·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
DP I had posted that for the 21s and later back around Christmas of 21. I ran that way with my 21 for about 2 months earlier this year. Suddenly though having that disconnected ended up defeating the steering wheel heater and the seat heaters. They wouldn't work with that disconnected any longer. If I reconnected that wire, they ended up working fine. I'm not sure why they worked for a while, but I'm assuming that perhaps those devices are driven by another battery that is in the car and that little wire not only turns off Auto Start Stop, but it also keeps that other battery from being charged. When that battery gets to low in voltage, then the seat heaters and steering wheel stop working. I ended up reconnecting it and manually turning Auto Stop Start off. The new Pivi update makes turning it off very easy by mapping the diamond button on the steering wheel to Auto Start Stop.

Now if you are in Texas or perhaps even Florida like a few folks out here, or if you don't have the steering wheel or seat heaters, it's a perfect way to defeat Auto Start stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts