Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,895 Posts
No. The POI's are part of the mapping software. You can add a POI from within the program.

·
Super Moderator
1,895 Posts
And is it possible to activate speed cams for whole Europe? Now only the Netherlands.
Since there are no speed cams in my area of the US I doubt that speed cams are noted in any US version. I think you would have to rely on another program or a radar detector for that information.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Is it possible to put a new POI by usb in the navigation of the F-pace?
Yes, this is possible. If you go to https://jaguar.here.com and have an account that is tied to your vehicle you can download updated maps and install via USB. It should also state the length of time for your subscriptions service to access updated maps. Should be 5 years from date of vehicle purchase.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
So, I know I should do a search on this, and it is a bit off topic, but ... because of this thread, I registered with the HERE Jagaur route planning site, verified email, and logged in. I am trying to add a vehicle, and it keeps coming up with an error stating I have an invalid VIN. I know the VIN is correct, cross-referenced with my insurance, and did a search on it and found it listed in a cached website from my dealer, and even triple checked against the VIN on my incontrol ap on my iPhone. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,895 Posts
Yes, this is possible. If you go to https://jaguar.here.com and have an account that is tied to your vehicle you can download updated maps and install via USB. It should also state the length of time for your subscriptions service to access updated maps. Should be 5 years from date of vehicle purchase.
Yes you have 5 years of map downloads but I think the question is can the end user add POI's and I think the answer to that is no. New POI's get added by HERE. I'm sure that is part of their revenue stream.

So, I know I should do a search on this, and it is a bit off topic, but ... because of this thread, I registered with the HERE Jagaur route planning site, verified email, and logged in. I am trying to add a vehicle, and it keeps coming up with an error stating I have an invalid VIN. I know the VIN is correct, cross-referenced with my insurance, and did a search on it and found it listed in a cached website from my dealer, and even triple checked against the VIN on my incontrol ap on my iPhone. Thoughts?
You should go out to your car and look at the VIN through the windshield .There might be and I that is a 1 or a 0 that is an O. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
You should go out to your car and look at the VIN through the windshield .There might be and I that is a 1 or a 0 that is an O. Just a thought.
Thanks, now that I am home, will pull the title.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yes you have 5 years of map downloads but I think the question is can the end user add POI's and I think the answer to that is no. New POI's get added by HERE. I'm sure that is part of their revenue stream.
I assume the map database, which is supplied by HERE, includes an updated list of POI for offline search. The only difference between the system in the Jag and previous systems I've owned was that the database was supplied via a special DVD that stayed in the navigation system. This DVD included maps and POI.

The database is updated 4 times a year and the end user can install them via USB. If POI are not included in the updated map database then where would that update come from?

·
Super Moderator
1,895 Posts
POI's are updated with the mapping software. If someone does not submit info to HERE about a POI it probably won't get updated. It is the same with Google Maps. If a place of business or other area of interest does not register with Google the POI will not show up when you zoom in on a local (area) map.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FYI I also tried to register for map updates, using my VIN (correct and double checked) and got the same error message of invalid VIN. Anyone have any luck registering their FPace VIN for map updates?

·
Super Moderator
1,895 Posts
Yes and it said there were no new updates available. Here is the latest version of the map software that is available. You have to register your vehicle using the link provided above by @Gorgon.

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes and it said there were no new updates available. Here is the latest version of the map software that is available. You have to register your vehicle using the link provided above by @Gorgon .
I updated my map version this evening. The website download to a USB fob took the most time. The NAV map update vai the USB fob in the FP < 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I updated my map version this evening. The website download to a USB fob took the most time. The NAV map update vai the USB fob in the FP < 10 minutes.
I have a USB 3.0 fob being delivered tomorrow and will probably update mine over the weekend. It's nice that the maps are updated quarterly but I doubt there's really much reason to update at that frequency. But I'll do it anyway. ;)

Reactions: RoonieQ

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
I have a USB 3.0 fob being delivered tomorrow and will probably update mine over the weekend. It's nice that the maps are updated quarterly but I doubt there's really much reason to update at that frequency. But I'll do it anyway. ;)
Come to Denver, they could update weekly and it wouldn't be enough given the changes happening here.

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had the same issue. Firstly, I attempted to use my iCloud email address. The system did not recognize it. I substituted my gmail address and, only with help from the tech professional at the dealership, was able to make the connection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts