Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll try to keep this short. Car was dead on June 11. Not the battery or the fuses. (The start button would flash red and the hazard light button glowed red. There was a slight click under the hood. Nothing else worked. No dash lights and no power to anything.) Towed to dealership on June 14. They assessed that it was the Telematics Module and they acquired a new one. The bad news is that the software needed to be custom-written for my car. They sent a tech to training and have been in constant contact with global service support, but they have been unable to get the uploads to ‘take’ and honestly dont know what to do next. Today is July 13. They’ve had my car for 29 days.

I pulled a bunch of Jag bigwig emails (US and worldwide) and sent out a plea for someone to help our dealership get my car repaired. I was sent to a Global Customer Service liaison last Wed. Last Thurs, she emailed to ask my VIN number. Last Friday, she emailed to confirm my email. I emailed her again yesterday, but have received no follow-up communication that is helpful.

Can anyone give any advice on what we can do? Who we can contact? What would YOU do if your F-Pace with 20,000 miles was sitting in your dealership’s service bay and they didn’t know what to do with it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have they given you a loaner?
They haven’t due to ‘low inventory'. And as each week passed, I’d ask again…thinking maybe they would feel like that was the least they could do to pacify a customer in this unusual situation. Nope. They are officially doing the least they can do by not sourcing a loaner for me. I’ve even shared some super personal health challenges, because our other two vehicles are too tall for me (one-ton Ram and a Wrangler on 35’s). I have treatments and doctor’s appointments that I need to find rides to each week. I haven’t driven since June 10 and am extremely frustrated that I have to rely on others each week to do everything for me. God bless Costco delivery :p but I miss my car!

Day 30.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would show up in the morning, check in at the service desk and tell them you'll wait. Sit down in the customer area and engage any customers that come through in a friendly chat. It shouldn't take long to get a response.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would show up in the morning, check in at the service desk and tell them you'll wait. Sit down in the customer area and engage any customers that come through in a friendly chat. It shouldn't take long to get a response.
Yes, or request they pay for a rental. Sounds like they are stringing you along!

·
Registered
2022 F-Pace SVR, expected Sep '22
2 Posts
Similar situation with my Jeep. I finally sent a letter to the CEO and was contacted by someone who could actually help me. He made sure an engineer looked at the Jeep, figured out what was wrong, got it fixed, and got me an extended warranty for no charge for the inconvenience. No one else in the company seemed to care.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have emailed the CEO of Jaguar and the CEO of Tata Motors (which apparently owns Jaguar?). That’s when I was sent to the Global Customer Liaison who then sent me to the US Executive Liaison.

Today I talked to the dealership and made another appeal for a loaner. They basically said, “We have no inventory to sell, so we have no inventory to loan. Corporate will have to help you with this request.” And I heard back from Corporate today. The liaison said that a loaner would have to be at the discretion of the retailer. Dammit it all to hell. I am stuck in the middle of this finger pointing and no one wanting to take care of the customer. Oh, and the dealership Service Manager told me today that 30 days ‘really wasn’t that long’ and that they’ve actually had cars that have taken a year to repair...but he hoped this wasn’t the case. What in the AF. He actually seemed irritated with me. “Look, this car is taking up a service bay that we need and we dont want it here any longer than you do.” His whole demeanor was just off-putting and impatient.

My husband talked to our attorney today. We don't fall under the guidelines for the Lemon Law, but we could start an arbitration. At what point do we mention the word attorney? I don't know whether that would hurry things along…or slow them down. Has anyone here ever gone through an arbitration or known someone who has?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Not a great advertisement for Jaguar!

I would try to talk to the owner of the dealership and plead your case (loaner car and fix the darn thing). He certainly can make things happen, if anyone can.

I would also pressure JLR Corporate again and be forceful and reiterate that the dealership is leaving you high and dry and they need to step up and do whatever it takes to make things right.

Since the dealer is making excuses, JLR needs to pick up the slack.

Personally, I would not mention legal action unless you’re sure you have a case. Once they here the threat of a lawsuit, they’ll just shut down. It doesn’t scare them. Other than lemon laws. Sorry for your predicament and good luck.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Personally, I would not mention legal action unless you’re sure you have a case. Once they here the threat of a lawsuit, they’ll just shut down. It doesn’t scare them. Other than lemon laws. Sorry for your predicament and good luck.
So what? They are not doing anything now either... if the vehicle is under warranty, they have an obligation to perform under that warranty. They just may need a little help in doing so...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So what? They are not doing anything now either... if the vehicle is under warranty, they have an obligation to perform under that warranty. They just may need a little help in doing so...
I agree something needs to be done. The dealership owner still has ultimate power in his shop. And JLR, although they can’t force the dealer to do anything, can send their mechanic to the store. And arrange a loaner. I would still try one last push before pulling the legal card.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Many dealers will offer a rental car if loaners aren't available. Or offer a vehicle from a sister dealership (Hyundai, Ford, etc.) in the same dealer family/network. Couldn't hurt to ask?

·
F Pace Expert
2,549 Posts
On the actual issue with vehicle; seems strange to me that telematics units would knock out whole vehicle and that software has to "customized" or custom written for the specific vehicle. Just doesn't sound right. Have they checked things like ground wiring? Regarding getting a loaner, yeah, the dealer ought to be paying for Enterprise or something like that at a minimum and Jaguar remimbursing dealer.

·
Registered
2022 F-Pace SVR, expected Sep '22
2 Posts
The problem is you could go from driving the Jag to a used Hyundai!

With my Jeep Wrangler 392, it took 8 months for the dealership to get the parts in and finally fix it. Awful experience to wait that long!

I shared with the escalation agent that I was honestly trying to decide if I should wait or just go lemon law, and was given vague promises about how they'll take care of me. I think lemon at least in Arizona applies if they can't fix the vehicle within 4 months (hopefully it won't take that long for you), or after several attempts. When I asked the escalation agent to get more specific on how they would take care of me, he said they could add 5 years to the bumper-to-bumper warranty, zero deductible, 10 additional free oil changes, roadside assistance, etc. If I had financed the car, they would have paused interest payments, and they even would have paid $55 a day for a rental of my choice with receipts. I decided to wait it out given the value of the warranty since I want to drive it for a long time, and I just got the warranty applied to the VIN this week as promised (includes 1 transfer to new owner if I sell it).

Where he made a difference for me was getting the parts I needed quickly and getting an engineer to help troubleshoot the problem. And it's nice to have the extra 5 years.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have emailed the CEO of Jaguar and the CEO of Tata Motors (which apparently owns Jaguar?). That’s when I was sent to the Global Customer Liaison who then sent me to the US Executive Liaison.

Today I talked to the dealership and made another appeal for a loaner. They basically said, “We have no inventory to sell, so we have no inventory to loan. Corporate will have to help you with this request.” And I heard back from Corporate today. The liaison said that a loaner would have to be at the discretion of the retailer. Dammit it all to hell. I am stuck in the middle of this finger pointing and no one wanting to take care of the customer. Oh, and the dealership Service Manager told me today that 30 days ‘really wasn’t that long’ and that they’ve actually had cars that have taken a year to repair...but he hoped this wasn’t the case. What in the AF. He actually seemed irritated with me. “Look, this car is taking up a service bay that we need and we dont want it here any longer than you do.” His whole demeanor was just off-putting and impatient.

My husband talked to our attorney today. We don't fall under the guidelines for the Lemon Law, but we could start an arbitration. At what point do we mention the word attorney? I don't know whether that would hurry things along…or slow them down. Has anyone here ever gone through an arbitration or known someone who has?

Corporate can most definitely authorize a rental car. If they are telling you they can't that's a lie.

• Love
Reactions: preVenger

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Day 35

The service manager called today and did have some news. They've ordered a Restraint Control Module. There are eight computer modules and the original module they replaced (Telematics module) is somehow not communicating with the other seven modules. I asked how long it will take to get here. “Four or Five days” Ok, well, at least there is some type of plan.

We’ve decided against starting an arbitration…for now. On the subject of a loaner/rental car, neither side will step up (corporate or retail). My frustration is high and I can barely even think about all the BS I’ve been through so far and how long it’s been since I’ve driven a car. (I just looked at my calendar. May 31.) So I wait. I am now car shopping, but nothing has the sleek look of my blacked out baby.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Corporate can most definitely authorize a rental car. If they are telling you they can't that's a lie.
I must be talking to the wrong ‘corporate’ people. Can you suggest a department or person at corporate that I can reach out to? I dont think I’ve been persistent enough. Maybe they gauge it off how pissed off people seem. I’ve been ‘too nice’ and ‘too understanding’. The woman I am communicating with is the Executive Liaison for the Customer Relationship Center located in Mahwah, NJ.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After one year with a 2021 F-Pace and 16k miles and two software updates, I am very disappointed! The issue you are having is a result of poor quality software. My gut feeling the F-Pace software system was programmed by programmers who do not drive automobiles. I think it's time for a class action against Jaguar as the safety systems are lacking and beset with bugs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ll try to keep this short. Car was dead on June 11. Not the battery or the fuses. (The start button would flash red and the hazard light button glowed red. There was a slight click under the hood. Nothing else worked. No dash lights and no power to anything.) Towed to dealership on June 14. They assessed that it was the Telematics Module and they acquired a new one. The bad news is that the software needed to be custom-written for my car. They sent a tech to training and have been in constant contact with global service support, but they have been unable to get the uploads to ‘take’ and honestly dont know what to do next. Today is July 13. They’ve had my car for 29 days.

I pulled a bunch of Jag bigwig emails (US and worldwide) and sent out a plea for someone to help our dealership get my car repaired. I was sent to a Global Customer Service liaison last Wed. Last Thurs, she emailed to ask my VIN number. Last Friday, she emailed to confirm my email. I emailed her again yesterday, but have received no follow-up communication that is helpful.

Can anyone give any advice on what we can do? Who we can contact? What would YOU do if your F-Pace with 20,000 miles was sitting in your dealership’s service bay and they didn’t know what to do with it?
Your problem is a known issue. There's a special service message about the issue SSM75774. Software download failure for the telematics control unit. It specifically states don't attempt any repairs until a fix is issued. The SSM was issued June 22 2022. That means people are working on the problem. As far as a loaner or rental is concerned Jaguar issues the dealers a monthly stipend to cover loaner fees and yes, there is a vehicle shortage right now. We currently have 3 new vehicles for sale where as pre pandemic we were normally stocking at least 20 vehicles and we are a very small dealer. We do have the advantage of also being a Toyota dealer as well so we can put customers in a Toyota rental but that is at the dealers or customers expense, Jaguar does not compensate for that.
I'm afraid you will have to wait until the fix is issued.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts