Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new baby on Saturday in Dallas and drove her back home to Houston. She's a beauty, and I love driving her. She is not 100% what I would have built (I wanted Brogue interior), but I did not want to wait.

I started this car buying adventure looking at X5, Q7, and RRS. I wasn't even looking at the F-PACE, but I saw one in person at the Jaguar/Land Rover dealership, and there was no going back. Thank goodness for dumb luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Welcome! It's beaut-e-ful!

Reactions: nicmcv

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Just picked up my new baby on Saturday in Dallas and drove her back home to Houston. She's a beauty, and I love driving her. She is not 100% what I would have built (I wanted Brogue interior), but I did not want to wait.

I started this car buying adventure looking at X5, Q7, and RRS. I wasn't even looking at the F-PACE, but I saw one in person at the Jaguar/Land Rover dealership, and there was no going back. Thank goodness for dumb luck.
Looks exactly like mine, except I had the black wheels painted silver. But yours is identical to mine when I picked it up. Welcome to the very exclusive F-pace club, and the even more exclusive Ultimate black metallic F-pace club (not sure if thats the metallic paint or not) :D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Howdy neighbor...I think you love it even more tomorrow...now wipe that grin off your face;)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
*CONGRATULATIONS* nicmcv !!! She is a BEAUTY !!! Your first impression of the F-Pace while car shopping , was the same as mine , *Love At First Sight* !!! ENJOY !!! :)
BTW , I think there is someone around here that is going to want to have a word with you !
*Lug Nuts* !!! ;)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
nicmcv...Was Brad in Plano you sales dude?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Enjoy the ride:)

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Enjoy the ride:)
MTHM , are you SURE , that is ALL you would like to say to nicmcv ??? ;) >:) :)

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
salesman

nicmcv...Was Brad in Plano you sales dude?
Sorry for the delay - I've been off the grid for a while.

No, Paul was my sales guy. He was exactly the type of salesperson I like (he answered the questions I asked quickly and without a lot of salesperson-speak), so we will definitely go back to him for our next Jaguar (which I hope is an F-TYPE). :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats and enjoy in good health.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wowza! What a great looking car, and you did not have to wait! Enjoy the beast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
nicmcv- From what part of Houston do hail? I'm in Huffman. Have had my new F-Pace for a month now and have not seen another one on the road.

BTW: have only dealt with the Service Dept once, but I'd recommend Jaguar/Land Rover Houston North (I-45 North) for service if you're anywhere close.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey there! I'm in The Woodlands, and I hadn't seen too many others until about a month ago. Now I've seen white, silver, green, and another black. Eek - I liked being unique!

Thanks for the service recommendation. I will certainly be using them as they are close to me. I didn't have luck trying to buy there, but I think that's more due to the specifics of what I wanted.

Happy Motoring - I am at almost 5000 miles already!

nicmcv- From what part of Houston do hail? I'm in Huffman. Have had my new F-Pace for a month now and have not seen another one on the road.

BTW: have only dealt with the Service Dept once, but I'd recommend Jaguar/Land Rover Houston North (I-45 North) for service if you're anywhere close.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Like mine. May I asked why did U get in from Dallas? Better deal I suppose?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Agreed with Darden. Those people at North treated u better than the ones from Central and Southwest. Though they are all same company (Sonic). Happened to me when purchasing my FPS last weekend. Urgh!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like mine. May I asked why did U get in from Dallas? Better deal I suppose?
It was not really price (although they did deal). It was a specific combination of features that I wanted. The dealer here didn't seem to want to look for anything. They would just say 'Hey, we've got a new one in' and send me an email or call. Nothing even close to what I wanted, so I got tired of it. I compared it to a vegetarian asking for food, and all they would offer was a big steak. "But it's food!" And for the record, I'm a carnivore and would have taken the steak.

I started looking elsewhere for what I wanted and found almost an exact match in Big D. I did give the dealer here a chance to either get that car here or find something similar, but they did nothing (over two weeks of me not contacting the dealer in Dallas after finding my car to give the dealer here a chance). So, I really felt I had no choice but to buy there.

And one other annoyance of this car buying process here was that I explicitly asked them to email me information and not call me. I repeatedly asked this every call I got. I probably received 20 phone calls from them - some in reply to an email from me. I like things in writing, and i don't have time to talk on the phone.

Reactions: blackkitty
1 - 20 of 20 Posts