Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
from the manual
USING THE PARKING AIDThe parking aid system can be set to activate automatically for when:

1. The vehicle’s speed falls below 6 mph (10 km/h).
  2. Drive (D) is selected for vehicles with an automatic transmission.
  3. Reverse (R) is selected for vehicles with a manual transmission.
To enable the auto on feature, on the touch screen select, the Settings icon to access the PARKING AID SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select Automatic PDC ON.
This may be a European feature only seeing that you are located in Germany... I think someone would have definitely discovered this already if it was available.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yesterday I was pulling out of a steep driveway onto the street. The car sensed the pavement ahead so I think it's working well on my '18 with 523 miles......... I got the audible and visual warning which interupted my music.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This may be a European feature only seeing that you are located in Germany... I think someone would have definitely discovered this already if it was available.
I posted this in another topic a few months ago. It's possible and in the manual for the 18's not the 17's.

:|

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I posted this in another topic a few months ago. It's possible and in the manual for the 18's not the 17's.

:|
WHAT?!?!?!?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This better be coming in an update

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
138 Posts
In order to get to the screen shown above by @frankynights , you need to be in either Drive or Reverse & close enough to something to be setting off the Parking Aids so that the window with the little "bumpers" to show you where you're close to something is up on the screen...
On THAT window, there will be a Settings gear icon in the lower righthand corner. Touch that Icon & then you will see the above window (in English).

Reactions: DPinTX

·
Registered
626 Posts
In order to get to the screen shown above by @frankynights , you need to be in either Drive or Reverse & close enough to something to be setting off the Parking Aids so that the window with the little "bumpers" to show you where you're close to something is up on the screen...
On THAT window, there will be a Settings gear icon in the lower righthand corner. Touch that Icon & then you will see the above window (in English).
It didn’t work for me:mad::mad::mad:; I only received a line that reads “Trajectory Lines On/Off”. I have MY2017 and have yet to update ICTP to 3.0, 3.1,3.5 or whatever patch is out now.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
If someone could PLEASE confirm if this is for 2018 MYs only or if it just depends on what ICTP version you have??? :confused::nerd:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Here a picture von the menue, you see in the second line aus=off and ein=on automatic parking front.
I just noticed his photo of the ICTP depicts the old seats cushions (2 vs 3), so I'm assuming it's specific to MY2018, which sucks if we can't get it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just had something interesting happen with my parking sensors, both front and rear. I was pulling into the bank drive through with a couple of cars ahead of me. My parking sensors activated automatically; I'm not complaining I love it! They kept sounding until the car ahead of me pulled away. Sadly, they ceased to function in this auto mode the remainder of my trip.

In my ever to be so humbled opinion, I think an owner should be able to opt in or out of this auto parking sensor feature. JLR can you hear me now? And @GRVR, no I didn't get permission to use that phrase ;-)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I just had something interesting happen with my parking sensors, both front and rear. I was pulling into the bank drive through with a couple of cars ahead of me. My parking sensors activated automatically; I'm not complaining I love it! They kept sounding until the car ahead of me pulled away. Sadly, they ceased to function in this auto mode the remainder of my trip.

In my ever to be so humbled opinion, I think an owner should be able to opt in or out of this auto parking sensor feature. JLR can you hear me now? And @GRVR, no I didn't get permission to use that phrase ;-)
So, let me just say......this happens to me everyday at Starbucks and I had no idea the MY17s didn't have this feature. I haven't really been following this thread while I was at the busier clinic last month. You can, btw, mute the incessant beeping or close the screen and let the beeping continue in the background until the car in front opens the gap up.

·
Registered
626 Posts
So, let me just say......this happens to me everyday at Starbucks and I had no idea the MY17s didn't have this feature. I haven't really been following this thread while I was at the busier clinic last month. You can, btw, mute the incessant beeping or close the screen and let the beeping continue in the background until the car in front opens the gap up.
I actually wish it did it all the time automatically. I wonder why it appears to happen in drive-thru situations? I wonder if it has to do with rear or cross traffic sensors picking up something. I'll have to play around with it some more, I wish they would come on automatically when I pull into my garage :D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I initially thought I would want it to come on automatically, but I actually think it could be annoying in bumper to bumper situations. I've trained myself to do the button push when pulling in the garage and it's now second nature. Same with pushing the stop/start when backing out. (haven't totally disabled it yet because I still want the option of using it in certain situations).

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
626 Posts
I initially thought I would want it to come on automatically, but I actually think it could be annoying in bumper to bumper situations. I've trained myself to do the button push when pulling in the garage and it's now second nature. Same with pushing the stop/start when backing out. (haven't totally disabled it yet because I still want the option of using it in certain situations).
I kind of agree, but I think the respective owners should be able to opt in or out of auto front parking sensors. I think there is way too much driver interaction with the vehicle with regard to parking, etc. I also think the vehicle approaching (mirrors) warning should activate a beep if a driver turns on a signal indicating he/she wants to merge into that lane.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I actually wish it did it all the time automatically. I wonder why it appears to happen in drive-thru situations? I wonder if it has to do with rear or cross traffic sensors picking up something. I'll have to play around with it some more, I wish they would come on automatically when I pull into my garage :D
It's the front sensors that set it off in the drive-thru....and the front side sensor. Whenever I get "close" to the car in front or even when it deems I am too close to the building wall, it starts beeping. I like the way it works in the garage, curse it everyday in the drive-thru. :laugh:

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
471 Posts
It is annoying for it to come on automatically. I prefer it doesn't so I'm perfectly ok with how the MY 17's are setup.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Did anyone figure out how keep the sensors on all the time?

Sorry. I'm feeling lazy today and unwilling to read all the posts. it's Friday...

41 - 60 of 83 Posts