Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many (from what I can understand) I have problems programming my homelink buttons. I have three remotes for three buttons;
1. Condo entrance gate
2. Office warehouse garage
3. Home garage

I believe only #3 is a rolling code and there should extra steps but its the lowest in terms of priority. I probably read most posts on most forums but for some reason still getting it wrong. Can someone provide solutions that worked for them? The security guys would appreciate it, they are most likely tired of my "im sorry" waves

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wish I could help...didn't have issues following the instructions for my home garage in the owners manual.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
I had a heck of a time getting mine working with my telluride condo garage and had same on 4Runner homelink. I found the best instructions on the Homelink site. An example attached below. For me steps 5,6,7 were key to getting it to work. Again, this is only a sample instruction. Go to the Homelink site for getting specific printed and YouTube instructions.

HomeLink

·
Registered
99 Posts
Like many (from what I can understand) I have problems programming my homelink buttons. I have three remotes for three buttons;
1. Condo entrance gate
2. Office warehouse garage
3. Home garage

I believe only #3 is a rolling code and there should extra steps but its the lowest in terms of priority. I probably read most posts on most forums but for some reason still getting it wrong. Can someone provide solutions that worked for them? The security guys would appreciate it, they are most likely tired of my "im sorry" waves
It's really no different than any car I have had in the past. The key is to know if you have rolling codes for your opener or just simple programming. Most newer garage openers have rolling codes so it is an extra step. First off, clear all codes in the car by holding button 1 and 3 simultaneously for 20 - 30 seconds until it clears and flashes. That just empties any previous programming.
Then hold down the button you want to program and I assume you have the remote in your other hand, just program the homelink button at the same time. I believe the flashing is slow first, but then gets rapid flashes when programmed. It may be the other way around from rapid to slow. Not positive. That is step one.
Now you need to program the physical garage unit. Since your homelink now has the same programming as the physical remote, just hit the learn button on the garage opener, and push the homelink button you just programmed. It should program without issues. Just repeat the process for buttons 2 & 3. Hope that helps...

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
It's really no different than any car I have had in the past. The key is to know if you have rolling codes for your opener or just simple programming. Most newer garage openers have rolling codes so it is an extra step. First off, clear all codes in the car by holding button 1 and 3 simultaneously for 20 - 30 seconds until it clears and flashes. That just empties any previous programming.
Then hold down the button you want to program and I assume you have the remote in your other hand, just program the homelink button at the same time. I believe the flashing is slow first, but then gets rapid flashes when programmed. It may be the other way around from rapid to slow. Not positive. That is step one.
Now you need to program the physical garage unit. Since your homelink now has the same programming as the physical remote, just hit the learn button on the garage opener, and push the homelink button you just programmed. It should program without issues. Just repeat the process for buttons 2 & 3. Hope that helps...
If my foggy memory on this is correct, on that last step I had to hit my homelink button a couple of times then it took.

·
Registered
173 Posts
This worked for me also. Maybe the extra step is with them at the gate...

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I didn't have much of a challenge getting this to work on with my LiftMaster Garage Door Openers, my BMW and my F-Pace pretty much were pretty easy to do and I followed the same instructions. The Liftmasters have a rolling code, so if you have that situation it's very important your follow the instructions for your opener as well specifically.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help, im going to give it another go.

I didn't have any problems with my BMW and MB before, it was very easy. For some reason I can't get it right on the F-pace

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the help, im going to give it another go.

I didn't have any problems with my BMW and MB before, it was very easy. For some reason I can't get it right on the F-pace
Just a thought but ignition has to be on if it's been off for awhile for buttons to work...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Has anyone noticed you have to push the home link buttons fairly stiffly to get them to actuate the garage door?
My wife sometimes has to push it so hard it actually moves her mirror out of adjustment.. does that make sense?
It did program easily, and seems to work well, but you really have to push it !

I'd like it better if these buttons were on a console, say near the sunglass holder....

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
That might be the case but what I do to solve that issue is to put 3 or 4 fingers on the top of the mirror and use my thumb to push the button. Usually keeps the mirror in place. Just a thought.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
To get mine working the last step for me was to push the learning button on the opner ( mine stays on for 30 seconds) I then pushed the button on the mirror several time and the door stared to open.

To reset the mirrors press button 1 and 3 at the same time for about 20 seconds that will clear all the settings and let you reprogram them. It took me several tries over a few days to finially get it to work

DP

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Has anyone noticed you have to push the home link buttons fairly stiffly to get them to actuate the garage door?
My wife sometimes has to push it so hard it actually moves her mirror out of adjustment.. does that make sense?
It did program easily, and seems to work well, but you really have to push it !

I'd like it better if these buttons were on a console, say near the sunglass holder....
I've noticed this too.....had issues programming it originally as well. What I see is that if you're just getting the front of the button, more often that not, the door won't open. You have to really push the center or more the back, not necessarily with more force though, so I think the outside rubber on the switch must not catch the internal component if your finger is just glancing the front edge.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
These mirrors with homelink are made by a company called gentex. When touching the button, you have to place your finger on the button and pull back and up, If you look at the button its at an angle and thin in the front thick in the back. once you figure out how to touch it, then it will open with a light touch.

DP

Reactions: MTGRL
1 - 14 of 14 Posts