Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm not sure what "dummy grille" you're referring to, but the answer is most likely "yes" regardless of which grille you want to remove.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I wonder what 'dummy grille' means..? :confused:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I wonder what 'dummy grille' means..?
Is that like a cow catcher but for pedestrians?
On my diesel the driver's side "grill" panel is solid and does not pass any air through. I'd call that a dummy grill...

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Is that like a cow catcher but for pedestrians?
On my diesel the driver's side "grill" panel is solid and does not pass any air through. I'd call that a dummy grill...
Oh so like a fake air intake? Maybe thats what he means

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dummy cause it serves no purpose other than nice looks? I guess the Fpace would look weird without its dummy grille..

·
Registered
589 Posts
I want to paint "dummy grille" at gloss black.
That's interesting. My diesel has a radiator behind that (actual) grill. The other side has a blanked grill. Can't help with the removal question, but there was another thread discussing how to remove a horizontal piece which is in front of that grill on some models; perhaps that would have some discussion of how it is held in place?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
sorry...

I want to paint "dummy grille" at gloss black.
You might want to PM *theRAMSTA* , as he had posted a while back , photos of his *entire front-end* removed (from below the bumper up to the hood) , that he had done himself , and it was all just one continual piece ! He did this so he could mount a *Tube Light* behind the main Grille !

edit : I just found the photo he posted , here it is !

Reactions: TLockhart
1 - 10 of 10 Posts