Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a few FPace owners out there in the Denver/Boulder metro area, if you are ever in need of collision repairs the only certified JLR shop for aluminum body work is Johns Collision and repair. I would recommend you send your car somewhere else, pay to have it transported to Salt Lake City or one of the other certifies shops. Its now been 5 months and we still dont have our car back.

My F-Pace S was hit on the drivers side in October 2016 while parked at a stoplight. Due to Johns Collision being the only certified shop in Colorado for JLR parts we were forced to use them. Johns Collision provided us with a 6-8 week estimate on the repairs. Its now March 2017 and we still dont have our car back. Johns Collision has repeatedly made mistakes during the repair process with miss-scheduling resources and incorrectly ordering parts. Communication from Johns Collision has repeatedly been incorrect and/or misleading. It seems the shop runs a single lateral repair workflow process such that if you car is waiting on parts they stop all work, even if its unrelated to the parts they are waiting on. For example; they ordered incorrect parts for our door mirror and were waiting 3 weeks for the correct parts to arrive, once they received the parts they informed us the car was put together but they still needed to do an alignment to check for suspension damage. When they went to do the alignment they found out that they ordered Black wheels instead of Grey...keep in mind they claim they ordered these wheels 5 months ago and it took them this long to notice the mistake. We are now 3 weeks waiting for wheels, alignment still has not been checked so we are potentially in store for additional weeks.

Filed a complaint with the BBB and our insurance provider. The Progressive insurance adjusters are doing everything they can to help us out here, I should have listened to them back in December when they offered to have the car transported to Salt Lake City where the repair time was reasonable.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
That is unbelievable. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Thanks for the heads up as I am one of the Denver area FP owners.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
That is horrible. i'm sorry you are getting hit with this. Hopefully Progressive is being reasonable on the rental. I know they have limits on those rentals.

Raw deal for sure. Hopefully, when you finally get it back, the work will be done to an acceptable level. I would make sure you look and see what you can on that now. I would hate to get the wheels and then have to wait another month for them to straighten out a crappy, bubbly, pitted paint job.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sorry to hear. If this is a certified JLR shop, what about contacting the certifying organization - presumably JLR - to file a complaint? You went to these retards solely because of that certification, so what can the certifying organization do for you when the shop screws you over?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry for your misfortune. Having to wait 6-8 weeks for a repair like this is outrageous. I had similar damage to my Camaro a few years ago and it took about 3 weeks. They replaced the whole right body section aft of the windshield. No damage to the chassis or wheels, fortunately.
It seems like Jaguar does not have a body parts supply this side of the Atlantic. Hopefully they will in the near future. I am going to ask my dealer about that when I take it in for servicing in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear. If this is a certified JLR shop, what about contacting the certifying organization - presumably JLR - to file a complaint? You went to these retards solely because of that certification, so what can the certifying organization do for you when the shop screws you over?
I reached out to JLR today as well to let them know the experience.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Thanks for sharing. That picture is enough to make a grown man cry. My damage is minor compared to yours, but also took it to John's as per the dealer (only certified...). I hesitated, and have not had the work done yet, so your post is really good information. I hope you can get it all worked out, and the person who hit you is still in a cage.

Reactions: CyJag

·
Registered
76 Posts
OUCH! That sucks!:eek:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Your story and pictures makes my blood boil..Hope it's fixed to your liking soon.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Thank you for the heads up, Salt Lake it is if misfortune strikes. Hope you get some satisfaction eventually and suggest a yelp review as well.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm not in Denver, but it has me thinking......is there somewhere on the JLR website that has the certified body shops? I am curious where the closet one is to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quite a few FPace owners out there in the Denver/Boulder metro area, if you are ever in need of collision repairs the only certified JLR shop for aluminum body work is Johns Collision and repair. I would recommend you send your car somewhere else, pay to have it transported to Salt Lake City or one of the other certifies shops. Its now been 5 months and we still dont have our car back.

My F-Pace S was hit on the drivers side in October 2016 while parked at a stoplight. Due to Johns Collision being the only certified shop in Colorado for JLR parts we were forced to use them. Johns Collision provided us with a 6-8 week estimate on the repairs. Its now March 2017 and we still dont have our car back. Johns Collision has repeatedly made mistakes during the repair process with miss-scheduling resources and incorrectly ordering parts. Communication from Johns Collision has repeatedly been incorrect and/or misleading. It seems the shop runs a single lateral repair workflow process such that if you car is waiting on parts they stop all work, even if its unrelated to the parts they are waiting on. For example; they ordered incorrect parts for our door mirror and were waiting 3 weeks for the correct parts to arrive, once they received the parts they informed us the car was put together but they still needed to do an alignment to check for suspension damage. When they went to do the alignment they found out that they ordered Black wheels instead of Grey...keep in mind they claim they ordered these wheels 5 months ago and it took them this long to notice the mistake. We are now 3 weeks waiting for wheels, alignment still has not been checked so we are potentially in store for additional weeks.

Filed a complaint with the BBB and our insurance provider. The Progressive insurance adjusters are doing everything they can to help us out here, I should have listened to them back in December when they offered to have the car transported to Salt Lake City where the repair time was reasonable.

Very sorry to see that you are going thru so much trouble with your FP.

I manage 5 collision centers in South Jersey and Philly, one of my shops is JLR certified for non structural repair.

Damage to your FP is certainly pretty extensive, particularly the way the A Pillar looks.

Parts supply is a challenge in the industry, specially on brand new models. Not unheard off to wait 4-5 months on a seatbelt, or an airbag. One of my Philly shops sat on a Volvo 5 months waiting on a mirror.

I do not know the particulars of the shop doing the repairs, but from extensive experience I can say that JLR as a company is way below par when it comes to parts distribution or even having the correct information for vehicle options. With any manufacturer the vin of the vehicle provides them with the entrire built sheet with all options on the vehicle. Somehow with Jag and Land Rover they always have the info wrong. Wrong parts are shipped after waiting excessive periods of time. I have 4 different Jag dealers that deliver to my shops and it doesn't make any difference. This is a problem with JLR as a whole.

The difficult time that my company has fixing these cars almost kept me away from buying my FP-S.

I wish you the best of luck with your FP, I would suggest a post repair inspection and a diminished value claim.

P.S. when we have excessive delays due to parts normally the vehicle maker steps up and picks up the rental bill or offers a loaner. Once again best of luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very sorry to see that you are going thru so much trouble with your FP.

I manage 5 collision centers in South Jersey and Philly, one of my shops is JLR certified for non structural repair.

Damage to your FP is certainly pretty extensive, particularly the way the A Pillar looks.

Parts supply is a challenge in the industry, specially on brand new models. Not unheard off to wait 4-5 months on a seatbelt, or an airbag. One of my Philly shops sat on a Volvo 5 months waiting on a mirror.

I do not know the particulars of the shop doing the repairs, but from extensive experience I can say that JLR as a company is way below par when it comes to parts distribution or even having the correct information for vehicle options. With any manufacturer the vin of the vehicle provides them with the entrire built sheet with all options on the vehicle. Somehow with Jag and Land Rover they always have the info wrong. Wrong parts are shipped after waiting excessive periods of time. I have 4 different Jag dealers that deliver to my shops and it doesn't make any difference. This is a problem with JLR as a whole.

The difficult time that my company has fixing these cars almost kept me away from buying my FP-S.

I wish you the best of luck with your FP, I would suggest a post repair inspection and a diminished value claim.

P.S. when we have excessive delays due to parts normally the vehicle maker steps up and picks up the rental bill or offers a loaner. Once again best of luck.
Interesting to know. Some of the delays have been related to JLR parts distribution issues but many of them have been the fault of the shop. If you had a customer going through this experience, who exactly would you contact at the vehicle manufacture to cover a rental for example? Its a little late now but it would be handy to know. The shop never offered this despite us repeatedly asking, we were hit by an uninsured driver and our insurance rental car coverage ended after 30 days.

We actually just had a baby and the F-Pace was our only car that could hold an infant car seat. Because of this I was forced to buy another used car in the mean time with the intention of selling it when we get the F-Pace back.

And you are correct on the A Pillar damage, the first 3 months of waiting was because of the shop having such a large backlog of repairs requiring the only lift/frame mount capable of repairing our A Pillar with.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Its a little late now but it would be handy to know.
I would have to think that it is NEVER "too late" ! If you have Receipts from renting a vehicle , make copies of them , so when you are ready to deal with JLR over this , send them the copies and tell them you feel you should be Reimbursed for the Rentals !
You have already been through enough *Pain & Suffering* , you shouldn't have to pay for a rental on top of everything you've been through already !
Just a thought ! :|

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting to know. Some of the delays have been related to JLR parts distribution issues but many of them have been the fault of the shop. If you had a customer going through this experience, who exactly would you contact at the vehicle manufacture to cover a rental for example? Its a little late now but it would be handy to know. The shop never offered this despite us repeatedly asking, we were hit by an uninsured driver and our insurance rental car coverage ended after 30 days.
we would contact the manufacturer customer relationship department. This tends to be a little bit involved, and normally we have to hit them from different fronts, for example the customer would need to contact customer relations, our shop would contact them as well on behalf of the customer, we would also ask the dealership we are getting the parts from to produce a document on the parts that are back ordered and an ETA (if available). We would request the dealership to step up and pay for the rental or at least contact customer relations on our behalf and the customers behalf, we have even gotten help from the insurance company to pressure the manufacturer to pay for rental or provide a loaner.

The main thing as a shop is to be proactive, persistent and get everyone on the same page from the very beginning as the process can be time consuming.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The main thing as a shop is to be proactive, persistent and get everyone on the same page from the very beginning as the process can be time consuming.
Spoken like someone who seems to have a good grasp of customer service. I pray that I'm never put in this situation, but if I am hope to deal with a repair shop as competent as yours. Thanks for sharing your perspective and confirming the existence of shops who actually care about the satisfaction of the customer.

Reactions: Muy Loco and GRVR

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
This breaks my heart :( Sounds like you were all safe and I hope you are recovering well. Having just been through claims, body shop issues etc. And now knowing what the cost of repairs and work involved would have been I have to ask.. did you get the F-PACE back yet? and what was your final repair bill (if you don't mind me asking)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts