Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ton of music on my Kindle HDX. How do I transfer the library to my F-Pace SSD? Anyone know how? I couldn't find the answer in the owner's handbook unless I missed it somehow. This is my first car with a hard-drive to store music.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks for rubbing it in but I don't have my car yet so I can't tell you. However, if you let me borrow yours for a couple of days I can figure it out.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
122 Posts
I never heard anybody mentioning option to copy music to internal SSD. You may have better luck with USB stick.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
You can transfer music into the InControl SSD.

From manual:
IMPORTING/RIPPING MEDIA

The vehicle's internal storage, which is used for navigation data, speech data, and metadata databases, also allows media to be stored by:

Importing media from USB memory devices, via the MEDIA PLAYER SETTINGS screen.

Ripping media from CDs.

You will need to copy the MP3 files that make up music on your Kindle device to a USB stick through your computer. I believe this is as simple as having the right cable to connect your Kindle and your computer then opening the Kindle as a drive, inserting USB stick in computer and dragging your music files from Kindle to USB. You should then be able to play either directly from the USB in the car or using the Media Player Settings menu import on to the SSD.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can transfer music into the InControl SSD.

From manual:
IMPORTING/RIPPING MEDIA

The vehicle's internal storage, which is used for navigation data, speech data, and metadata databases, also allows media to be stored by:

Importing media from USB memory devices, via the MEDIA PLAYER SETTINGS screen.

Ripping media from CDs.

You will need to copy the MP3 files that make up music on your Kindle device to a USB stick through your computer. I believe this is as simple as having the right cable to connect your Kindle and your computer then opening the Kindle as a drive, inserting USB stick in computer and dragging your music files from Kindle to USB. You should then be able to play either directly from the USB in the car or using the Media Player Settings menu import on to the SSD.
So that's the problem! I need a USB stick. Gives me an excuse to drive to the mall tomorrow to get one. Thanks for the tip. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
reviving old thread as it was the closest thing I could find related to my question....has anyone determined how much capacity the ICTP system has? I've only been able to rip a few CDs and now it just goes through the ripping process but the new files don't show up. Hoping this is something that would be corrected when I get in for my overdue ICTP update...and yes, I did RTFM....it is as noted above, quite underwhelming in this area...

Thanks for any help-

Dan

·
Registered
163 Posts
reviving old thread as it was the closest thing I could find related to my question....has anyone determined how much capacity the ICTP system has? I've only been able to rip a few CDs and now it just goes through the ripping process but the new files don't show up. Hoping this is something that would be corrected when I get in for my overdue ICTP update...and yes, I did RTFM....it is as noted above, quite underwhelming in this area...

Thanks for any help-

Dan
10 gigabytes are available for media on the SSD resulting in about 2,000 songs depending upon quality and length. I have a 128 GB thumb drive with about 12K songs and leave it plugged into one of the USB ports in the console. Transferring tunes from USB to SSD requires that you to select the tunes to be transferred and the hit the download icon after following VzV's instructions above. This can be problematic as the one can inadvertently touch the Back icon on the bottom of the screen half way through selecting tunes thus aborting your task.

I suggest that you load the thumb drive with only the songs you wish to put in the SSD so that selection is easy. Hopefully, music files played from the SSD will play perfectly as music played from my USB drive still "skips" now and then, especially upon start-up. Also, remember to format the thumb-drive in FAT32.

·
Registered
131 Posts
what format do the songs have to be in? Also has anyone else had issues with ripping the music and not being able to access it in the media player?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I suggest that you load the thumb drive with only the songs you wish to put in the SSD so that selection is easy. Hopefully, music files played from the SSD will play perfectly as music played from my USB drive still "skips" now and then, especially upon start-up. Also, remember to format the thumb-drive in FAT32.
I also got "skips" once in awhile with Flac files on a thumb drive, so this past weekend I bought a 512gb Sandisk SSD and copied my files to it. Since then, no skips. I was impressed to find the ICTP could handle Flac files.

·
Super Moderator
1,878 Posts
Copying to the SSD is a long arduous task that is not worth the time or effort . It is much easier to arrange music into folders (albums) and play what you want just by scrolling thru the album covers on the touch screen.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
From the manual, p.162 - "The Media system plays MP3, WMA, WAV, AIFF, M4A, FLAC, AAC, AMR, LPCM and ALAC files. Other formats are available."

I've been using FLAC files successfully since delivery with no problems.
Cool..I am old school..those other options I never heard of..thanks for the info.:)

ALAC" This must sound like ducks....:D

Reactions: NVA_FPACE

·
Registered
193 Posts
10 gigabytes are available for media on the SSD resulting in about 2,000 songs depending upon quality and length. I have a 128 GB thumb drive with about 12K songs and leave it plugged into one of the USB ports in the console. Transferring tunes from USB to SSD requires that you to select the tunes to be transferred and the hit the download icon after following VzV's instructions above. This can be problematic as the one can inadvertently touch the Back icon on the bottom of the screen half way through selecting tunes thus aborting your task.

Thanks, i transferred my music!

Reactions: NVDesertrat
1 - 14 of 14 Posts