Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting, does look a little like the F-Pace from the back.
That's becuase it is based on the F Pace. They could only do so much styling variation while maintaining the hard points of the platform. Hence the wide hips, pronounced tumblehome of the cabin (how the sides of the car get closer as they near the roof), and overall stance. Am very curious as to what the interior will look like, I think that's the weakest point of the F Pace. I'm also curious how they're going to differentiate the two models and pricing. The Evoque starts in low/mid 40's with the majority of F Paces going in the 50's to my knowledge. I guess LR is going after that mid 50-70 sweet spot as they continue to move the RR Sport upmarket and the RR into the stratosphere.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That's becuase it is based on the F Pace. They could only do so much styling variation while maintaining the hard points of the platform. Hence the wide hips, pronounced tumblehome of the cabin (how the sides of the car get closer as they near the roof), and overall stance. Am very curious as to what the interior will look like, I think that's the weakest point of the F Pace. I'm also curious how they're going to differentiate the two models and pricing. The Evoque starts in low/mid 40's with the majority of F Paces going in the 50's to my knowledge. I guess LR is going after that mid 50-70 sweet spot as they continue to move the RR Sport upmarket and the RR into the stratosphere.
Isn't the F-Pace about the same size as the Discovery Sport? They are saying the RR is between the Discovery Sport and Evoque, so maybe a little smaller than the F-Pace?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been slightly soured on Jag and have put off pulling the trigger. Looking at the Levante and Maccan. Someone care to "sell" me???

·
Registered
116 Posts
The F Pace is a little longer than the Disco Sport. The RR Velar will slot between the Evoque and RR Sport.

F Pace = 186.3"

Disco Sport = 180.7"
RR Evoque = 171.5"
RR Velar = 186.3"?
RR Sport = 191.8"

·
Registered
536 Posts
The F Pace is a little longer than the Disco Sport. The RR Velar will slot between the Evoque and RR Sport.

F Pace = 186.3"

Disco Sport = 180.7"
RR Evoque = 171.5"
RR Velar = 186.3"?
RR Sport = 191.8"
Your right when they mentioned Sport I thought they were referring to Discovery Sport but it is actually the RR Sport

1 - 8 of 8 Posts