Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - '22 F-Pace SVR and was told the activity key (ordered after purchase) was compatible with keyless entry and the extra module was no longer needed for these newer models.

Can someone confirm this? I will gladly buy the module if needed but I'm having no luck pairing my AK. The dealer tells me they do not know the answer. Anybody know?

If not, are there pairing instructions other than leaving the fob inside the vehicle, touching the AK to the J on the tailgate within 30 seconds?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Duhtroll,
The new activity key, one with a display, is compatible with the 21 and later F-Paces with PiviPro. It needs to be configured by the dealership I believe to work with your F-Pace after delivery of the key. You will need your F-Pace and both existing keys at the dealership and the new activity key for them to complete the configuration. I needed to order another activity key after I lost the one I ordered with my 21 SVR with PiviPro, but they were able to configure it. I do not know if you can configure it yourself. I'm guessing you can if you have the procedure, but I'm not aware of those steps since the dealership did mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you -

However, I was only given one key at purchase due to parts shortage. It's actually why I got the activity key in the first place - as my second key in case of emergency. I will get another eventually but I only have one. I don't get why they would need two keys to program one but maybe they can get me another fob in the process.

Duhtroll,
The new activity key, one with a display, is compatible with the 21 and later F-Paces with PiviPro. It needs to be configured by the dealership I believe to work with your F-Pace after delivery of the key. You will need your F-Pace and both existing keys at the dealership and the new activity key for them to complete the configuration. I needed to order another activity key after I lost the one I ordered with my 21 SVR with PiviPro, but they were able to configure it. I do not know if you can configure it yourself. I'm guessing you can if you have the procedure, but I'm not aware of those steps since the dealership did mine.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Duhtrol,

That actually is ok. Doable for them to configure your main key and the new Activity key at one time since you don't have the other one. In my case I needed both of the keys I got at delivery or one would not work any longer until they could reconfigure it. shouldn't be a problem in your case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Duhtrol,

That actually is ok. Doable for them to configure your main key and the new Activity key at one time since you don't have the other one. In my case I needed both of the keys I got at delivery or one would not work any longer until they could reconfigure it. shouldn't be a problem in your case.
This actually turned out to not be the case. I showed up with my new activity key and existing fob and was told they could not do it without two fobs. Now they also took 7 hours to install a dash cam (I only paid for book) so who knows what this dealer knows.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Duhtroll,

Are you saying they couldn't configure your new Activity key without both original fobs? That is what my dealer said initially, but when I pushed them they said they could configure the fob and the activity key separately but the other fob wouldn't not work until they could configure it. I brought theater fob with me when I went to pick up the car and they needed about 30 minutes to get that fob configured. So it sounds like perhaps your dealer doesn't fully understand the process. which isn't surprising

1 - 7 of 7 Posts