Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s a crazy time that we are living in right now. I know some states are a shelter in place, all but 7 states have closed there restaurant dining rooms. TP and hand sanitizer shortages. Kids home from school, parents working from home. Social distancing.
How is everyone handling this ? How are things where you live ?

remember your not alone if you need to talk reach out

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The real crux of this situation, is not whether we will survive it or not, as 99.9% of us will.... The question is what's on the other side? A devastated economy? Millions of businesses going out of business? Fed stimulus will help a little, but won't nearly cover the demands of months (this won't be over in 30 days as some suggest...) but this country can't write TRILLION dollar checks repeatedly that it can't cash. I am all about saving lives and public heath, If you don't live, what does it matter.... but this economy will suffer irreparable damage if it can't get restarted by say May 1st at the latest... individuals and families are going to be using up their life's savings just to survive.
The markets will be back, but that won't help the average man. I believe the future will be viewed as a "Pre" virus and a "Post" virus world for the rest of all of our lives....
Please correct me as I hope I am wrong on many points....
I pray for all of our futures in these uncertain times...

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
We are all sheltered at our homes, and right now the family is doing well. All 9 of us here in my house, yes big family considering that my two oldest are already out of the house and sheltered in their own homes. Going a little stir crazy, but we got my entire company working from home already. It took a little bit last week, but we had the systems and services to support that. My concern though is that stbentoak said. My company's prime client is small business owners, and I'm not sure how many of them are going to make it through this. Clearly, our top clients like home emergency services will probably survive, but beauty parlors, and barber shops and all the other "non-essential" businesses who are essential to their owners and employees incomes are going to be pushed to the brink. Hopefully, we will get passed this faster than some are thinking, but I'm concerned that may not be the case.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
How am I handling it?
On the outside "I'm gonna fake it till I make it!"
On the inside I'm anxious ,angry and scared for my children.
Due to my location I was already prepared for winter weather, power outages, earthquakes and road closures so we were stocked.
My insurance company will not approve more than 1 month worth of prescriptions so I will have to repeatedly drive an hour to go into a pharmacy that is located in a big box store for no reason.
My parents with MAJOR health issues (in another state) will not listen to reason.
My husbands job is essential infrastructure so he is going to work and he falls into the high risk category.
Part of my therapy for my PTSD is to drive a car every day and this lock down gives my brain an excuse to not do it which makes the PTSD symptoms worse.
My County has a DumbA$* as a representative
I'm supposed to go to court in a couple of weeks for restitution hearing from the crash. I called the court assuming it would be postponed but was told no, it's still on the calendar.
If this Virus hits our house my children will lose both their parents.
If my parents don't wise up my children will lose their only living grandparents as well.
The only thing keeping me kinda sane at the moment is going outside after the snow melts every couple of days and washing/detailing the F-PACE ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
My annual service is due late April and I made an appointment online a couple of months ago. The car is way under on miles and I feel the service can be delayed a couple months beyond it’s due date until the coronavirus abates and pay out of pocket. What does concern me is that JLR might possibly void a future warranty claim because the oil service wasn’t completed right on time.

I would call JLR for guidance about delaying the service, but their employees have bigger issues to worry about.

I’ll probably end up getting the service done on time while I wait and try to get in and out of the dealer as quickly as possible. I was going to leave the car, take a loaner, and get my first ever ICTP update with Apple CarPlay but that’s not important right now

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
434 Posts
As a retiree with a good, reliable pension, our only financial concerns are for some of our kids, but they are not seriously threatened either.

Sheltering in place is sort of what we've been doing for years anyway. My wife is well into her third year of chemotherapy for liver and colorectal cancer, which has taken a slight turn for the worse but still not life threatening, so for us it's kind of a "what COVID-19?" situation. We're inured to it.
I'm obsessed with keeping the pollen off the cars.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
434 Posts
p. s. Thanks for the opportunity to vent - very therapeutic!

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've been with my my current employer for 17 years and last month, after months of deliberation, I decided to take a new job and relocate to Nashville. Little did I know I'd be moving during an apocalypse.

Tomorrow is the move. I'm navigating stay-at-home orders for two different states. Complete logistical nightmare.

While my industry/profession is fortunately in high demand, there are logistical challenges getting me on board and trained due to the current situation.

While everyone has been stocking up on supplies in the last few weeks, I've been blowing through existing supplies because we're moving. So priority one will be to hit up the stores and hope we can find reasonable amounts of food.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well received shelter in place AKA stay at home orders today, Dallas is the hardest hit place in Texas so far. The big issues is the state is so big, it’s a patch work of stay at home orders by county. The only state wide order is no more than 10 people together, we car leave to get food and for medical, wife has been teaching her students from home, not sure if the kids will go back to school this year. I watch TV and post things on Facebook. The roads have been empty so took a few rides to do some “essential business” let the Cat stretch it’s legs. Can’t visit the mother inlaw she is in assisted living and no one is allowed in. I have gone out and twice this week to restock my two week supply of adult beverages. Ice cream was running low also. Hopfully the world will get back to normal in a few weeks. Feel free to vent here I’m sure we are all a bit stir crazy. Now I know on the gorillas feel in the zoo stuck in there cages.

it’s comforting to know we are going through the same thing world wide.

DP

·
Registered
337 Posts
-been on lock down in CA for a few days. No problem getting adult beverages but eggs are hard to find. Thankfully we were well stocked on paper goods. In hindsight, it would have been nice to have gotten a haircut before the non essential businesses were closed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
With the “Stay Home” order, spent the weekend detailing and getting ready for spring. Luckily, outdoor activity with proper distancing is allowable, so I’ll be taking one of these out for some “wind therapy” shortly.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Surprised this isn't a hotter topic than it is.... they are getting ready tomorrow 3/30 to impose a "Highest level shelter in place" here in Southwest FL for 2 weeks. This past week over 650 people disobeyed the orders to stay off the beaches and climbed thru chained and taped off places to run, walk, and sunbathe. Add that on top of the 190 flights a day coming here from NY,NJ, and Mass to escape that chaos, and you can see it is going to be a HOT mess down here.. (No pun intended..) New England people are supposed to self quar. for 14 day upon arrival, but where are they the very next day? Costco, Publix, and the Liquor stores and out mixing with local society... Hey its sunny and 85..I'm fine!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I read some places in Pa are requiring bus co’s to ID NY passengers as “essential“ before being allowed to board. Read a few other offerings that people are POd that a certain bus service continues daily routes from NYC. Then, as noted, we still have (somewhat limited now) flights going in and out of hot spots. There’s now a 14 day Travel Advisory....... So what? Idiots aren’t going to let advisories get in their way, and the only way the gov’t can absolutely control this is Martial Law, which won’t happen. I suspect the curve would get flatter, faster if everyone practiced being a good citizen. Unfortunately, that’s not the case.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
GR is considered ESSENTIAL !!!:giggle:
Just another day at the Office for me !!!:cool:
Drove 174-Miles , did 14 Heating Oil stops , for a total of 3076-gallons of Fuel delivered !!!:geek:
2019, 9-26 Greg washed Donald's Truck 1.JPG

VR is a School Teacher , so she is working from home !
They are going to attempt to do classes and lessons with the kids via the computer !

STAY SAFE Everyone !!!:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mostly bored in rural Western Pa. We're postponing all elective surgery and seeing only urgent and emergent cases in the office. As a surgeon, I'm thankful not to be on the front line of the Covid-19 pandemic. Hope everyone else is staying home and staying safe!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm a federal contractor whose office has been closed. I cannot work remotely due to the type of work we perform. So my company has told us to use our vacation, admin leave (which has to be made up) or LWOP. Hoping that the CARES Act allows them to modify our contract and allow us to get paid because I was already told we're out at least until May.

In the meantime, golf courses are still open. I've got my own push cart so I don't need to have any contact with anyone. Since I've been out I've walked seven rounds, which is over 52 miles. I guess that's a good thing.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm a federal contractor whose office has been closed. I cannot work remotely due to the type of work we perform. So my company has told us to use our vacation, admin leave (which has to be made up) or LWOP. Hoping that the CARES Act allows them to modify our contract and allow us to get paid because I was already told we're out at least until May.

In the meantime, golf courses are still open. I've got my own push cart so I don't need to have any contact with anyone. Since I've been out I've walked seven rounds, which is over 52 miles. I guess that's a good thing.
Golf courses were orders closed effective today. Along with parks and other areas.

DP

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
We are still golfing in SWFL, Single riders per cart, no touch pins, every cart sanitized every round, no pencils, Bring your own drinks and handle your own clubs. Its all we got left to do. Not sure what DeSantis new 30 day order starting tomorrow will do to it. But if it kills it, gonna be a pretty isolated next 30 days. Willing to do whatever to get this over with....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts