Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radiator, being painted in silver, shows pretty badly behind the front grille. I painted it satin black and now it looks wonderful, see it by yourself in this "before after" comparison

Jaguar should paint all elements that are behind the front grille in satin black right at the factory!

Last issue...
The frontal license plates here in Italy are smaller than other European countries'... They should provide a specific frontal car plate holder for our market like for example Audi does for the best aesthetic results, as you can see in the same "before after" comparison.

Below the paint made in USA I used for the radiator.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Agreed. Looks good!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I don't know if it's because ours has the "Black Package" or not , but everything behind our grill is already Black !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if it's because ours has the "Black Package" or not , but everything behind our grill is already Black !
So your radiators in the US are really not painted in silver?
Do they adopt different color schemes also for internal components with the "Black Package"?:eek:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Do they adopt different color schemes also for internal components with the "Black Package"?:eek:
I don't actually SEE the Fins of the radiator , as there seems to be some kinda "Black Plastic Shroud" in front of it ! Trek had a metal bracket behind his grill that had been left UNPAINTED , and he had his dealer paint it !

·
Registered
20 Posts
My radiator is silver; however, the automatic grille shutter in front of the radiator is black. There is no need for me to paint my radiator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I don't actually SEE the Fins of the radiator , as there seems to be some kinda "Black Plastic Shroud" in front of it ! Trek had a metal bracket behind his grill that had been left UNPAINTED , and he had his dealer paint it !
I got it...
Probably there's an additional component to better hide the radiator that they insert behind the grille only with the "Black Package".
Could you kindly share with us a picture of your actual grill?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
My radiator is silver; however, the automatic grille shutter in front of the radiator is black. There is no need for me to paint my radiator.
Yes ! This is what I have as well ! My only question to you would be , do you have the "Black Package" or not ?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It's sloppy quality control by Jaguar. Every radiator should've come in black from the factory. You don't have Adaptive Cruse Control, but people who do have a bracket in front of the radiator but behind the grill. My car came with the bracket in unpainted silver. 9 out of 10 F-Paces with ACC come with the bracket in the correct black color. I wasn't going to paint the bracket myself. Why should I? This is Jaguar's fault. I made the dealer order a NEW bracket in the correct black color and install it for free. You should've done the same with your radiator.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
It's sloppy quality control by Jaguar. Every radiator should've come in black from the factory. You don't have Adaptive Cruse Control, but people who do have a bracket in front of the radiator but behind the grill. My car came with the bracket in unpainted silver. 9 out of 10 F-Paces with ACC come with the bracket in the correct black color. I wasn't going to paint the bracket myself. Why should I? This is Jaguar's fault. I made the dealer order a NEW bracket in the correct black color and install it for free. You should've done the same with your radiator.
Trek , the "radiator" is not the problem for Leaper ! It sounds like he is MISSING the "Black Automatic Grille Shutter" assembly that goes in front of the radiator !

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
@ GRVR, I do not have the black package.
Ok ! That means that Leaper is either missing this part , or it wasn't put on vehicles that went to his country ! Thanks for letting me know the appropriate name for that piece ! ;)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Just checked my Premium, and everything is black behind the grill. I do have the black pack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trek , the "radiator" is not the problem for Leaper ! It sounds like he is MISSING the "Black Automatic Grille Shutter" assembly that goes in front of the radiator !

This is crazy guys!
Before doing it I asked Jaguar of Italy and they told me that what I got is all normal and if I wanted to paint it they have nothing against it but they are not available to pay for the job.

I'm curious now...
So the models sold in the US have an "Active Grille Shutter" just like some recent BMW models?

Fortunately now, after the € 500 paint job also my F-Pace looks as it was intended by its designers! LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, the gas model F-Paces in the U.S. have the active grille shutter. I am not sure if diesel versions have it or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, the gas model F-Paces in the U.S. have the active grille shutter. I am not sure if diesel versions have it or not.
Mine is a actually a diesel version...
That's maybe why it doesn't have the active grille shutter... :-(

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
MTHM on post #13 just stated that his is all Black behind the Grille , and he has a Diesel Premium F-Pace !

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
This is crazy guys!
Before doing it I asked Jaguar of Italy and they told me that what I got is all normal and if I wanted to paint it they have nothing against it but they are not available to pay for the job.

I'm curious now...
So the models sold in the US have an "Active Grille Shutter" just like some recent BMW models?

Fortunately now, after the € 500 paint job also my F-Pace looks as it was intended by its designers! LOL
As long as YOU are Happy Now , that is all that matters !
If it is any conciliation , WE over here in the U.S. did NOT get the Highly Coveted *Sliding Cup Holder Cover* Option , that other Countries got !!! ;)
Only the FE's over here got them , but no one else !!! :(
Me Likey the *Sliding Cup Holder Cover* !!! >:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
MTHM on post #13 just stated that his is all Black behind the Grille , and he has a Diesel Premium F-Pace !
I can confirm that the US diesels have the black active shutters, making it completely black behind the front grille. I hadn't noticed the shutters until someone mentioned the sound it sometimes makes when shutting down the engine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a prestige with black pack and everything behind the grill is black, yes the USA version gas models all come with computer controlled shutters over the radiator, I do not know about the diesel models.

Also yes it's normal for the car to make a clunk sound just after you turn it off, that sound is the shutters closing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts