Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on how to get this button back to smooooooth action?
What caused the sticking, you ask? . . . After hours of interrogation & water boarding, none of the recent drivers have confessed.
Sticky button.png

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
based on previous experience with spills in that area of a Jaguar... Remove it ASAP and clean it well!!!!
The previous owner of my '04 VDP spilled something there and it got into all of the connectors when I finally got it all clean I also got the repeated Transmission code to go away

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
That is one connector I have not removed. I know getting under the console by pulling the trim around the shifter isn't so hard, I'd start there if you are willing to take things apart, get them out of the car and use something non-caustic to clean it. The other option would be to try compressed air first. Just blow the heck out of that section and see if that improves anything before pulling things apart and adding some type of cleaner that could damage electronic connectors.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
It would be a little risky, but the 1st thing I'd try is some quick bursts of steam from a steam cleaner. If there is pop or something like that in there, the only 2 things that will clean it is hot water/steam or contact cleaner. the plastic may not like contact cleaner, too much steam could melt some thing but quick bursts should be fine. unfortunately disassembly may be in order....
We may be prudes or terrible parents, but we don't allow anything but water to drink while in the vehicles....Especially the Jag...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone . . . I tried compressed air and also contact cleaner earlier this week with no luck. Today, I took the car in for the quarterly inspection and mentioned the sticky button to the SA. He came back that it will be replaced under warranty. Surprise, Surprise !!!! Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,238 Posts
Thanks everyone . . . I tried compressed air and also contact cleaner earlier this week with no luck. Today, I took the car in for the quarterly inspection and mentioned the sticky button to the SA. He came back that it will be replaced under warranty. Surprise, Surprise !!!! Thanks again everyone.
That’s great customer service

·
Registered
332 Posts
the other drivers don’t need to know the problem is resolved-you might be able to get some mileage out of this-especially since it’s Valentine’s Day.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not sure that button is even needed. From Normal mode you should only be using the left button to get to Dynamic mode. No reason to use the right button for Eco or AdSR. :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Unless with the right button sticking, it always goes to from normal to Eco and you can't get it to Dynamic! Sometimes I wish the left button would stick.... I always hit the thing when starting the car anyway.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure that button is even needed. From Normal mode you should only be using the left button to get to Dynamic mode. No reason to use the right button for Eco or AdSR. :)
I do use AdSR for those snow days here in Denver. I agree on Eco . . . I didn't get the "S" with 380 HP to go all Eco on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts