Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jman , this is mainly to prove to you , that *GR* tells it like it is !!! ;)
And also , for the few others on here that state they are only getting *8-mpg* or only going *150-250 miles* between fill ups !!!

Well , it took a little longer then I expected , as we are only driving it on weekends wherever we go !!!

The first photo is of the Dash Gauges three weekends ago when we filled up with Gas ! Notice the Odometer says *7440* total miles , and the Dash says *367- miles to empty* !

The second photo is from yesterday , when I finally got it down to *0-miles to empty* and filled up again ! We actually got to the BJ's Wholesale Club with *6-miles to empty* , so for Jman's benefit , I went an extra three miles past it , and then three miles back , just so the Dash would say *0-miles to empty* ! I actually went about 1/2 mile after it stated *0-miles to empty* ! I have done this on other vehicles , and as I have stated before , I am only willing to go that far because I know exactly where the filling station is and that I can make it there !
Also in the second photo you will see the Odometer says *7799* total miles !

The third photo shows the Pump Reading of *16.034-Gallons* !

Now , if you will notice , the *miles to empty* reached *0* BEFORE going *367-miles* as shown in the first photo ! But the Odometer shows that the total miles traveled went from *7440* to *7799* , for a total of *359* miles driven on this tank of gas ! If I had drove around the BJ's Lot for 10-seconds , I could have easily made the Odometer say *7800* total miles , which would be the *360-miles per tank* !!!

So , *360-miles* DIVIDED BY *16.034-gallons* = *22.5-mpg* !!! And that is in *ECO-Mode* approx. *100%* of the time !!!

If you look close enough at the second photo , you will see that even the little RED box at the bottom of the Fuel Level Gauge DISAPPEARS !!! :eek:
When it comes to *Fuel Consumption* , I *KNOW* the Limits of my F-Pace !!! >:)

Bottom Line is , if some of you out there are really ONLY getting *8-mpg* , or ONLY being able to go *150-250* miles between fill ups , then it is because of your *Driving Habits* , or you need to get your Car CHECKED OUT !!! 0:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
And also , for the few others on here that state they are only getting *8-mpg* or only going *150-250 miles* between fill ups !!!

Well , it took a little longer then I expected , as we are only driving it on weekends wherever we go !!!

The first photo is of the Dash Gauges three weekends ago when we filled up with Gas ! Notice the Odometer says *7440* total miles , and the Dash says *367- miles to empty* !

The second photo is from yesterday , when I finally got it down to *0-miles to empty* and filled up again ! We actually got to the BJ's Wholesale Club with *6-miles to empty* , so for Jman's benefit , I went an extra three miles past it , and then three miles back , just so the Dash would say *0-miles to empty* ! I actually went about 1/2 mile after it stated *0-miles to empty* ! I have done this on other vehicles , and as I have stated before , I am only willing to go that far because I know exactly where the filling station is and that I can make it there !

Now , if you will notice , the *miles to empty* reached *0* BEFORE going *367-miles* as shown in the first photo ! But the Odometer shows that the total miles traveled went from *7440* to *7799* , for a total of *359* miles driven on this tank of gas ! If I had drove around the BJ's Lot for 10-seconds , I could have easily made the Odometer say *7800* total miles , which would be the *360-miles per tank* !!!

So , *360-miles* DIVIDED BY *16.034-gallons* = *22.5-mpg* !!! And that is in *ECO-Mode* approx. *100%* of the time !!!

If you look close enough at the second photo , you will see that even the little RED box at the bottom of the Fuel Level Gauge DISAPPEARS !!! :eek:

Bottom Line is , if some of you out there are really ONLY getting *8-mpg* , or ONLY being able to go *150-250* miles between fill ups , then it is because of your *Driving Habits* , or you need to get your Car CHECKED OUT !!! 0:)
I don't believe it! >:). These must be photoshopped. There is no way the F-Pace gets more the. 8MPG >:):D

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe it! >:). These must be photoshopped. There is no way the F-Pace gets more the. 8MPG >:):D
I still own a *Flip-Phone* , do you really think I know how to *PhotoShop* ??? >:)

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
I still own a *Flip-Phone* , do you really think I know how to *PhotoShop* ??? >:)
Probably not but you still had almost 1/2 a gallon left, You should have seen if it would have run on fumes.;) Nice work.:) Although your Photoshop iskills are not up to par. Keep working on it.>:)>:)

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but you still had almost 1/2 a gallon left, ;) Nice work.
*GR* may not know how to *Photo Shop* , but at least he knows how to *Calculate* !!!

16.6 Gallons MINUS 16.034 Gallons = .566 , that is OVER 1/2 a gallon left , Sir !!! >:)

I will chalk that miscalculation of yours up to *Not Enough Sleep* ! Now Go To Bed !!! ;)

I hope the *Nice Work* part was sincere , if so , THANKS !!! 0:)

·
Registered
516 Posts
That's what I call empirical evidence, good sir!

Now..I will be stomping on mine quite regularly and don't anticipate getting this maxed out fuel range, but that's my problem.

Well done.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

GR... it is going to take A LOT more than a obviously photoshopped image to convince me you can get upwards of 360 miles on one tank of gas. Nice try though ;)>:)

I am now regularly getting 300/305 range when I fill up... a tear ran down my cheek when I saw that

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I must say..That is a pretty disgustingly dirty screen you got there, I'd be embarrassed to show that., with all the dried spittle spots and god knows what else that has been hacked-up on to that screen...And don't use the lame excuse it the wife's car...:eek:

Gag...

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I must say..That is a pretty disgustingly dirty screen you got there, I'd be embarrassed to show that., with all the dried spittle spots and god knows what else that has been hacked-up on to that screen...And don't use the lame excuse it the wife's car...:eek: Gag...
Umm , it's the filling station pump !!! Do you really think I would TOUCH it ???

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
LOL. I get 19.5 around town, and I mash the throttle from most stops, right up to 4k when it changes gear, every gear! LOL

I can get 22.x mpg on long trips to GRVR's neck of the woods. Rt 301 through Delaware and the Maryland eastern shore is a great road for great mileage, since the troopers patrol it like the president is on it every day so the fastest you can go is about 65. If you keep it between 45 and 60 in the F-Pace on a long trip you best be getting better than 21 mpg or you got a problem with your car.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL. I get 19.5 around town, and I mash the throttle from most stops, right up to 4k when it changes gear, every gear! LOL

I can get 22.x mpg on long trips to GRVR's neck of the woods. Rt 301 through Delaware and the Maryland eastern shore is a great road for great mileage, since the troopers patrol it like the president is on it every day so the fastest you can go is about 65. If you keep it between 45 and 60 in the F-Pace on a long trip you best be getting better than 21 mpg or you got a problem with your car.
Yep ! We gotz sum *WIDE OPEN SPACES* down here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland !!! I have not yet taken the F-Pace for a nice *6-7* hour drive on the highways , so it will be interesting to see if the mileage goes up much !!! Basically , this little post , was to confirm to *some individuals* that you can most definitely get *360+ miles* per tank of gas in the F-Pace , and I also don't think a few people believed me when I said that I have seen *0-miles to empty* on the Instrument Panel !!! I also want to point out , that *GR* is not really concerned about *MPG's* with the F-Pace , as it is an F-Pace , and THAT'S all that Matters !!! ;)

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
163 Posts
GR: Thanks for the tip!..Without kind and diligent folks like you, I could never fathom the depths of my 18 MPG proclivities. I'll have to try ECO Mode sometime. I'll PM you when/if that ever happens, but keep up the good work!;)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
GR: Thanks for the tip!..Without kind and diligent folks like you, I could never fathom the depths of my 18 MPG proclivities. I'll have to try ECO Mode sometime. I'll PM you when/if that ever happens, but keep up the good work!;)
Life's too short to drive in Eco Mode:)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Amen Brother...If I wanted to drive in ECO mode, I would have bought a Prius..>:)

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Out of GREAT RESPECT for you Kind Sir , I am going to choose the *No Reply* option for this post !!! 0:)

Well that , and the fact that I realize you are probably already HALF-SNOOKERED !!! >:)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Snookered;[snoo k-er, snoo-ker] /ˈsnʊk ər, ˈsnu kər/

noun
1. a variety of pool played with 15 red balls and 6 balls of colors other than red, in which a player must shoot one of the red balls, each with a point value of 1, into a pocket before shooting at one of the other balls, with point values of from 2 to 7.

verb (used with object)
2. Slang. to deceive, cheat, or dupe: to be snookered by a mail order company

So, you're saying MTHM only has half his balls or was half cheated..>:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts