1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
121 Posts
View attachment 74608
View attachment 74606
View attachment 74607
I just used HyperDip to change my badges from the stock chrome. I think it turned out really well! I chose the stealth grey color, which actually matches the SVR lower body cladding, hood vents, etc. almost perfectly. I actually like it better than black since it's more subtle.
That looks awesome! Did u have to remove them to do it? Any chance of a link to the product/color you used?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks awesome! Did u have to remove them to do it? Any chance of a link to the product/color you used?
no it's just an aerosol spray. takes a while with multiple coats but worked pretty well. a bit of a learning curve.. next time I do it I'll be a lot better. but supposedly will last 2-3 years. there's some good videos on YouTube for the product. here's a link. the color was stealth grey.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
121 Posts
no it's just an aerosol spray. takes a while with multiple coats but worked pretty well. a bit of a learning curve.. next time I do it I'll be a lot better. but supposedly will last 2-3 years. there's some good videos on YouTube for the product. here's a link. the color was stealth grey.

Amazing! Anything specific you would do differently in applying next time? Thanks Matt!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amazing! Anything specific you would do differently in applying next time? Thanks Matt!
it's easy to spray on too much, so you have to be careful. also, the Jaguar and F-Pace lettering is pretty skinny so it's a bit more challenging to get a nice even coat. lastly, when peeling off the excess, the skinny letters again make it difficult. the YouTube video from DipYourCar specifically for the emblems/badges goes over the process really well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
View attachment 74608
View attachment 74606
View attachment 74607
I just used HyperDip to change my badges from the stock chrome. I think it turned out really well! I chose the stealth grey color, which actually matches the SVR lower body cladding, hood vents, etc. almost perfectly. I actually like it better than black since it's more subtle.
I'm in!

Eiger Grey as well, looks, as the kids say these days, "FIRE!".

To be sure, they list only one "Stealth Grey (Gloss)", is this what you used? (looks more matte than glossy to me...) . Regardless, FIRE!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in!

Eiger Grey as well, looks, as the kids say these days, "FIRE!".

To be sure, they list only one "Stealth Grey (Gloss)", is this what you used? (looks more matte than glossy to me...) . Regardless, FIRE!
yes, it's the stealth grey (gloss). there is definitely some shine to it, but not like a clear coat. honestly, the best way to describe it is it's like the cladding, vents, etc. on our SVRs. when applying it looks almost identical to the Eiger grey, but it's actually a shade or two darker.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I like it. I'll have to look at doing that with mine for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts