Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I connected it on the incontrol website and it does show on my car screen, but it says premium required. I signed up for spotify premium, but I dont see a way to let the car know. The car icon is kind grayed out and does not respond at all when I push it.

Any ideas? I am in the US, BTW.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I tried to do this as well but I don't see a Spotify icon on the ICTP. You're supposed to be able to switch to Spotify by selecting Source and selecting Spotify. My setup doesn't show Spotify as a source.

·
Registered
994 Posts
From JLR UK:

"The new F-TYPE is the first Jaguar model to feature the embedded Spotify app, which is also backward-compatible with existing Jaguar models equipped with the Touch Pro infotainment, Online Media feature and software-over-the-air (SOTA) functionality. Installing it is easy: Via a micro-SIM card in the vehicle or through a Wi-Fi connection, customers can, in three simple steps, download the app and update the online media sources with Spotify".

I think the key component many of us are lacking is the "Online Media feature".
My 2017 doesn't have this and the SOTA updates I've gotten didn't install this feature either.
I haven't tried to install Spotify, although I see the option to do so.
I tried the Deezer install when it first appeared, but never had any success, which I also believe is due to the lack of the Online Media option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The reason that I was trying to get spotify to work is because I can't get deezer to play more than about 5 songs before the playlist starts over. I do have a premium account with both deezer and spotify (free first months). I assumed I must have given some Jag app/web page my Deezer log in. But it doesn't look that way. I have tried disconnecting both apps on the incontrol website and when I reconnect them it doesn't ask for a password or user name. I am starting to think that it just uses a generic account that the car uses. Funny thing is i called jaguar and asked them how to do it. They said call spotify and gave me a phone number. The number is for the california dept of consumer affairs. I think that is a sign I should give up......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts