Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is FP S and should be equipped with Adaptive Front lighting. Do you guys know how to tell Adaptive Front lighting is working? I don't think there is a warning light or something on dashboard...

I also saw "Adaptive LED Headlamps automatically adjust to follow steering inputs , casting light where needed . They will angle the beam when indicating." from the brochure.... (http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/22810-cornering-lights.html)

I checked my LED and I doubted it is able to angle....

Is this discernable or did anyone ever notice?

Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
they do actually turn when you make left or right, I did checked that. my Audi Q5 used to do the same , now I have the fpace and it does the same.

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
They only move above a certain speed. They will not move (left to right) while standing still.

From the manual:

BEND LIGHTING

With the headlights on, the bend lighting system adjusts the beams when cornering, to provide improved illumination in the direction of travel.

Bend lighting is deactivated when:

1. Reverse (R) gear is selected.

2. The vehicle is stationary.

If a system fault is detected, the headlights attempt to move to the central position and then remain stationary.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They only move above a certain speed. They will not move (left to right) while standing still.

From the manual:

BEND LIGHTING

With the headlights on, the bend lighting system adjusts the beams when cornering, to provide improved illumination in the direction of travel.

Bend lighting is deactivated when:

1. Reverse (R) gear is selected.

2. The vehicle is stationary.

If a system fault is detected, the headlights attempt to move to the central position and then remain stationary.

Cool, got it. Thanks. I saw this one as well this time. Why JDR uses two different words... Adaptive front lighting in pre-sale brochure but bend light here in the handbook...?

I know there is a word "adaptive front lighting system" in XE and also an AMBER lamp. We FP don't have one, right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
From the press kit for the 2018 F-Type, the Adaptive Lighting does more than the "Bending Lighting" function. I've heard reviewers say the Adaptive Lighting on the F-Pace adjusts the beam pattern as well as includes the Auto High beam function. The 2018 F-Type has 4 different modes for the Adaptive function.... See photo

Attachments

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Are you sure all this F-Type information is applicable to the NA F-Pace?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Are you sure all this F-Type information is applicable to the NA F-Pace?
Do not believe that is applicable. The F-paces LED headlights have been around since the release of the newest generation XF. The F-types LED headlights are brand new and exclusive to that model. They may eventually upgrade the XF and F-paces LED headlights to have those modes but they dont at this moment. The F-pace has auto high beam and bending light, that is it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do not believe that is applicable. The F-paces LED headlights have been around since the release of the newest generation XF. The F-types LED headlights are brand new and exclusive to that model. They may eventually upgrade the XF and F-paces LED headlights to have those modes but they dont at this moment. The F-pace has auto high beam and bending light, that is it.
Ah ok! Thank you for the update. It would be nice to see that in action and hopefully they add it to the XF and F-Pace.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agreed. Maybe after 2019.. now bend is enough

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Agreed. Maybe after 2019.. now bend is enough
I actually love the assembly of the current LED headlight design in the F-pace and XF, I think its the best looking headlights, followed by the triple beam LEDs offered by Lexus. It all blends fantastically, very sleek and modern looking. The J-blades are integrated beautifully as is the turn signal so I would really like to see these LED headlight assemblies stick around for a while. Im sure they can make minor upgrades and keep the overall design but I would not want them to change the look at all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually love the assembly of the current LED headlight design in the F-pace and XF, I think its the best looking headlights, followed by the triple beam LEDs offered by Lexus. It all blends fantastically, very sleek and modern looking. The J-blades are integrated beautifully as is the turn signal so I would really like to see these LED headlight assemblies stick around for a while. Im sure they can make minor upgrades and keep the overall design but I would not want them to change the look at all.
Sure. The front turn signal is sooooo pretty. I really love the exterior design, and maybe they could make minor upgrades on interior design even though I am fine with it as well.

I saw the front light angle truly on my way home this night. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts