Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping this helps people resolve the endless "is there an update or not" discussion on InControl Touch Pro and to see if and what version revisions there are floating around out there. This is for InControl Touch Pro only though I assume there is equivalent for ICT. See attached instructions, which are mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
VZX,

I had found this earlier and posted it but someone only said it was only for Navigation. It's the only place in the entire ICTP that I could track a version number so I tend to agree with you and I think this is the App Version for ICTP. Here is the path to my post from earlier and my version

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/electronics/13818-firmware-software-version.html

My version is the same as your's 15.4.10179

Interesting enough the date activated is the Wednesday before I took delivery of the vehicle, the dealership didn't have it at that time, the port still did. So I'm guessing mine was flashed at the port by Jag which my sales guy said things were often done like that for known issues.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As stated, I'm 99% sure this is the ICTP version NOT the map version. Why else would it have the name, app version, activated date and then below have the map updated date? Would be helpful if others could check their version number and report back, particularly people who have done a map update if any was available. That would help confirm.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
VZX, I was stating this to say I agree with you. I think this is the version of the software. Maybe not all firmware versions for the different modules, but definitely the main software version. Interesting that we all have different Map update times. My App software version is still the same as the original post. Map version has updated to 8.31.2016. So I think this verifies that you are right.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VZX, I was stating this to say I agree with you. I think this is the version of the software. Maybe not all firmware versions for the different modules, but definitely the main software version. Interesting that we all have different Map update times. My App software version is still the same as the original post. Map version has updated to 8.31.2016. So I think this verifies that you are right.
Understood, sorry to confuse.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As stated, I'm 99% sure this is the ICTP version NOT the map version. Why else would it have the name, app version, activated date and then below have the map updated date? Would be helpful if others could check their version number and report back, particularly people who have done a map update if any was available. That would help confirm.
I think the map updated date is for the map data. There are (potentially) three different things to update here: 1) the ICTP version, 2) the map software version, and 3) the map data version (or date). My money, based on the wording, is that it is showing (2), but not (1), unless they share the same version number, which would be impossible to tell from this screen. Also, I would imagine that it shows the activated date because you have a subscription to the map data that runs for some number of years.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the map updated date is for the map data. There are (potentially) three different things to update here: 1) the ICTP version, 2) the map software version, and 3) the map data version (or date). My money, based on the wording, is that it is showing (2), but not (1), unless they share the same version number, which would be impossible to tell from this screen. Also, I would imagine that it shows the activated date because you have a subscription to the map data that runs for some number of years.
I'm sticking with my belief that this is the ICTP version number NOT the map version. What would be super helpful is if people could post their data from this screen. I'm also going to see if my service rep at Jaguar dealer can answer this as well.

Come on people, look this up and post your info!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Hoping this helps people resolve the endless "is there an update or not" discussion on InControl Touch Pro and to see if and what version revisions there are floating around out there. This is for InControl Touch Pro only though I assume there is equivalent for ICT. See attached instructions, which are mine.

Hope this is fixed when I put my car in this week

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I hope your issue is fixed too. But must every thread be turned into an issue post. You posted this already in another thread Why double post the issue here? Geesh.
Haha yes! Im hoping at least one person will be able to tell me whats wrong with the screen, its extremely frustrating paying for a $65000 car and the central part of the car doesn't work 50% of the time. So I'm hoping one person will see this and be able to tell me "oh yea do this" or "Yea try that"

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a reminder folks, it would be great if people who have ICTP could use instructions at top of this thread and then post the results here so we all could see if there are any differences in the version numbers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm showing the same version number. I do know that my SA told me they did some updates to the ICTP and it has been working near flawlessly since they did it about a month ago.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had mine in for creaking rear end fix (which seems to have worked!) and they also did an "ICTP Update" which may have just been reinstalling the original software? Whatever, most of the issues have gone away with the exception of the dropping Sirius signal.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same version as yours

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you,

anybody with a very early build date want to report?

·
Registered
93 Posts
App version: 15.4-10179
Date activated: July 13, 2016 12:00am

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just got mine back - they did the isolator fix but I am still hearing a creak in the rear...might be something else (going to look over the back of the car, interior and exterior, this weekend to see if I can find what the issue is before going back).

My SA told me that there were quite a few software updates for the F-Pace including 2 for the rear camera system (a few times the reverse camera would just not come on, not the black out issue from before which seems to be fixed), 1 for the side mirror reverse tiltdown (mine would stay in the tilted position for a while after putting the car in drive from reverse) and a few for the ICTP (mine did a total freeze, twice now, since the car was last in for warranty items).

Checked my version number, as described in this forum, and it is the same as before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I have this version as some of the people here:

App version: 15.4-10179

Is there a newer version?

( I saw somewhere: 20.14-1165, is that newer or older?)

My Car was delivered in November 18th, in Germany.

regards

Chapron

·
Registered
168 Posts
So this is weird. Mine was built in September and delivered in October. It shows 20.14-1165. But also of interest is the "map update" date of yesterday...

On the next screen you can see the "map version", FYI. Mine is 8.30.63.105 for the U.S.

I wonder if the ICTP version has more to do with how the car is optioned, rather than which iteration of software. It would be unconventional to have the lead number (20) be so different from others (15)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 81 Posts