Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Snookered;[snoo k-er, snoo-ker] /ˈsnʊk ər, ˈsnu kər/

noun
1. a variety of pool played with 15 red balls and 6 balls of colors other than red, in which a player must shoot one of the red balls, each with a point value of 1, into a pocket before shooting at one of the other balls, with point values of from 2 to 7.

verb (used with object)
2. Slang. to deceive, cheat, or dupe: to be snookered by a mail order company

So, you're saying MTHM only has half his balls or was half cheated..>:)
Not another English lesson!!!:)
It must be an Eastern Shore thing (snookered).
In England they like to say "legless", which I kind of like:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not another English lesson!!!:)
It must be an Eastern Shore thing (snookered).
In England they like to say "legless", which I kind of like:D
legless |ˈlɛɡləs|
adjective
1 having no legs: caecilians are legless amphibians that resemble worms.
2 British informal extremely drunk: he was legless after his booze-up at a nightclub.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
legless |ˈlɛɡləs|
adjective
2 British informal extremely drunk: he was legless after his booze-up at a nightclub.
Hey Kubota, that dictionary of yours works pretty good bro:)

Reactions: Kubota

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
legless |ˈlɛɡləs|
adjective
Night quite there matey..In jolly ole England, they are referred to as PUBS (Public Union of Beer Suckers):laugh:

Reactions: Kubota

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks like I'll need to carry a container of gas with me in the FP. I often run my Grand Cherokee for 40 miles or more after it hits "0 to empty."

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jman , this is mainly to prove to you , that *GR* tells it like it is !!! ;)
And also , for the few others on here that state they are only getting *8-mpg* or only going *150-250 miles* between fill ups !!!

Well , it took a little longer then I expected , as we are only driving it on weekends wherever we go !!!

The first photo is of the Dash Gauges three weekends ago when we filled up with Gas ! Notice the Odometer says *7440* total miles , and the Dash says *367- miles to empty* !

The second photo is from yesterday , when I finally got it down to *0-miles to empty* and filled up again ! We actually got to the BJ's Wholesale Club with *6-miles to empty* , so for Jman's benefit , I went an extra three miles past it , and then three miles back , just so the Dash would say *0-miles to empty* ! I actually went about 1/2 mile after it stated *0-miles to empty* ! I have done this on other vehicles , and as I have stated before , I am only willing to go that far because I know exactly where the filling station is and that I can make it there !
Also in the second photo you will see the Odometer says *7799* total miles !

The third photo shows the Pump Reading of *16.034-Gallons* !

Now , if you will notice , the *miles to empty* reached *0* BEFORE going *367-miles* as shown in the first photo ! But the Odometer shows that the total miles traveled went from *7440* to *7799* , for a total of *359* miles driven on this tank of gas ! If I had drove around the BJ's Lot for 10-seconds , I could have easily made the Odometer say *7800* total miles , which would be the *360-miles per tank* !!!

So , *360-miles* DIVIDED BY *16.034-gallons* = *22.5-mpg* !!! And that is in *ECO-Mode* approx. *100%* of the time !!!

If you look close enough at the second photo , you will see that even the little RED box at the bottom of the Fuel Level Gauge DISAPPEARS !!! :eek:
When it comes to *Fuel Consumption* , I *KNOW* the Limits of my F-Pace !!! >:)

Bottom Line is , if some of you out there are really ONLY getting *8-mpg* , or ONLY being able to go *150-250* miles between fill ups , then it is because of your *Driving Habits* , or you need to get your Car CHECKED OUT !!! 0:)

GR, although you consistently crack me up with your goofy replies and smiley faces, this is a very meaningful contribution. Nice job, fellow Marylander!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts