Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, been browsing f-paces for a few weeks now and starting to like the look and specs more and more. What caught my eye at first was the blue first edition as I imagine that's what hooked most you guys in as well.

Anyway...my price range is looking to top out about 50k, could go 51-52 but would rather not stretch it any farther. Hoping to get a 3.0 Premium with black 5 spoke wheels in one of the few colors I have narrowed it down to.

How is Jaguar on letting you order or swap out wheels on a new model? I see a few premiums for 48k with the standard wheels I don't like. I think I found two with black wheels but missing a couple options. Wonder if they could order the 22" ones that came on the first day edition :) (joking, don't think I would pay the price they ask lol)

Any incentives ever offered such as rebates/cash back ? Never dealt with Jaguar before! I plan on going out this weekend to check out a few.

Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome, Shockwave! The easiest way to figure all this out is to go to the Jaguar web site and use the configuration tool. You can play around with all the options and see what works for you. I spent at least a couple of weeks doing that before I decided what I wanted, and a couple more to make sure. ;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I agree with Thunder. The Jaguar USA configuration site is your best friend to help you figure it out. By the way, whereabouts are you in New Hampshire? I used to live in Nashua. Loved the license plate moto: "Live Free or Die." Lived in New Hampshire with my bride when I first got married and gave up my wandering ways. We had our first apartment in Nashua in a brand new complex full of yuppies (like we were). :) The oldest of my three kids was conceived and born in New Hampshire. It was in the "Live Free or Die" state that on the way to the hospital so my wife could have our baby at 3 am in the dark, that I ran over and killed a skunk. The stench that instantly filled our car was almost unbearable. I pulled up to the emergency room entrance, jumped out of the car, and saw a piece of black and white skunk tail stuck in the wheel. My wife was screaming at me because the baby was coming out and I'm cursing at dead skunk pieces stuck to our car.

Weird memories of New Hampshire. The White Mountains were awesome. We went up there before the baby arrived.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I think *TRUMP* ended up *WINNING* New Hampshire !!! >:)
Ooops ! Just *GR* thinking out loud again !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hi, been browsing f-paces for a few weeks now and starting to like the look and specs more and more. What caught my eye at first was the blue first edition as I imagine that's what hooked most you guys in as well.

Anyway...my price range is looking to top out about 50k, could go 51-52 but would rather not stretch it any farther. Hoping to get a 3.0 Premium with black 5 spoke wheels in one of the few colors I have narrowed it down to.

How is Jaguar on letting you order or swap out wheels on a new model? I see a few premiums for 48k with the standard wheels I don't like. I think I found two with black wheels but missing a couple options. Wonder if they could order the 22" ones that came on the first day edition :) (joking, don't think I would pay the price they ask lol)

Any incentives ever offered such as rebates/cash back ? Never dealt with Jaguar before! I plan on going out this weekend to check out a few.

Thanks!
Matt
I asked multiple dealers around me about swapping wheels. My F-pace was brand new when I asked so it wasn't like they were all scratched up, every dealer I asked (including my own) said they would not take on the responsibility of selling a new car with wheels that were not originally ordered with the car. So I would bet that you will not have any luck trading wheels. Now they will of course sell you the desired wheels.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Thanks!
Matt
I have a premium model.

Notes: no keyless entry, vanity lights, glovebox lights, or rear seat armrest.

Wheels: I have the standard wheels. They look good. You could get them powder coated if you want. Probably cheaper. If not I might skip black wheels being that your budget is 50 k and get some packages instead.

Packages: being that you live in new Hampshire i suggest cold weather. This gets you heated seats a necessity in new Hampshire and a heated windshield. I also recommend vision package so you get an upgrade from the base halogen lights into the j blades that will vastly improve the exterior look over the wheels. Also navigation for 500 is a must have on a luxury car in my opinion. Even if you use yours phone.

Negotiation: I recommend 1k off at least there was a price jump of 1k so I would try and get 1 thousand off. That puts you around 50k.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Highlty recommend you avoid upping the wheels over other potential options because the wheels are a very exensive upgrade compared to other possibilitiesfrom the aftermarket. As an example you could get a set of flowforms with summer tires and use the stock wheels for winter and come out ahead of the most expensive option. This is without even counting the resale of the HRE's which are one of the few wheels you can actually get decent money for when you move the car on the stock wheels. That would also allow you to stay away from 22s which hurt performance. You can also spend less and get decent wheels from other makers but I'd avoid the cheap stuff which can be poor quality. Lastly wheels are one thing you can add later without problem. That doesn't hold true of many of the option packages which can be very expensive or even impossible to upgrade to later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Highlty recommend you avoid upping the wheels over other potential options because the wheels are a very exensive upgrade compared to other possibilitiesfrom the aftermarket. As an example you could get a set of flowforms with summer tires and use the stock wheels for winter and come out ahead of the most expensive option. This is without even counting the resale of the HRE's which are one of the few wheels you can actually get decent money for when you move the car on the stock wheels. That would also allow you to stay away from 22s which hurt performance. You can also spend less and get decent wheels from other makers but I'd avoid the cheap stuff which can be poor quality. Lastly wheels are one thing you can add later without problem. That doesn't hold true of many of the option packages which can be very expensive or even impossible to upgrade to later.
Thanks, I realize most of that. Wheels make the car I am firm believer of that. A 20k car can look like junk but a nice set of wheels on it and looks totally different.

Anyway I think I have settled on the oddysey red with black 5 spoke. Found one local listed at 50k, 3.0/Premium.

50k is the very top of my range, would really prefer not to spend that but who knows once I walk in there.

Another jag dealer sent me some lease options as I said I wasn't really interested in a lease but would entertain any current offers. Came back with $4500 down and only 7500 miles a year!?! Wtf?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks, I realize most of that. Wheels make the car I am firm believer of that. A 20k car can look like junk but a nice set of wheels on it and looks totally different.

Anyway I think I have settled on the oddysey red with black 5 spoke. Found one local listed at 50k, 3.0/Premium.

50k is the very top of my range, would really prefer not to spend that but who knows once I walk in there.

Another jag dealer sent me some lease options as I said I wasn't really interested in a lease but would entertain any current offers. Came back with $4500 down and only 7500 miles a year!?! Wtf?

Once you start driving it....those 7500 miles will just fly! ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am sure they can give you an amazing lease payment with 1000 miles a year. Yes...wtf indeed.
Sadly the 3yr/1k mi option still only has a 62% residual so payments are still painful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts