Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , looking to purchase some winter shoes for my 22 inch wheels but want to make sure I get the corret size. My current and oem tires are 265/40/22 but for some reasons the Jag service department just told me I need 275/40/22 ... what do I need exactly?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
390 Posts
That's strange. I thought thinner and taller was better for winter, wider and lower profile was better for summer. Have you put your car into the configurator at Tire Rack, or better yet called them? I trust them for tire sizing more than I do the dealer.

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's strange. I thought thinner and taller was better for winter, wider and lower profile was better for summer. Have you put your car into the configurator at Tire Rack, or better yet called them? I trust them for tire sizing more than I do the dealer.
I did check on tirerack but didn’t see any 22 wheel option...

·
Registered
390 Posts
I did check on tirerack but didn’t see any 22 wheel option...
Give them a call -- 888-541-1777 -- and tell them you have 22 x 9 wheels. They should be able to discuss options. Their system is set up to sell after market 22's for this car, so from that they should know what tires will fit the vehicle on comparably sized aftermarket rims. I purchased a set of aftermarket wheels and winter tires for my old Audi TT, dropping the wheels down an inch to get a taller sidewall tire with the same outer diameter. They were really good with the fitment math.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi , looking to purchase some winter shoes for my 22 inch wheels but want to make sure I get the corret size. My current and oem tires are 265/40/22 but for some reasons the Jag service department just told me I need 275/40/22 ... what do I need exactly?
Thanks for your help
I suspect that is because that is all they have available in their view. A slightly narrower tire is ideal, but from my experiences (on many other cars), factory size is fine. I don't think I would go up unless there is no option. ...there is a reason I went with 20" wheels. ;)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I had 20" factory rims but I ended up going with an 18" tire and rim package from Tirerack. Very happy, less expensive, and nobody really cares what your rim size is or what it looks like when it's freezing winter out...
They work fantastically.....

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
You'll be happy with them. I have the Pirelli Scorpion Winters on my 22 double helix rims which I use as my winter setup. they've been pretty good in the snow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You'll be happy with them. I have the Pirelli Scorpion Winters on my 22 double helix rims which I use as my winter setup. they've been pretty good in the snow.
I use the same setup and agree the Pirelli’s do a great job! They also have raised lettering JLR on the tire itself meaning they’re specifically designed and made for our setup as factory options!

Now to find a great concave wheel set for the summer P-Zero’s!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve had my Pirelli winter 22’s on now since early Dec, and 4000 miles. They are awesome on snow and ice in town and on interstate.
I’ve yet to get loose with them...believe me I’ve tried.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I use the same setup and agree the Pirelli’s do a great job! They also have raised lettering JLR on the tire itself meaning they’re specifically designed and made for our setup as factory options!

Now to find a great concave wheel set for the summer P-Zero’s!
22x10.5 ET 35 is about what you can do if you want the same wheels on all four corners. Ace Alloy has some great looking concave wheels for the F-Pace. I'm running their Convex right now on the FP (pics on the site), and their new AFF 05 is what I'm considering for the SVR I have on order. Great look for the F-pace.

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
39 Posts
Thanks for your help
The 275/40/22 would be 30.7" diameter or 658 revs/mile so you are only running 0.9% bigger diameter than your stock 265/40/22. I think it would be depending on what brand/tire you want which restricts to 265 or 275...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts