Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Considering the F-Pace model was released just 1-2 years ago and it doesn't have any long-term performance/reliability history, how well do you think our felines will age?

Will they get rattly, will plastic components, electronics start to break?

Will the engine fully 'mature' at 40-60k miles and continue providing a nice solid smooth ride?

Will the Brits continue providing software updates for years to come?

This is my first Jag (switched from Audi) and so I'd be curious to hear comments from long-time Jag owners about how well their felines have aged.

For my personal comparison, my Audi A3 is now 10-years old and it's still solid as a rock. I hope to get the same, if not better, long-term reliability / performance from Jag if I choose to keep the kitten for several years.

Regards.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought a first model year Land Rover LR2 in 2007 (2008 MY), it was built in Jag's Halewood factory alongside the X-type and it aged remarkably well. A few minor warranty repairs and minor DIY stuff after the warranty ended. I was definitely pleased at how well the car aged. Very solid until the day I sold it last summer with almost 80k miles. Mind you, I take excellent care of my cars with regular maintenance and detailing.

The F-Paces are built alongside the Range Rover Sport at Land Rover's Sullihull factory. In my experience, Land Rovers hold up well for those who look after them. If you just want to get in, drive and ignore it, get a Honda or a Toyota. I think the overall structure will hold up well, the drive train should be relatively bulletproof. The supercharged V6 has been in JLR products for years and seems pretty stout with regular maintenance. I'm a little concerned about smaller items here and there on the car, but it seems pretty well put together for what it is. Keeping my fingers crossed it continues to hold up well.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I've been a Jag owner since 2003 with the first being an X-type, it was followed in 2012 with my XF and now the F-Pace..You can do the Math..But bottom line is, Diligent Preventive Maintenance will keep this brand running long and strong.

Reactions: JagFPace1

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
For me - and this is my third Jaguar - my 2005 XKR, which I still have, was seemingly bullteproof at first. Then the problems started showing up around 60K miles. Suspension parts, motor mount, window regulator, rear hub, numerous electrical gremlins... I was actually surprised at the suspension and motor mount going so quickly. The electrical problems seemed to plague the brand while it was owned by Ford. I still have some to sort through - steering column, power headrests - but those I can live with. Again, under a different corporate ownership, so not the best comparison, but you asked. Probably get better feedback from those who have owned post 2008 models under Tata.

·
Registered
286 Posts
For me - and this is my third Jaguar - my 2005 XKR, which I still have, was seemingly bullteproof at first. Then the problems started showing up around 60K miles. Suspension parts, motor mount, window regulator, rear hub, numerous electrical gremlins... I was actually surprised at the suspension and motor mount going so quickly. The electrical problems seemed to plague the brand while it was owned by Ford. I still have some to sort through - steering column, power headrests - but those I can live with. Again, under a different corporate ownership, so not the best comparison, but you asked. Probably get better feedback from those who have owned post 2008 models under Tata.
OT. It love the black panther

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
OT. It love the black panther
So...

The Panther (also commonly known as the Black Panther) is a large member of the Big Cat family, native to Asia, Africa and the Americas.The Panther is not a distinct species itself but is the general name used to refer to any black colored feline of the Big Cat family, most notably Leopards and Jaguars... In the Americas they are black Jaguars;)

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
So...

The Panther (also commonly known as the Black Panther) is a large member of the Big Cat family, native to Asia, Africa and the Americas.The Panther is not a distinct species itself but is the general name used to refer to any black colored feline of the Big Cat family, most notably Leopards and Jaguars... In the Americas they are black Jaguars;)
I thought of it as a Jaguar Crossing, only the silhouette. A friend traveling in India posted the picture, I liked it, and thus stole it for my own use.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Then the problems started showing up around 60K miles.
Hmmm ??? Maybe that explains the *5-year* *60K mile warranty* !!! >:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not yet at 60K, but my R Sport odometer rolled through 20,000 miles yesterday. Running great and still getting thumbs up from admirers. there are minor imperfections with some of the technology, but fundamentally its been a terrific ride. I've crossed the continent, Washington to Florida and back, towed a boat, been off road, and been up to 115 mph (not all at the same time). I do love my F Pace.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I'm not yet at 60K, but my R Sport odometer rolled through 20,000 miles yesterday. Running great and still getting thumbs up from admirers. there are minor imperfections with some of the technology, but fundamentally its been a terrific ride. I've crossed the continent, Washington to Florida and back, towed a boat, been off road, and been up to 115 mph (not all at the same time). I do love my F Pace.
Hey whaler , it DEFINITELY sounds like YOUR F-Pace ain't no *Garage Queen* !!! >:)

That is an impressive list of milestones and adventures for YOU and your *F-PACE* !!! ;)

*CONGRATULATIONS* !!! :)

P.S. I have to admit , "towing a boat off road at 115-mph from Washington to Florida" , might have upped the *WOWWWWWW FACTOR* , just a little bit !!! :eek: 0:) :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Nice to see a positive post in a sea of negative/ chronically problematic/reoccurring/not caught at PDI/one time but scary occurrences/etc.....

I'm still going to assume there are thousands of F Pace owners out there that.... A. Aren't having any problems at all... B. Don't know about this website...or C. Have been satisfied with their dealer enough, either initially or upon other service visits that they don't need to get on here and crab.....

Lets hope there is a huge and silent happy majority out there....>:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts