Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

New Member here. I've been following these forums since 2017 and I've done so much research about the F-Pace and knew exactly what I wanted, but the price was too much in comparison of what I'd get comparing to other competitors because I was having my eyes on the F-Pace S with all the features. I was this close owning one but I got a call from a friend telling me I can get a Porsche Cayenne with a $20,000 discount since the new 2018 design is coming very soon and there's less demand on the older (2017) Cayennes. I grabbed the offer fast and honestly this car is amazing it has full red leather cabin (no scratchy plastic) 360 camera, dead angle assist and all the other standard features. The car is amazing and for the price (much cheaper than the Jaguar F-Pace S).

HOWEVER, every time I look at an F-Pace and just keep looking at it. Every time one F-Pace passes I tell my wife "Look how beautiful this car is!"... it's like, your crazy ex who you truly loved, you just can't keep thinking about her. My wife hates Jaguar and hates SUVs even more.. but because of my continuous admiration... guess what? She got an E-Pace...

So, why am I posting this?
I'm planning to either a) get an SVR or b) wait until F-Pace S changes the gear to a normal one because of my pet-peeves was how the gear was odd. I'm not a fan of the circular thing.

My question is; is there any news that F-Pace S will go with regular gear for the next revamp? (just like SVR)
Because the E-PACE gear is much better than regular F-PACE.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome Raven. I have no insider knowledge of whether the dial will remain after the 2021 revamp but I can tell you that the F-Pace S is awesome and, I am sure, the SVR is more awesome than that but totally pointless in South Florida where I live. If only there were some decent driver roads, or even a small hill to drive on..... The discussion on the revamp suggested that some hybrid power unit might be added and if they do that then dropping the dial wouldn't be a particularly big deal so maybe you could be in luck.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The 2020 XE has the "Sportshift Gear Selector", so I would wager the updated F-Pace next year will also have it.

Reactions: Raven and EagleJag

·
Registered
295 Posts
Congrats on the cayenne, 20k off is pretty amazing! though that upfront savings is going to deplete over time. Doesn’t Porsche only cover the first maintenance? Also Jags are 0% apr for both purchase and lease - though lease side takes a little more work.
Which trim level did you go for, S or GTS?
I definitely considered Porsche, mostly the Macan, but had the opposite experience, optioned out it was cheaper to get a fully loaded S than a similar Macan S, let alone GTS or turbo.
When I got my SVR the situation hadn’t changed, and the SVR looks and sounds soooo good and unique in a field packed with turbo 6 engines. 0%, 5k off msrp, 5yrs maintenance.
and yes, that stupid hockey puck shifter needs to go away. The sport shift is 1000x better. Some spy shots have been coming out with the 2021 F-Pace redesign. Keep an eye open for any that show the interior, you may be able to spot the shifter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the cayenne, 20k off is pretty amazing! though that upfront savings is going to deplete over time. Doesn’t Porsche only cover the first maintenance? Also Jags are 0% apr for both purchase and lease - though lease side takes a little more work.
Which trim level did you go for, S or GTS?
I definitely considered Porsche, mostly the Macan, but had the opposite experience, optioned out it was cheaper to get a fully loaded S than a similar Macan S, let alone GTS or turbo.
When I got my SVR the situation hadn’t changed, and the SVR looks and sounds soooo good and unique in a field packed with turbo 6 engines. 0%, 5k off msrp, 5yrs maintenance.
and yes, that stupid hockey puck shifter needs to go away. The sport shift is 1000x better. Some spy shots have been coming out with the 2021 F-Pace redesign. Keep an eye open for any that show the interior, you may be able to spot the shifter
I got the Platinum Edition; Red Leather trim, 21 inch rims and all the features I've explained. Honestly, it was an amazing deal and the Car looks stunning from the inside (much better than the F-Pace sadly because it is fully covered with red leather). I agree with you, I'm paying between $1,000 to $2,000 a year on services which Jaguar gave me an offer of 5 years free service and the maintenance was for three years only then I have to pay for it while for Jaguar it was five years.

Many people advised me against the Jaguar they say it's unreliable and that I would end up with many issues in the long run while Porsche is more reliable. I don't know if this is 100% accurate today; I'm observing my wife's E-Pace will see how things goes with her car for the coming year. So far so good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts