/- and 15 minutes. The stealership quoted $250 and the local European auto service shop was $155. BTW this was on a 2017 3.0L.
Hey Shaguar, I just purchased a used 2017 F-pace 35t.
I appreciate the info, but was curious on the size of the of the filter wrench? Is it 90mm?

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts