Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum and have been reading about and looking at the SVR for some time now. I have test drove one, a 2019 and loved it, however it had 51k miles on it. I was wondering if anyone has one with higher mileage and what types of issues or things they have run into that my help me better make a sound decision on if to buy it or not, because the price has finally come down to a reasonable, for me, amount. I don't see many for sale with miles past the 60K mark very often when searching around the US, and was wondering do people love theirs so much that they keep them, or do people just not put the miles on them and that is why no real discussions on the higher mileage SVR exists right now. I defiantly would love to hear anything, small or large quirks, and if anyone has one past 70K miles. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Two things:
#1. Get an independent inspection done on the vehicle before purchasing. Check tires, brakes, all fluids, check for any recalls, check Carfax, and check service history. If anything sounds fishy, walk.

#2. Extended warranty. You'd basically be buying it with almost no factory warranty remaining, and this is a vehicle I would not purchase without some sort of extended warranty.

Keep this in mind: Everyone gets rid of a vehicle for a reason. It's your job to find out why, then make the decision whether you still want to purchase it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
177 Posts
It is a great car. Mine is almost 3 years old and has 20k miles on it. It has only gone to the shop for its annual oil changes and an O2 sensor. The maintenance that it get goes up a lot when the "free" maintenance ends. Make sure your are not gonna get a $3000 bill a month after you buy the car. The brakes might be $4000 if you need disks too, and the tires are about $450 each. I wouldn't own the car without a warrantee. I would price that out too. It seems like when it does brake, it is huge.

·
Registered
220 Posts
This may not help you, but I haven't read on these forums that the F-Pace SVR suffers from any high-mileage maladies that are unique to the SVR. Just the same wear & tear stuff that would apply to all high-mileage F-Paces in general, except the consumables like brakes and tires would obviously be more expensive. The engine itself is an older proven design.

Reactions: Red_rooster9

·
Registered
621 Posts
I too thought about this before I purchased a 20' SVR. Although I haven't had any significant repairs, everything that the other posters have mentioned seems very true. This Aj133 engine should be fine. The early issues (e.g. water pump, timing chain tensioners) have been redesigned and should not prematurely wear. Plastics parts like coolant pipes or sensors may be a relatively cheap part, but the labour is not. A warranty is almost essential with these complex vehicles. Just think that this car has x6 o2 sensors and they can go at any time after 60k.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace Type-S First Edition
22 Posts
I have an 2017 F pace Type S first edition (precursor to the SVR). I bought it with 17,500 miles on it. It just passed 90,000 miles last week. I have had the same challenges as everyone else: brakes, o2 sensor, and a coolant leak. All were under my warranty period. Have replaced tires twice since buying it [I drive fast around turns lol]. That being said she is great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum and have been reading about and looking at the SVR for some time now. I have test drove one, a 2019 and loved it, however it had 51k miles on it. I was wondering if anyone has one with higher mileage and what types of issues or things they have run into that my help me better make a sound decision on if to buy it or not, because the price has finally come down to a reasonable, for me, amount. I don't see many for sale with miles past the 60K mark very often when searching around the US, and was wondering do people love theirs so much that they keep them, or do people just not put the miles on them and that is why no real discussions on the higher mileage SVR exists right now. I defiantly would love to hear anything, small or large quirks, and if anyone has one past 70K miles. Thanks in advance.
I bought my 20d at 65,000 miles. crazy, I know. I enjoy the 30-44 mpg. Had a thermometer fail and that was it until 87,000 miles. Turbocharger blew. It is now fixed - I have driven 200 miles and all seems to be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts