Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
941 Posts
Took delivery in December 2016. Currently have 32K miles. No issues whatsoever, and I have a diesel, lol. Love this car so far.

· Registered
1,468 Posts
Hello;
Just purchased a 2018 S with a little over 14K on the clock! So Far so good!!
We had to replace our original FP because of accident damage!
57Chevyguy
this is not meant to upset or offend you in any way I am just genuinely curious.
If I remember correctly you were pretty upset about the crash performance on your previous F-PACE so I'm wondering what happened to make you purchase a second one as a replacement?

· Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Feb 20th 2017 - 52k miles

Will be about 54k at the 2 year mark. Will be out of warranty by June this year. Will be in another vehicle by the end of the year and around 65-70k miles when it's sold.
Any issues? Has the covered service met your standards?

· Registered
234 Posts
Any issues? Has the covered service met your standards?

Only issue I've had outside of the infotainment system is creaks and rattles. Some that have developed recently while others have been around since delivery. They've never been able to fix them. However, I assume that these won't exist if someone bought a new model today.

In regards to service standards, if you add in the issues with the infotainment system then I would say service is questionable at best. If you remove that particular system from the question then they did everything I expected them too. I don't feel either dealership I've been to hires very good service reps. I've gotten better customer service from the local Chevy dealer.

· Registered
2,795 Posts
Only issue I've had outside of the infotainment system is creaks and rattles. Some that have developed recently while others have been around since delivery. They've never been able to fix them. However, I assume that these won't exist if someone bought a new model today.

In regards to service standards, if you add in the issues with the infotainment system then I would say service is questionable at best. If you remove that particular system from the question then they did everything I expected them too. I don't feel either dealership I've been to hires very good service reps. I've gotten better customer service from the local Chevy dealer.
I've had the same issue with Squeaks and Rattles, but for the most part I've been able to sort through most of them myself. Here are the main culprits:

- Door and rear hatch seal, keep them clean and dirt free, especially those at the bottom of the door. Use a good rubber dressing on them to keep them lubricated. this keeps most of the creaks down.
- Window tracks. Especially in the winter when you don't put the windows down so much, the windows tend to seat themselves in the track tightly and then end up creaking over bumps. I normally open them a crack and right back up at least once a week and that stays ahead of the creaking.

With that said, I've sorted a couple of metal creaks under the dash and between dash panels with felt tape and silicone spray. With 44k miles, mine is mostly quiet sans one creak over bigger bumps on the passenger side by the side airbag inflator. neither the dealership nor I can sort that one, not sure what is making the noise.

With that said, I hope you are right strohw with most of these being sorted (other than the door seals) in the new car. I'm hoping my SVR is much quieter, so I can hear that sweet sounding v8. :)

· Registered
209 Posts
2017 S, 69147 miles

Reactions: GRVR and VZX-CO

· Registered
202 Posts
You guys are lightweights! 96k and still kicking. No service issues. Replaced brake pads and rotors at 85k.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
2017 20D. 88,068 for me. No issues aside regular maintenance. Tow boats quite often.
This is good to hear... No issues with emissions system, DEF system, or DPF filter not regenerating? That's the #1 diesel early failure Point. If all good that is heartening....Towing does help to clean them out, that is good for them really...

Reactions: undymm

· Registered
19 Posts
scored a clean well maintained 18' FPS from carmax just over 105k, i've been shopping for a VSC all week while waiting for paperwork to arrive but after reading this thread realizing that i'm going to know before most of you how reliable this model is in the higher mileage ranges so I want to be fully prepared for any surprises.

I know most of them are crap but CarChex is on my short list, any advice on who's worth the money and won't leave me stuck would be greatly appreciated. The previous owner didn't opt for the extended warranty and most of my local jag mechanics don't recommend any of them and had all kinds of stories. Many VSC's don't offer anything for Jaguar too. I might do a post about it if I don't find anything new under the sun or after searching here but happy to be part of the jag family and say goodbye to bmw/audi! Funny enough I originally wanted a Discovery until I learned how unreliable Land Rovers are only to still be a part of "Jaguar Land Rover" in the end lol hope I made a good choice, sucks to know my mechanic friends can't work on it thus my desire for a VSC.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts