Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Did anyone figure out how keep the sensors on all the time?

Sorry. I'm feeling lazy today and unwilling to read all the posts. it's Friday...
As far as I know, nothing has changed, MY17s do not have an option for the front sensors to come on automatically.

Reactions: JagFPace1

·
Registered
471 Posts
Did anyone figure out how keep the sensors on all the time?

Sorry. I'm feeling lazy today and unwilling to read all the posts. it's Friday...
Yes, drive in reverse the whole time.

Reactions: JocDoc

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all - long time listener, first time caller.

Recent recipient of a 2018 FP (USA), and I too was frustrated by not really understanding how the front sensors worked. Read the above, and was encouraged by the "secret menu" option, but could not find it. I found it today, and it was just like Christmas.

Providing Step-by-step for those who want to try it themselves:

1) Vehicle in drive, zero to slow creep speed
2) Press the /\P button on ICTP to activate the front sensors manually
3) Creep forward and/or cause something to trigger a front sensor alert (have a friend step close...a good friend, I would guess)
4) A screen will pop up on ICTP showing the front sensor in question alerting, and it is HERE you tap on the [gears] icon to get to settings settings that control the front park aid
5) et voila, you now have the option to have front sensors always active

Now that it is on, I notice that the indicator bar next to the /\P softkey button on ICTP turns yellow ("on") by itself when the vehicle forward speed drops below approx 2mph - meaning that the front sensors are kicking on automatically.

Chris

·
Registered
626 Posts

Recent recipient of a 2018 FP (USA), and I too was frustrated by not really understanding how the front sensors worked. Read the above, and was encouraged by the "secret menu" option, but could not find it. I found it today, and it was just like Christmas.

3) Creep forward and/or cause something to trigger a front sensor alert (have a friend step close...a good friend, I would guess)
4) A screen will pop up on ICTP showing the front sensor in question alerting, and it is HERE you tap on the [gears] icon to get to settings settings that control the front park aid

Now that it is on, I notice that the indicator bar next to the /\P softkey button on ICTP turns yellow ("on") by itself when the vehicle forward speed drops below approx 2mph - meaning that the front sensors are kicking on automatically.

Chris
Not so on the MY2017, tried it. Having said this, I have yet to upgrade my ICTP to the newest software release. Hoping that perhaps with the update this will function as you've described.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Not so on the MY2017, tried it. Having said this, I have yet to upgrade my ICTP to the newest software release. Hoping that perhaps with the update this will function as you've described.:laugh:
Don't think so but I will be asking my service dept. about adding it after the fact.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
626 Posts
Don't think so but I will be asking my service dept. about adding it after the fact.
Please let me know how that goes for you, I will do the same if successful. I would think it's a small patch they can click on when selecting the the 3.0 update.:nerd:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2016 RRS. Software update eventually came out to fix the issue and now they turn on automatically .

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Any updates with regard to this being a patch update @Jman97
I have emailed my SA because I will not be taking it in unless I am positive it can be applied (I have no other issues). When he emails me back ill update the thread.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I owned a 2006 Range Rover Sport and there was a service bulletin regarding spurious beeping from the front sensors under some conditions. (At this time, the front sensors were always on). I experienced this-sometimes the front parking sensors would be triggered by loops in the pavement that signal the presence of vehicles. The fix was to enable the front parking sensor only after the vehicle had first been put into reverse.

This seems to be the intended functionality with the F Pace, but after a period of time the front sensor function seems to time out and you must either put the vehicle into reverse or press the parking sensor button to make them active again.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I owned a 2006 Range Rover Sport and there was a service bulletin regarding spurious beeping from the front sensors under some conditions. (At this time, the front sensors were always on). I experienced this-sometimes the front parking sensors would be triggered by loops in the pavement that signal the presence of vehicles. The fix was to enable the front parking sensor only after the vehicle had first been put into reverse.

This seems to be the intended functionality with the F Pace, but after a period of time the front sensor function seems to time out and you must either put the vehicle into reverse or press the parking sensor button to make them active again.
If that were true I would be fine with it, but if you read previous posts in this thread it is an available function on MY18s. I would rather have them shoot some false positives occasionally when going at slow speeds than me manually have to activate it every time.

·
Registered
626 Posts
If that were true I would be fine with it, but if you read previous posts in this thread it is an available function on MY18s. I would rather have them shoot some false positives occasionally when going at slow speeds than me manually have to activate it every time.
Agreed! Specially having to put it reverse first, I can imagine the driver's face to your rear, horn a honkin.>:)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Agreed! Specially having to put it reverse first, I can imagine the driver's face to your rear, horn a honkin.>:)
This is the response I received earlier today, I will push slightly harder if someone manages to get it on here like dp but if not his response sounds legit and he is a very good service manager so I don't think it is BS.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts

Chris
Thanks - worked like a charm! I just set it in stop and go traffic.:)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
This is the response I received earlier today, I will push slightly harder if someone manages to get it on here like dp but if not his response sounds legit and he is a very good service manager so I don't think it is BS.
My car has been at the dealer for awhile now for various updates and service. This was one of the items on my list. That would kind of be crappy if only my18 since it’s the same system. I park in my driveway a lot and would really like to have this feature.

DP

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is from the E-Pace handbook, I assume it's the same for the F-Pace:

The parking aid system can be set to activate automatically for when:

• The vehicle’s speed falls below 10 km/h (6 mph).
  • Drive (D) is selected on an automatic transmission.
  • A transition to and away from Reverse (R) gear on a manual transmission.
To enable the auto on feature, select the settings icon (1) to access the PARKING AID SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select Automatic Front Parking Aid ON.
NOTES
The auto on feature selection is retained across all ignition cycles.

I've just realised this thread is a year old so I guess you have already found the solution, I'll leave this here, it might be useful to someone.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is frustrating. Why don't the front parking sensors activate automatically? In every other car I've owned it's automatic. What am I not doing with F-Pace? Is there some trick to it?
Not trick if the function is working. You might need a software fix.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I speak only for my 2017 S. No speed generated automatic activation of sensors. It is not available for retrofit.
Was initially disappointed, but after driving a 2018 XE with auto activation, I found it to be extremely annoying in traffic conditions, constantly beeping at me.
In my 2017, it has become second nature to press the parking aid icon when parking or in tight maneuvering situations while moving forward.
While reversing, it is automatically activated.

When reversing out of my garage, I push the Auto Stop Start Button and the Homelink garage door button(parking sensors are automatic).
When arriving back home, push the parking aid icon and the Homelink before pulling in the garage.

To summarize, I like the manual control better than having warnings that are not applicable to the situation at hand.

Reactions: Roadsterguy

·
Registered
363 Posts
The front parking sensor was automatically enabled on my 2006 RR Sport.

There was a bulletin to update the function for the sensors only to come on after the vehicle was put into reverse (I think the idea being the only really necessary time to use the front sensor function was parallel parking). This was because of false obstacle alerts.

I used to get spurious front beeps from traffic light loops in the ground if I happened to be stopped on one of them.

I told the dealer not to update the software (to what I see in my F Pace today)-the occasional warning beeps were OK-I preferred the auto-on front sensor.

But it IS amazing how impossible it is for JLR to enable the front sensor to work correctly full time, all the time.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts