Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on a recent road trip I noticed the gas gauge was a few hairs from being in the red zone, but did not have any low fuel warming. When I gassed up it took 14.6 gallons. Should I have it checked to see if it is working?

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
While on a recent road trip I noticed the gas gauge was a few hairs from being in the red zone, but did not have any low fuel warming. When I gassed up it took 14.6 gallons. Should I have it checked to see if it is working?
You weren't quite there yet ! Watch your *Miles To Empty* reading ! The warning comes on at about 30-40 to empty ! I have even had the *red zone* on the gas gauge literally disappear ! I think the most I have filled up with was 15.8 gals ! I have gone past the *0-miles to empty* reading ! Not something I would suggest to anyone to mess around with , unless you know exactly how far you are to the next filling station is ! But I always like to know what the limits of my vehicle are , concerning Fuel and readings !

P.S. Thanks to theweeb's post , I went to double check , and sure enough it took 16.034 gallons !!!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
From months of watching I believe the "low fuel warning" comes on at 28-31 miles to empty. A little more specific than GR but cut him some slack ;)
All cars have it set up that you will usually have 1 gallon of fuel or more when it says 0 to empty so unless you've run it down to 0 and continue to drive it for miles on end you shouldn't run out... but like GR said, I would not do this as it can cause mechanical issues with the fuel pump etc.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
From months of watching I believe the "low fuel warning" comes on at 28-31 miles to empty. A little more specific than GR but cut him some slack ;)
All cars have it set up that you will usually have 1 gallon of fuel or more when it says 0 to empty so unless you've run it down to 0 and continue to drive it for miles on end you shouldn't run out... but like GR said, I would not do this as it can cause mechanical issues with the fuel pump etc.
got my 1st low fuel warning today :| with 51 miles to go

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
got my 1st low fuel warning today :| with 51 miles to go
I dont know of any car that gets a low fuel warning with that many miles to go... especially the F-pace. I think theres something wrong with your gauge or something haha.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Depends on tank size but some give the Low fuel warning with around 3 gallons left. Fuel pumps needs fuel to help keep it cool and lubricated. Run them too low frequently and you'll run into problems later on down the line. I try not to let ours get below 1/4 tank. I tend to keep my vehicles a long time and at around 1-150K fuel pumps will sometimes show their age by misfire and hard starting. Check of fuel pressure will tell all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts