Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to install a hitch and flat 4 pin connector for my trailer but i have no idea how to remove the rear lights to plug in the wires, any one know how?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'm 99% sure you need to fully remove the bumper for this, or completely remove the side panel surrounds in the boot. I've included the tow hitch directions that I used to remove the rear bumper from my F-Pace to install the hitch. once the bumper cover is removed, I think the lights will come out via a couple of bolts. However, if you have a light relay kit these directions tell you where to splice into the wiring harness under the spare tire and next to the fuse box on the right side of the boot. That may be your easiest way to get to the signal you need.

Tow Hitch Install directions

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 99% sure you need to fully remove the bumper for this, or completely remove the side panel surrounds in the boot. I've included the tow hitch directions that I used to remove the rear bumper from my F-Pace to install the hitch. once the bumper cover is removed, I think the lights will come out via a couple of bolts. However, if you have a light relay kit these directions tell you where to splice into the wiring harness under the spare tire and next to the fuse box on the right side of the boot. That may be your easiest way to get to the signal you need.

Tow Hitch Install directions
thanks for your response, turns out you dont actaully have to have the bumper off to get the tail lights off, but you do need to take alot of the interior fabric out on the drivers side to acess this wing nut looking thing with a flat head imprint in the middle which releases the break lights. the type of wiring thing i had plugged driectly into wehre the lights did it was a real hassle but it does fit. im surprised theres literally nothing on the internet about removing tthese rear tail lights jaguar f pace 2018 lol thank you

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'm glad you were able to figure it out and didn't have to remove the bumper. It isn't a hard job, but it is tedious. Quite a few bolts in hard to get to places.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad you were able to figure it out and didn't have to remove the bumper. It isn't a hard job, but it is tedious. Quite a few bolts in hard to get to places.
i had it off to install the aftermarket hitch actually, for anyone reading if you do take the bumper off be sure to have a ratchet with a fitting for a torx or phillips screw tip. if you dont lift the car it is very difficult if not downright imporssible to accessthese screws with a traditional screw driver or gun, i only go to it by some very creative means. linking those extenders together like 4 of them and having one only half in so it became a jerry rigged swivel screw driver lol

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Eric, I agree, the directions I attached in fact recommend pulling the rear tires. I didn't need to do that, as long as I raised the back of the car enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am just doing this exercise and am amazed at the amount of stuff that has to be removed just to get to the rear light fixtures.
The original idea was to have U-Haul mount a hitch and wiring but when I went to pick it up they had installed the hitch but didn't want to do the wiring. This was bad news as the bumper has to be removed [again] to install the wiring module [plug in one for single wire/multi function loom], so I may as well have done it all myself to start with. What made matters worse was they had also broken some of the end latches on the bumper which I have to try and glue before remounting as well as stripped the plastic screw clips. My bad for trusting U-Haul......

While waiting for the wiring module to arrive [Tekonsha 118785] I started to prepare everything to mount it and the instructions just say to use the wingnut and remove the light fixture. However what it doesn't say is this involves a huge amount of disassembly to the trunk to get to it and online steps to do this are hard to find [did find some on a UK forum]. Even with instructions some things are found out by trial + error, like the removing the bag holders is easy once you know to pull out the top cross insert before trying to pull the thing off.

Anyway I just joined this forum as I'm sure it contains a ton of great info I will need and wanted to contribute something - like a warning not to use U-Hauil to mount a hitch and that the wiring is much harder than you suspect. I will also post pictures of the progress if anyone is interested, but be aware I am not a mechanic by any stretch and just a slightly handy type of guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts