Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my ICT has started picking new routes for me on my familiar travel routes. I drive to the N. GA mountains and back to FL at least once a month. All of a sudden it is directing me down side roads before the interstate (with no notice of traffic issues ahead) and going down two rut, one lane dirt roads on my journey.

I use nav. to pace myself and see how much faster I get to my destination than the initial setting says and to give me a projected time to the cabin or back home.

I do not want to go on unnecessary two rut gravel roads as they get my sled dusty and muddy. I have now discounted planning trips on the sled and have gone to my old faithful AAA map for unfamiliar routes to new destinations.

I've had a software update since this started and it still didn't correct it.

If there is a main roads setting, I can't find it. Anybody experiencing this? I would like to remedy as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Did you make sure your NAV is set-up to take the *QUICKEST* route ,
instead of the *shortest distance* ???

The *shortest distance* might be the Dirt Roads ,
whereas the *QUICKEST* would be the main highways !!!

Just a thought !!!0:)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you make sure your NAV is set-up to take the *QUICKEST* route ,
instead of the *shortest distance* ???

The *shortest distance* might be the Dirt Roads ,
whereas the *QUICKEST* would be the main highways !!!

Just a thought !!!0:)

Where did you find that setting?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before you hit "yes" once the destination is calculated. If you save the destination as a favorite it will save the options.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Do you know if it stores that as the default for all future trips? If not, how do I set that if need be?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Do you know if it stores that as the default for all future trips? If not, how do I set that if need be?

Thanks again!
Gosh, do not use it that much, nearly two years and just turned 14,000 miles. I would play around with it a bit and see.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Gosh, do not use it that much. I would play around with it a bit and see.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:For some reason , that statement doesn't surprise me at all !!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
226 Posts
ICT NAV. is hard to use...I prefer google map.
The live traffic info. function just pop up the window every mins to remind me there is a faster route when I drive in city.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gosh, do not use it that much, nearly two years and just turned 14,000 miles. I would play around with it a bit and see.

I'm at 14 months and just turned 21,000 wonderful and pleasurable miles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts