Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a lot of discussion over in the F-Pace UK forum about issues with the fit and finish of the F-Pace body panel alignment. It is mostly regarding the front bumper section where it meets the hood (it's the bonnet in the UK) - especially near the headlights. But they also talk about the rear tail gate and driver/passenger doors having misalignment issues. I have seen some pics of the F-Pace where the nose to hood looks perfect and others that look way off (big gaps on the "eye brow"). I don't have mine yet, but I am going to make it clear in my dealer inspection letter to that I want the car to be perfect. In the UK forums, they received a response from JLR corporate that any body panel misalignment is to be handled by the dealer. Some have stated that when it was not an easy fix, their F-Pace was sent out a body shop for correction. I just wanted to know if others here have noticed and quality issues with body panel alignment?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is pretty good. I checked the nose area after other posts on this forum and I'm happy with mine. I did complain to my dealer about the tailgate where there is a wider gap on one side. I can live with it and to be honest if they start messing with it they may make it worse? Door panel to body is pretty good. If you watch one of the many YouTube videos inside the assembly plant they'd have you believe some QA inspector checks every car with a huge until it is perfect but I guess that's not happening consistently as they ramp up production. Overall pretty happy here. I'd be worried if a new car was off so much it had to be sent to the body shop for correction!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Everythin except for the hood is fitting nicely, I have yet to see about adjusting the hood rubber stop screws.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Mine is fine and was checked during PDI and I checked it before accepting.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Banned
311 Posts
Mine is pretty good. I checked the nose area after other posts on this forum and I'm happy with mine. I did complain to my dealer about the tailgate where there is a wider gap on one side. I can live with it and to be honest if they start messing with it they may make it worse? Door panel to body is pretty good. If you watch one of the many YouTube videos inside the assembly plant they'd have you believe some QA inspector checks every car with a huge until it is perfect but I guess that's not happening consistently as they ramp up production. Overall pretty happy here. I'd be worried if a new car was off so much it had to be sent to the body shop for correction!
No offense, buy if you noticed the tailgate was misaligned, and complained to the dealer why didn't he fix it?
That is unacceptable on any brand new vehicle being delivered. If they made it worse it's their problem- their responsibly to resolve to your satisfaction or refuse to take delivery. Why should you live with that on a 50K new luxury vehicle?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine is fine all around. Clayed and polished a week ago and the paint is spot on as well.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
My car is "spot on" as they say in the UK everywhere except the bonnet bumper alignment. That gap to me looks to be about twice the size it should be, it is twice the size of the bonnet to fender alignment. I didn't complain about it at all, but I have looked at it myself to see if there is any adjustment to make it look at little bit better. My car isn't out of alignment, the gap is consistent across the entire bumper/hood section, it's just wider than it should be IMHO.

Reactions: Paul Burton

·
Registered
41 Posts
About a week after taking delivery I noticed scuffing to the rear tread plate of the hatch and it was assessed by the dealer as the hatch closing too far. Closing 'time' corrected. Part replaced and some repaint done. However, I still feel that my rear hatch is mis-aligned as the tail lights (on the hatch door and the rear wings) do not align. Looked at another vehicle in the showroom which exhibited the same mis-alignment of the lights and the dealer concluded it must be OK. Really? Same suspension issues as seen in other posts and rubber surround to windshield. Difficult to keep going back to the dealer as they're 120 miles away - Vermont is an outpost, but I will persist until these items are resolved. Interested to know if anyone else has noticed the rear light alignment issue.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About a week after taking delivery I noticed scuffing to the rear tread plate of the hatch and it was assessed by the dealer as the hatch closing too far. Closing 'time' corrected. Part replaced and some repaint done. However, I still feel that my rear hatch is mis-aligned as the tail lights (on the hatch door and the rear wings) do not align. Looked at another vehicle in the showroom which exhibited the same mis-alignment of the lights and the dealer concluded it must be OK. Really? Same suspension issues as seen in other posts and rubber surround to windshield. Difficult to keep going back to the dealer as they're 120 miles away - Vermont is an outpost, but I will persist until these items are resolved. Interested to know if anyone else has noticed the rear light alignment issue.
I am very sorry to hear about your issues. This is yet another example of knowing the potential things to review with the dealer prior to accepting the vehicle. For anyone else who has not picked up their F-Pace, make sure to send the PDI letter which can be found on this site. I am going to add windshield rubber surround to the list of things to look at since I have seen 2-3 members mentioning this issue as well as the rear light alignment.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have had my S since mid July and so far so good from both mechanical and body fit and finish albeit I only have about 2,800K of mileage, i.e.,1,750 miles.

I did see the vehicle briefly when it was delivered and before PDI but did not inspect it so I can say what the dealer fixed during the PDI.

After I took delivery, the vehicle was at the dealer once for repair which included, a software update for the ICTP, align front hood which was slightly misaligned and replace rear bumper tow hook cover which kept popping out of the bumper. Other than these issues, I have had no problems other than some quirky things like trying to adjust the volume or turn off or on the audio when in reverse which I understand is a software issue and hopefully such things will be resolved in an update.

Generally I am pleased so far with the lack of problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just bought an F Pace 2016 first edition and the bonnet is out of alignment but the bonnet catch on the right-hand side just needs adjusting so Listers are sorting it. Disappointed they didn't and the previous owner didn't do anything about it earlier. Otherwise very pleased with it. The owners manual isn't very user-friendly and definitely needs improvement but better than nothing. I would also like a pdf version to pass on when I sell it and to use myself.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I have just bought an F Pace 2016 first edition and the bonnet is out of alignment but the bonnet catch on the right-hand side just needs adjusting so Listers are sorting it. Disappointed they didn't and the previous owner didn't do anything about it earlier. Otherwise very pleased with it. The owners manual isn't very user-friendly and definitely needs improvement but better than nothing. I would also like a pdf version to pass on when I sell it and to use myself.
Welcome to the forum. I am sure you meant "2017" - - even though built in 2016. The hood alignment is a common issue for the first year with these. As for the owner's manual, the easiest is the on-line version:

Jaguar Owner Information

You may have to back up to select your particular configuration and language, if needed.

Post pics and a longer description of your F-PACE when you get a chance! There is a newcomer introduction section here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts