Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is frustrating. Why don't the front parking sensors activate automatically? In every other car I've owned it's automatic. What am I not doing with F-Pace? Is there some trick to it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm interested in the reply here too. It seems inconsistent -- frequently it comes on automatically (for instance this morning while backing out of the garage), but there have been more than a handful of times where I've pulled into a tight space and it did not activate....

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is frustrating. Why don't the front parking sensors activate automatically? In every other car I've owned it's automatic. What am I not doing with F-Pace? Is there some trick to it?
1. Put it in reverse gear and come back to drive. The front parking sensors will remain active for some time.
2. Click this button. (Equivalent of this should be in your ICT Pro).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. Put it in reverse gear and come back to drive. The front parking sensors will remain active for some time.
2. Click this button. (Equivalent of this should be in your ICT Pro).
I tried the button. It is identical to the one that was in my Lexus, but it wouldn't stay lighted, meaning "working." Why do I have to back up first to get the forward parking sensors to work? That doesn't even make sense? What the **** is wrong with JLR? :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried the button. It is identical to the one that was in my Lexus, but it wouldn't stay lighted, meaning "working." Why do I have to back up first to get the forward parking sensors to work? That doesn't even make sense? What the **** is wrong with JLR? :(
The button should ideally work. I recall seeing it work on my Evoque. Will check on the F-Type today.

The reverse thing is just a trick / workaround. Also, front parking sensors activate when you are reversing to help parallel park and back out of a perpendicular parking spot.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Pushing the button definitely works... if it isn't for you, something is broken. Just push the parking sensor button and pull forward.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Pushing the button definitely works... if it isn't for you, something is broken. Just push the parking sensor button and pull forward.
Still shitty if it doesn't come on in reverse automatically. Definitely understand it won't come on automatically in D.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sometimes I get the warnings when I drive into my garage, other times nothing. Dont understand.

How do I permanently turn off the engine shut off feature? Talk about a worthless option. It always defaults to on when you start up.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like some of us are having problems, but its mostly with stuff like non-functioning wifi, or front parking sensors not sensoring consistently. At least we haven't heard about things like water leaks into the cabin and hoods that rattle to the point where the fix for awhile was a gluing a sponge like thing underneath to balance and stop the rattle. There were those problems and more when the Macan came out, in fact for the first couple of years. Our crap seems to be software related.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sometimes I get the warnings when I drive into my garage, other times nothing. Dont understand.

How do I permanently turn off the engine shut off feature? Talk about a worthless option. It always defaults to on when you start up.
Look in your Quick-Start Guide that came with the Owner's Handbook. There is a button below the gear change dial. It has a big fat A in a circle. It's either "autopilot" or "Auto start shut off." I don't think it's autopilot. :D

The problem is, you have to press that button every time you start to car to go somewhere. It defaults every time back to suto start stop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Look in your Quick-Start Guide that came with the Owner's Handbook. There is a button below the gear change dial. It has a big fat A in a circle. It's either "autopilot" or "Auto start shut off." I don't think it's autopilot. :D

The problem is, you have to press that button every time you start to car to go somewhere. It defaults every time back to suto start stop.
what about drive modes? my MB defaults to eco @ start and every time i need to press to go S and it annoys me >:)

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I asked about both of these features and was told they couldn't automatically turn off the auto off feature or keep the front parking assist on at all times. Seems unnatural to me. The Cayenne will do parking assist every time I pull forward at a low speed.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I asked about both of these features and was told they couldn't automatically turn off the auto off feature or keep the front parking assist on at all times. Seems unnatural to me. The Cayenne will do parking assist every time I pull forward at a low speed.
You don't need a Cayenne for that. Any General Motors late model will do that. I don't understand why the F-Pace isn't set up for this as a full-time feature. Geez. Why does it have to be complicated?:confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
You don't need a Cayenne for that. Any General Motors late model will do that. I don't understand why the F-Pace isn't set up for this as a full-time feature. Geez. Why does it have to be complicated?:confused:
Trek, have you tried pushing and holding the parking sensor for 10 seconds? In other Jags this switches the sensor to "auto on at low speeds". I haven't seen any documentation of this for the FP, but might be worth a try.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Trek, have you tried pushing and holding the parking sensor for 10 seconds? In other Jags this switches the sensor to "auto on at low speeds". I haven't seen any documentation of this for the FP, but might be worth a try.
mine was working great even when i pulled close to a cubit would top off but as of yesterday it hasn't been working as good or sometimes at all .I parked in the same spot the last couple days and the first few days it went off when i got close to the curb or the pole in between spots but as of yesterday nothing from either side ( Chalked it up to the rain ) But today nothing again . Today while sitting in the garage with car in drive and foot on brake i made my GF walk near the front of the car on the left side and they went off but not always when she was in the same spot . ( IDK it was something i tried to see how well and or if the sensors were working . ) . I didn't feel the sensors were consistant. i liked when they went off when was close to a curb . Hope they start working again like that .

·
Registered
12 Posts

That, and I also found out today that even if you turn it off, it will reset back to on if you change from any mode into ECO mode. I tend to drive in ECO and switch to Dynamic to pass/merge/have fun/etc. and then switch back to ECO. So that was an unpleasant little discovery. Probably says that somewhere in the manual but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Still no remorse though. Just have to work out the kinks and live with those you can't change I guess. I think later model owners will be extremely pleased: ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I get the same problem and for a car of this finesse and price not to have front parking sensors that come on automatically is just unacceptable. Love the F Pace but this sort of thing niggles.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts